hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: patch update 13/03/2014 [Libs]

the thing that shits me the most about the new death screen is all the other info it gives.
    "you have 9 kills to go until you get the medal for X"

I dont care, really. I guess I dont mind it too much for the 2 weapons im using at the time, but fuck me I dont want to know how many kills it is until my next prox mine medal. I dont even fucking own prox mines.
    The graph of your life/xp is kind of cool I guess but im sure the novelty will wear off quickly.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Next thing will be an alarm that goes off for tank-drivers when an enemy gets out his C4 ... something like "C4 proximity alert". Because it just frustrating for newbies to die to C4 ... from someone they never even saw, someone who snuck up behind them ...
    I wonder how many new players UBAD has driven to quit...

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    ~pub platoons~
    Yeah they suck, but part of it is a self-fulfilling prophecy: new players ignore the PL so experienced PLs get frustrated and stick to outfit only stuff, the rest of the pub platoons have shitty leaders, new players see this as proof they shouldn't listen to any pub platoon leader. How tactical/strategic can you possibly get when 1/3 or 1/2 the people take 2-3 minutes to redeploy?
    Last edited by ValorousBob; March 14 2014 at 11:29:18 PM.

Wow. I go away for a couple of weeks and they completely fuck the game up.

Invincible players. No reload indicator on aircraft and clips that show zero when there's still plenty of rounds left. Death screen that you have to click past with tons of pointless bullshit and a directional indicator that has no place in a game like this what-so-fucking-ever.

GG SOE, you fucking useless bunch of retards.

The death screen really isn't that bad. The fact that I can't click past it with the mouse is annoying, but you get used to it (this does not excuse terrible design). Hopefully it does it's job (helping new players feel like their repeated deaths were less random), it doesn't seem like it actually gives away enough information for anyone to mind.

I mean, sure, if you're camping a spawn with a sniper rifle and counting on no one finding you, it might make your life harder. But given the low opinion I have of spawn snipers (and snipers in general in this game), I don't really mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

Invincible players. No reload indicator on aircraft and clips that show zero when there's still plenty of rounds left. Death screen that you have to click past with tons of pointless bullshit and a directional indicator that has no place in a game like this what-so-fucking-ever.

I feel like I was ahead of the curve here.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Invincible players is just buggy shit, a decent patch will solve that. Same with reload indicator, and the clips. I find the death screen to be nice light reading material between deaths, but that's just a matter of opinion. And the directional indicator is a nice way to deal with half of the purple laser shitters being a cloaky dooshbag (slight anxiety cause it was getting out of hand, the indicator seems to have calmed it down a bit).
    Last edited by Keeves; March 16 2014 at 07:59:21 AM. Reason: over-reacted a bit

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Yeah, it's the buggy shit and poor design decisions that annoy me. The info on the death screen is fine, bar the stupid concession to console-fucktards that is the directional indicator, but after over a year and a half of having an automatic death screen, I find myself waiting - until I realise, then I get fucking annoyed because I can't mouseclick past.

@Keeves - no player should need a big red cone to identify the direction of sniper (or indeed any other) fire with the way tracers are in this game, and the red/yellow bullet shitters are every bit as capable of sniping as VS. This is a direct concession to console saps with no attention span and the mental capacity of a small root vegetable, and it has no place in a game like PS2.

Invincible players is by far one of the worst bugs they've ever introduced; that it's still happening several days later is beyond ridiculous.

The 'lib overhaul' saw it get one (shit) belly weapons that is virtually identical (except for the worse bits) to the existing zephyr, a crap nose gun that no one cares about and one good tail weapon. No dumb bombs, nothing remotely interesting. The FOV changes, AB changes etc. to the lib are all good, but it's not an overhaul - it should have worked the way it does now from the start. What a disappointment.

I still love the game, but the new weekly patching is just making things worse. They couldn't come up with anything interesting with months between patches, so now the frequency has increased, they just seem to be shitting out whatever's on the drawing board and hoping it'll work. The Duster is a prime example - it's a zephyr with less damage, higher COF and a bigger clip. It does exactly the same job and is basically an irrelevance, and will be far less effective at killing groundpounders than the Zeph. There were so many other options... what a waste.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

I feel like I was ahead of the curve here.

-O
    Ahead of schedule actually [url]http://o.

And to support their shitty state of the game, their forums are slow as fuck ...

The death screen makes me rage. you can't close it with a mouse click so I generally sit there clicking my mouse raging about how shitty this game is along with how much I loathe the playerbase. then I smash space bar or something while cursing the vanu gods and repsawn into some shitty 48v48 fight only to log off.

My solution is to not play for at least a week after such a patch. Afterwards you have forgotten how everything used to work and don't wonder why ouy can't click past the deathscreen anymore for example.

Ofc, since they're patching weekly, means i won't be playing at all anymore.

