hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Star trek!

wasn't that 2 parter the last ones roddenberry did before he died ?
    A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Star Trek Voyager -- My favorite series, despite how much hate that generates.
    It's just because we're all chauvinist pigs and the captain was a woman whos personality infected the rest of the crew and made them woman too.

Maybe it could've been better if they were all actual women ... space-pyjama-party like ...

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by hinch View Post
    wasn't that 2 parter the last ones roddenberry did before he died ?
    nah like hell he had anything to do with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post

(screencap i just took )

Yes, the visuals are that good.
    Torrent it!!!

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

(screencap i just took )

Torrent it!!!
    http://pirateproxy.ca/torrent/953213...AC3_iTA_DTS_AC

This is really sad but what a few friends and I did a few times, was play some vidya games, have some booze, all get on vent/TS/mumble and do a sci fi watching session. So somebody would pick an ep of something, distribute the link and everybody would press play at the same time! So we could all share in the epicness together or whichever show.Totally funny and incredibly geeky... i feel like one of those sessions now
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    You should record the last 25 seconds of the end of the first ep......... "Mr Worf..................... FIRE" Dadadadadaadadadadda doooom adadadadadaddad dooom adadadadadadadadaadaddadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......do do do doooo do do dooo... Associate Producer(?) Wendy Neuss etc
    This is why the combined cinematic cut of that two-parter is a crime against humanity, that cliff-hanger is fucking epic. Seriously, show part 1 to somebody who's never seen it and then tell them "you can't see the conclusion for 6 months". Kids these days with their binging on Netflix, they don't even know they're born.

This is really sad but what a few friends and I did a few times, was play some vidya games, have some booze, all get on vent/TS/mumble and do a sci fi watching session. So somebody would pick an ep of something, distribute the link and everybody would press play at the same time! So we could all share in the epicness together or whichever show.Totally funny and incredibly geeky... i feel like one of those sessions now
    There's nothing geeky about that. That sounds fucking awesome. However repugnant you politics are that sounds like something honest to god good people can get down with.

I dunno if it was #failheap or #scrapheap for the Summer Olympics and we were watching Judo. We had to sync playing times from the different streams we were watching and it was awesome. Just watching the same shit, it was cool. That's what I want from life. Just watching the same stuff go by, with nice settled light and popcorn and a bucket of coke. Good times.

(screencap i just took )

Have they remastered the whole series, or just a few eps?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

"I wonder if the Emperor Honorious, watching the Visigoths coming over the seventh hill, could truly realize that the Roman Empire was about to fall. This is really just another page of history, isn't it? Will this be the end of our civilization?"

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

(screencap i just took )

Have they remastered the whole series, or just a few eps?
    I believe they're up to season 5 now - they're doing all of them. Definitely 1-4 has been done as of last April.

Welp. Guess I'm rewatching TNG then.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

THE PUNISHED
    Seasons 1 and 2 are rather amusing to watch as you can see some of the tricks they used. For example, the lighting in the first two seasons was so harsh (almost film noir ish in some scenes) that the reflections of the consoles at the back of the bridge would show the lights and camera crew. so they'd board them up with black sugar paper. In the VHS it's either not noticeable or so subtle it doesn't register unless you're really looking. On Blu-ray, you can see they have cardboard covering the screens ><

What really gets me is some of the model work. Some of the miniatures used are astounding in their detail. In some ways they're more obviously models but in other ways, they're just so intricate.

THE PUNISHED

That phaser coming off the nacelle(s) seems suspect. I know the idea is that the federation flagship is giving the cube a good volley but still... right on the nacelle it just seems sloppy.

But love the pics as always

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED
    That phaser coming off the nacelle(s) seems suspect. I know the idea is that the federation flagship is giving the cube a good volley but still... right on the nacelle it just seems sloppy.

But love the pics as always
    It's on the edge of the nacelle - look at the first two pics, there are phaser strips there.

Yes, it should be a little lower from where it's coming from however that's where it came from in the original episode.

Hmm okay that makes more sense (embarassingly ive never noticed those strips before)

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    My favorite star trek was the new movies
    Nice try...

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED
    Hmm okay that makes more sense (embarassingly ive never noticed those strips before)
    The galaxy class (initial fit) has 11 visible phaser banks on it.

Two on the saucer (top and bottom)
    One on the bottom of the hull (fired a few times in the show)
    One on each nacelle (fired in TBOBW)
    Two below the aft torpedo launcher
    Two next to the aft torpedo launcher
    Two near the shuttle bays

then there's one under the saucer, on the cobra-head of the stardrive section (which for some reason they didn't use during the separation sequence but hey ho).

The War Galaxies seen in DS9 had 2 more arrays I think - one more along the top of each nacelle.

Interesting, you certainly know your stuff!

I was browsing mem alpha a while back and was interested to read that in Darmok they admitted that they got the phaser shooting wrong, by blasting it out of a torpedo launcher:

"This episode is also notable as it is the only time a phaser beam is emitted from the main photon torpedo tube. It is admitted to be a post-production mistake in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion. Of the mistake, Rick Berman said the producers received hundreds of letters from fans pointing it out. The effect is corrected for the BluRay release"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread