hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRBs

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Cyborg fly 5 for 50$?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Anyone have experience with that joystick?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    your mums got experience with my stick lol #rekt

Cyborg fly 5 for 50$?

Cheap build quality and outrageously large deadzones, better steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Actually one of the better cheap sticks is ambidextrious. The T.16000M from thrustmaster is about 45 euro around here. Its not super fancy many buttons(don't need em anyway unless DCSFULLNERD) but good precision and spring.
    Does it have rudder control?

Edit: found it. It does.

Don't like rudder on your z?
    Last edited by Torashuu; March 4 2014 at 05:52:40 PM.

Cyborg fly 5 for 50$?

Cheap build quality and outrageously large deadzones, better steer clear.

Actually one of the better cheap sticks is ambidextrious. The T.16000M from thrustmaster is about 45 euro around here. Its not super fancy many buttons(don't need em anyway unless DCSFULLNERD) but good precision and spring.
    Does it have rudder control?

Edit: found it. It does.

Don't like rudder on your z?
    Obviously id prefer pedals but yeah, too expensive for my taste.

The thing is, I am real lazy about the home made trackir and I wouldnt play without it, so that's 100$ + shipping. I might need a joyclip or whatever since I have no space for to put the thing on my desk, so that's 80$.

And I'd like to stay under 250$.

I suppose I'll wait a bit and scrounge up some more cash and get a x52 or something then.

The T 16000m is a better stick compared to x52, just less buttons. Buttons you don't really need for WT. If you do want a stick with throttle go for the Hog. If thats too expensive(which is fine) then the T 16000m or Logitech 3d extreme pro will do just fine. Tbh shelling out for a Hog for just WT is a waste. If I were you I'd just get one of the cheap sticks and try it. Use one of the hat switches for viewing and see if you feel like putting down more $$$.

any of you nerds have an oculus rift?

the more I think about it the less I want head tracking and shit.

What? Why not?

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

What? Why not?

-O
    Because I want an oculus rift?

The new dev kit is 350 bucks with 1080p screens, i'm too poor atm to get it but fuck me if that doesn't look amazing.

The new dev kit is 350 bucks with 1080p screens, i'm too poor atm to get it but fuck me if that doesn't look amazing.
    Ah, I see. I thought you meant you didn't want head tracking at all, not that you were holding off on TrackIR for the Rift.

My major worry about it is still angular resolution. 960x1080 at ~100 degree horizontal and vertical resolution works out to 1.8 mil horizontal and 1.6 mil vertical resolution, Meaning a target that's 1x1m may stop rendering entirely at as little as 625m, depending on how the hardware, SDK, and engine handle sub-pixel elements.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

Ah, I see. I thought you meant you didn't want head tracking at all, not that you were holding off on TrackIR for the Rift.

My major worry about it is still angular resolution. 960x1080 at ~100 degree horizontal and vertical resolution works out to 1.8 mil horizontal and 1.6 mil vertical resolution, Meaning a target that's 1x1m may stop rendering entirely at as little as 625m, depending on how the hardware, SDK, and engine handle sub-pixel elements.

-O
    Yeah I didnt do the math but fov is my main stress with that thing. It might not be that big a problem for frb's since spotting is capped at 5km anyway but we'll see.

Used to be for FRB WT that resolution didn't matter (or even, lower resolution would be a boon) since the smallest element used was 1 pixel. Hurts with trying to identify the shape though ofcourse.

Used to be for FRB WT that resolution didn't matter (or even, lower resolution would be a boon) since the smallest element used was 1 pixel. Hurts with trying to identify the shape though ofcourse.
    Well you might have been in a similar situation but as a private pilot myself spotting a plane far away is extra fucking hard irl, figuring out what plane it is is pretty much impossible past 3-4km for smaller planes in my opinion.

Only plane spotting I've done IRL is watching 7x7s pass overhead on a clear day. As such I've no clue as how to make it work in a game.

Only plane spotting I've done IRL is watching 7x7s pass overhead on a clear day. As such I've no clue as how to make it work in a game.
    Youtube videos are allegedly alot worst than ingame (compression buff the one or two black pixels ) and it looks about as hard as it was for me the first times I flew irl.

I'd have to try ingame to give an accurate answer but I expect it to be roughly life like from what I have seen.

With facebook announcing that they're buying Oculus, I wonder if down the line you will be forced to have a facebook account to use it or how often during a match you will be spammed with ads.

For FRB do you have to do all of the engine micromanagement yourself, like the mixture ratios and all that jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    With facebook announcing that they're buying Oculus, I wonder if down the line you will be forced to have a facebook account to use it or how often during a match you will be spammed with ads.

For FRB do you have to do all of the engine micromanagement yourself, like the mixture ratios and all that jazz?
    I decide that I'm interested in oculus rift and ONE FUCKING DAY later they sell out to facebook....

I want to give em' a chance but fuck I feel cursed right now.

For the engine management I've seen control for them, I highly doubt it's modeled for even a small portion of planes though.

Full engine management is in for only a handfull. Most have prop pitch and radiator cowling modeled, then super/turbocharger gears, mixture does nothing at all. Even trim varies from plane to plane, but then especially the earlier ones didn't always have trim tabs.

Full engine management is in for only a handfull. Most have prop pitch and radiator cowling modeled, then super/turbocharger gears, mixture does nothing at all. Even trim varies from plane to plane, but then especially the earlier ones didn't always have trim tabs.
    Yeah that's what I expected.

Now I can't imagine flying a plane irl without trim, a badly trimmed cessna 172 wich is multiple times less powerful than even late ww1 - early ww2 planes takes a great deal of force to keep level without trim.

It would be one bitchy flight to keep 10 pounds of constant force on a stick for multiple hours.