No, i don't see my logical error

@Keeves - no player should need a big red cone to identify the direction of sniper (or indeed any other) fire with the way tracers are in this game, and the red/yellow bullet shitters are every bit as capable of sniping as VS. This is a direct concession to console saps with no attention span and the mental capacity of a small root vegetable, and it has no place in a game like PS2.
    Yes, anyone with decent intelligence doesn't need indicators to deal with snipers. With that said, the average PS2 player is so pants on head retarded that quite literally half of the population of a faction was rolling them (I play all 3 factions but VS is by far the worst on Connery). The indicator has seemed to slow it down a tiny bit, but its damn frustrating trying to push back a tank or plane zerg when half of the defenders are leaving spawn as cloakyfags.

disclaimer: this is the opinion of a solo player.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Having played almost non-stop for the last couple days (not counting work and sleep), I'd say I've gotten used to the death screen. It's annoying as fuck at first, lots of rage, but at this point, it pops up, I click a button, go on as usual. Does that make it good design? Fuck no. It just means that I'm a frog in water that is slowly warming.

I haven't seen as many invincible players the last day or so, I know I saw a few on Friday but none since. And watching an invincible galaxy flop along on the ground on its back like a whale was worth it. Seriously. It just kept circling around indar excavation, swimming along on the ground.

At the moment, I'm finding myself more annoyed by how useless the mini map has gotten as they've made the bases more interesting. Has it been updated at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Steckersaurus View Post

At the moment, I'm finding myself more annoyed by how useless the mini map has gotten as they've made the bases more interesting. Has it been updated at all?
    Good minimap zoom control is pretty key ive found. Some people rebind mousewheelup/down to it. Think the default is ] and [. What do you mean updated?

I gave up asking SOE to add filters to remove all the shit from it - leaving only enemy contacts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Good minimap zoom control is pretty key ive found. Some people rebind mousewheelup/down to it. Think the default is ] and [. What do you mean updated?

I gave up asking SOE to add filters to remove all the shit from it - leaving only enemy contacts etc.
    I learned to zoom it in and out... yesterday, maybe. I mostly mean that the map doesn't match the new bases in some cases. For example, walls have been added to keep vehicles from overrunning some of them, but according to the minimap, those walls aren't there. So I spawn at a sundy, turn to go into the base, and there's a wall. Look at the map, see that I need to go around the corner. Go around corner, NOPE. Wall keeps going for another 50m that doesn't show on the map.

Also, the new Amerish bases that have lots of underground stuff, the map is entirely useless. Even for bases that are mostly one floor, it's just underground. I'd really like them to figure out a way to handle bases that aren't simply 1-2 story buildings on the surface.

I'm really happy with the way they've improved the bases1, amp station battles and such like are much more fun. I just wish the map was more helpful when I'm feeling lost. ATM I usually just redeploy to the next base if I can't find my way out.

1I think this happened a while ago, but I'm just now playing enough to notice it.

Does anyone know how to remove icons from the HUD? I don't need to see where the fucking next base is, I've been playing non-stop since Beta and all it's doing is blocking my view of the people standing in front of me. I'd really like to be able to turn off the icons for Gens and Cap Points as well, they're useful sometimes in Amp Stations and Bio Labs where points tend to flip often, but in a single point base I don't need to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove icons from the HUD? I don't need to see where the fucking next base is, I've been playing non-stop since Beta and all it's doing is blocking my view of the people standing in front of me. I'd really like to be able to turn off the icons for Gens and Cap Points as well, they're useful sometimes in Amp Stations and Bio Labs where points tend to flip often, but in a single point base I don't need to see it.
    No can do. You either have all the shit or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

I learned to zoom it in and out... yesterday, maybe. I mostly mean that the map doesn't match the new bases in some cases. For example, walls have been added to keep vehicles from overrunning some of them, but according to the minimap, those walls aren't there. So I spawn at a sundy, turn to go into the base, and there's a wall. Look at the map, see that I need to go around the corner. Go around corner, NOPE. Wall keeps going for another 50m that doesn't show on the map.

Also, the new Amerish bases that have lots of underground stuff, the map is entirely useless. Even for bases that are mostly one floor, it's just underground. I'd really like them to figure out a way to handle bases that aren't simply 1-2 story buildings on the surface.

I'm really happy with the way they've improved the bases1, amp station battles and such like are much more fun. I just wish the map was more helpful when I'm feeling lost. ATM I usually just redeploy to the next base if I can't find my way out.

1I think this happened a while ago, but I'm just now playing enough to notice it.
    MLG-rdy game man .... mlg!

Edit: Guess what i'm saying is, that this game is done by a bunch of amateurs. It feels like an addon to something ... which it basically is. Sony makes TVs and such ... PS2 often feels like some cheap game that is done by a company that just doesn't "do" games ... a bit like those old pre-installed games on the first smart-tvs or something like that.
    Last edited by Cortess; March 16 2014 at 09:25:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    MLG-rdy game man .... mlg!

Edit: Guess what i'm saying is, that this game is done by a bunch of amateurs. It feels like an addon to something ... which it basically is. Sony makes TVs and such ... PS2 often feels like some cheap game that is done by a company that just doesn't "do" games ... a bit like those old pre-installed games on the first smart-tvs or something like that.
    "Good God! I've been sayin' it. I've been sayin' it for ten damn years. Ain't I been sayin' it, Miguel? Yeah, I've been sayin' it."

PS2 is a sloppy hackjob, always has been, always will be.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    PS2 is a sloppy hackjob, always has been, always will be.

-O
    Totally misread that as "sloppy blowjob" the first time.

I'd suggest that PS2 is kinda in that EVE zone of being horrifically flawed and poorly designed and yet people play it anyways because it's fun and lacks real competition for the things it does well.