hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove non sentry drone tracking entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    So, drone AI being what it is, some field research tonight showed that a Warrior II launched from a max skilled Dragoon (which FYI does 7.88km/s, has 5 times better tracking than a Taranis, and a signature resolution of 25m vs small guns which have a res of 40m) still can't hit a MWDing slicer for any damage at all 9/10 volleys because it can't stop MWDing at full speed and breaking the fuck out of it's tracking.

It's a problem that everyone has been aware of for a long ass time, but is understandably probably too complicated to program drones to behave not retardedly so it's likely not something that will be even looked at in the near future. But, what if there was a simple workaround, namely… dun dun dun

Removing Drone Tracking from the equation entirely and using something similar to the missile formula based on drone sig resolution, target speed, and target signature (and proximity to target obviously). It would still allow the ability to mitigate drone damage by being fast and having a low sig radius, but it would also allow drones to behave a little more in line with how they were likely intended (unless it's a lore thing where Gallente and Amarr weapon designers could only come up with a system that would micro warp drive around the target faster than it can track and keep shooting into space and they just rolled it out half finished), and it's actually something that seems more feasible than programming drones to be able to pilot effectively. You could still program Warriors to be able to track and apply damage better to fast targets, Gallente would still do more damage but have more trouble applying it, and you could still make Amarr and Caldari shit. The only difference is that drones would actually work properly now.

Yeah?
    I have flagged this post to the devs.

Notice has been taken; comments made.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Notice has been taken; comments made.
    Thanks Malc.

Anything you can share or NDA?

The reception was positive. That's all.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    By positive, you mean the vikings didn't throw their beer mug at you for daring to suggest actually improving the core game, instead of "more ship skins and microtransactions to pay for more beer" ?

I guess that's positive enough.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    (unless it's a lore thing where Gallente and Amarr weapon designers could only come up with a system that would micro warp drive around the target faster than it can track and keep shooting into space and they just rolled it out half finished)
    I lol'd

+1 for good idea though, so painfully obvious it makes you wonder why its not already in place....

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    By positive, you mean the vikings didn't throw their beer mug at you for daring to suggest actually improving the core game, instead of "more ship skins and microtransactions to pay for more beer" ?

I guess that's positive enough.
    Oh do shush you tedious little man