hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRBs

FRBs

I've been obsessing over phlydaily FRB videos but i'm too poor to get myself a trackir + joystick atm :_(

anyone plays FRB here?

Like 95% of FHC are arcade skrubz.

Never tried FRB, historicals are the most I tried. I guess FRB is out-of-bounds for mouse users, or?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Never tried FRB, historicals are the most I tried. I guess FRB is out-of-bounds for mouse users, or?
    Allegedly mouse joystick was much improved in 1.37. But it's still not the same as a proper joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Allegedly mouse joystick was much improved in 1.37. But it's still not the same as a proper joystick.
    I tried some FRB training with the k4 and mouse just doesn't cut it, I wouldn't even try without a trackIR to be honest I felt so incompetent and there where no enemies.

If you want to practice FRB handling and spotting try the Duel event. You spawn right on top of each other. Biggest issues with FRB is queue times being very long. The planes shift in power as well as visibility becomes important and accuracy goes down.

yeah can imagine bubble canopy > all

hello griffon spitfires :3

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

hello tempests :3
    fyp

There is already a bubble canopy spit and also 'stangs.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

hello tempests :3
    fyp

There is already a bubble canopy spit and also 'stangs.
    no, really? an overtiered spitfire who can barely compete? (as much as it is the sexiest spit in the game)

Pest is great but it doesn't work nearly as well in today's environment of BEARCATS ALL THE TIME GAAAH. That high altitude and climbing ability is a bitch. Mind, still my fav plane, esp the Mk2, even though it gets buttraped by the MM.

So yes, griffon spitfires ftw.

Mustangs are really nice. As are FWs, aircobras and Tu/Pe's (no cockpit modeled so they get the virtual one..hax etc). Don't see too many tempests or spitfires tbh in FRB.

Don't cobras have terrible visibility? Always felt like they did.

And yes mustangs are glorious.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    nah cobras have a really sweet cockpit

Bombers work very well in frb to troll some of the,erm, "slower" fighter pilots.
    You will still die horribly to the competent ones but at least a B17 won't require a joystick to fly properly.

There are also a lot of people who use a joystick to fly and left hand mouse for looking instead of freetrack/facetracknoir. Takes a bit getting used to though. If you are into doiy the building your own tracking setup is also cheap and fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    There are also a lot of people who use a joystick to fly and left hand mouse for looking instead of freetrack/facetracknoir. Takes a bit getting used to though. If you are into doiy the building your own tracking setup is also cheap and fairly easy.
    Do tell?

How would one go about making a reliable face tracking thingamajab?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

http://www.free-track.net/english/

Webcam & point model manuals are in there. In short remove IR filter from Webcam and apply Floppy disk guts as visible light filter. Solder 3 IR leds into a circuit with resistor & powersource. Fiddle with sensitivity and linearity curves untill happy.

I still had the webcam(crappy logitech quickcam express, PS3 eyetoy are best (120fps), spent less then 3$ on the leds (SFH485P) and components and 1 beer on borrowing a soldering iron.

TrackIR likes to pretend they do superfancy maths & have specialized hardware to make their product superior, but its really a 120fps camera and just the same basic math problem algorithm. There are several free software interfaces available, getting it to work is not quite plug&play (about as hard as pirating a game) because natural point are fagots and buy devs into their api to shut out any devtime on the open interface.
    If you buy trackIR you're basically spending 30$ on hardware & software, 40$ on shutting down competitors and 80$ on hookers & blow for NP.

For the full :tinfoil:
    http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.n...mpetition.html

Best reason to build it yourself thought is because hella cheap and fun while working just as well.
    Last edited by Torashuu; March 3 2014 at 03:01:28 PM.

http://www.free-track.net/english/

Webcam & point model manuals are in there. In short remove IR filter from Webcam and apply Floppy disk guts as visible light filter. Solder 3 IR leds into a circuit with resistor & powersource. Fiddle with sensitivity and linearity curves untill happy.
    Will read that tonight, I might be able to shell 150 for a joystick but 300 for joystick + trackir is a tad much for my budget

Now ive never used a joystick and am a lefty, I really don't know if I should check for an ambidextrous one or if it's a case of dealwithit.jpg

Did my piloting courses in a cessna, never got to a stickplane sadly

Actually one of the better cheap sticks is ambidextrious. The T.16000M from thrustmaster is about 45 euro around here. Its not super fancy many buttons(don't need em anyway unless DCSFULLNERD) but good precision and spring.

Actually one of the better cheap sticks is ambidextrious. The T.16000M from thrustmaster is about 45 euro around here. Its not super fancy many buttons(don't need em anyway unless DCSFULLNERD) but good precision and spring.
    Does it have rudder control?

Edit: found it. It does.

Cyborg fly 5 for 50$?