hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3441424344

Thread: Dungeons And Dragons Style Tabletop Games

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    2nd session went well few no shows and 2 new pllayers so it balanced out well.
    Tank had to go early and tried to jump off a moving barge stacked it and fell in a river wearing armour rather than have him drown i dues exed it abit and had one of the baddies drag him from the river and kidnap him and then it went off on a massive tangent after he left including the most brutal interigation by a lawful good cleric ive ever seen that including letting the barbarian smash the guys bollocks then cast cure wounds on them and do it again XD. Then they ended up using a wild shaped druid who had turned into a rat as a UAV by getting the muscle to lob her onto a roof XD. Then i flashbanged the lot of them and they are going to wake up in prison cus im sick of their shit its shanking time.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    2nd session went well few no shows and 2 new pllayers so it balanced out well.
    Tank had to go early and tried to jump off a moving barge stacked it and fell in a river wearing armour rather than have him drown i dues exed it abit and had one of the baddies drag him from the river and kidnap him and then it went off on a massive tangent after he left including the most brutal interigation by a lawful good cleric ive ever seen that including letting the barbarian smash the guys bollocks then cast cure wounds on them and do it again XD. Then they ended up using a wild shaped druid who had turned into a rat as a UAV by getting the muscle to lob her onto a roof XD. Then i flashbanged the lot of them and they are going to wake up in prison cus im sick of their shit its shanking time.
    Deck of many things -> take away all their magic items....

I think the only time I'd ever give a party a deck of many things is if they were also running Tomb of Horrors, there are so many stories of it just ruining campaigns that I'd have to do it when not using their real characters or in some sort of illusion world using tomb as the back drop.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    I think the only time I'd ever give a party a deck of many things is if they were also running Tomb of Horrors, there are so many stories of it just ruining campaigns that I'd have to do it when not using their real characters or in some sort of illusion world using tomb as the back drop.
    Nah mate, we had it in the middle of a fairly progressed campaign, and it only improved everything. I think the DM changed it a little bit, and he obviously used it to remove one character of a leaving player, but still if you work with the downsides as a party, its not so bad.