hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Star trek!

Yeah, The Doctor was really good in Voyager.

EvE: Danny John-Peter
    Everything Else: Sharptoast

http://youtu.be/n083W4MGUvE?t=1m35s

Not sure how to embed at exactly a certain point
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Next episode, Bam!, back to normal and never mentioned again.
    And in Year of Hell, they literally reset everything at the end of the episode. Imagine if the season opened with Voyager basically fucked and they had to make do with what was left!

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Next episode, Bam!, back to normal and never mentioned again.
    And in Year of Hell, they literally reset everything at the end of the episode. Imagine if the season opened with Voyager basically fucked and they had to make do with what was left!
    I know, would have been so much more interesting. Having to recover the crew who had left in shuttles and escape pods, limping along, starfleet rules and regulations being ignored etc.. proper tension amongst the crew.. could have been brilliant tbh, start of a seasonal story arc where Janeway crosses the lines to protect her crew....

Could have been fantastic but :NOPELETSRESETTIMEINTHISBITOFTHEGALAXY: gayness
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I've always maintained that Star Trek: Equinox would have been a much better show.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

It sort of is... well it has the guy who played Capt Ramsom in it and it has Equinox in the name

Fan made thingymejig

http://www.treknews.net/2014/01/01/s...-time-details/

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

The best episodes of Enterprise were the "through a mirror darkly" ones. I think these are some of the last episodes before it got canceled, so the writers just say "fuck it" and went nuts.

I know, would have been so much more interesting. Having to recover the crew who had left in shuttles and escape pods, limping along, starfleet rules and regulations being ignored etc.. proper tension amongst the crew.. could have been brilliant tbh, start of a seasonal story arc where Janeway crosses the lines to protect her crew....
    Exactly, but what actually happened was that they essentially took away the resource constraints after the first few episodes, presumably so they could recycle a whole load of never-made TNG episodes. Such a squandered opportunity, one that DS9 didn't shy away from.

In the end, it's rather telling that my favourite Voyager episodes are essentially the "what if" ones, such as Year of Hell and that one where the entire ship was taken over and converted to a training camp. It's a dose of "here's what could happen if we tried" in amongst a season of seriously lazy storytelling.

The only thing worse than voyager was enterprise.

Both were fucking awful, though. Hard to compare which was more awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    The only thing worse than voyager was enterprise.

Both were fucking awful, though. Hard to compare which was more awful.
    Enterprise had the decency to get cancelled after a couple seasons. Voyager just kept loading on the shit.

Enterprise was cancelled just as it was starting to get good. Season 4 had some really good multi parters IMHO.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

How did you even manage to get to season 4 of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

You can just skip most of the episodes... Go straight to the one with the Orion slave girls (ofc), and then watch the mirror darkly ones.

THE PUNISHED
    Has anyone downloaded / bought the Blu-Ray TNG remastered?

If you have an inkling, I suggest The Best of Both Worlds - re-edited into a single "cinematic" release - it looks amazing.

It was released at some selected regional theatres when it came out. I only wish they'd done that in the UK - I'd pay full price to see it.

the updated effects are amazing - kinda like the TOS remastered - you can't "tell" it's been updated - they stay true to the spirit of the show. Some of the model work is absolutely astounding.

"At nineteen hundred hours yesterday, the USS Lalo departed Zeta Alpha Two on a freight run to Sentinel Minor 4. At Twenty Two hours and twelve minutes, a distress signal was received at Starbase 1-5-7. The Lalo reported contact with an alien vessel, described as "Cube Shaped". The distress signal ended abruptly, and she's not been heard from since."

"Mr Data, how long would it take to get there at Warp Nine?"

"One hour seventeen minutes, sir."

"Make it so."

"We're coming with every available starship to assist, Captain, But... the closest help is... six days away."

"We'll try to keep them occupied, until you arrive."

"I know you will. Hansen out."

and to any of you fans, I know you did that in their voices... ;-)

I swear to god, the music in that episode was astounding.

"Mr Worf; Dispatch a sub-space message to Admiral Hansen; we have engaged the Borg."

JEAN-LUC PICARD, CAPTAIN OF THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE; REGISTRY N-C-C 1-7-0-1-D: YOU WILL LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND PREPARE TO TRANSPORT YOURSELF ABOARD OUR VESSEL. IF YOU DO NOT CO-OPERATE, WE WILL DESTROY YOUR SHIP.
    Last edited by Ralara; February 13 2014 at 06:55:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Has anyone downloaded / bought the Blu-Ray TNG remastered?

If you have an inkling, I suggest The Best of Both Worlds - re-edited into a single "cinematic" release - it looks amazing.

It was released at some selected regional theatres when it came out. I only wish they'd done that in the UK - I'd pay full price to see it.

the updated effects are amazing - kinda like the TOS remastered - you can't "tell" it's been updated - they stay true to the spirit of the show. Some of the model work is absolutely astounding.

"At nineteen hundred hours yesterday, the USS Lalo departed Zeta Alpha Two on a freight run to Sentinel Minor 4. At Twenty Two hours and twelve minutes, a distress signal was received at Starbase 1-5-7. The Lalo reported contact with an alien vessel, described as "Cube Shaped". The distress signal ended abruptly, and she's not been heard from since."

"Mr Data, how long would it take to get there at Warp Nine?"

"One hour seventeen minutes, sir."

"Make it so."

"We're coming with every available starship to assist, Captain, But... the closest help is... six days away."

"We'll try to keep them occupied, until you arrive."

"I know you will. Hansen out."

and to any of you fans, I know you did that in their voices... ;-)

I swear to god, the music in that episode was astounding.
    I love you, and that amazing job they did on the music for that double ep... just so spooky..

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED

(screencap i just took )

Yes, the visuals are that good.
    Last edited by Ralara; February 13 2014 at 06:56:23 PM.

That is good.. I really need to spend a few hundred and update my collection. Got all of it, but bought at all different times and boxes are fairly battered now.

You should record the last 25 seconds of the end of the first ep......... "Mr Worf..................... FIRE" Dadadadadaadadadadda doooom adadadadadaddad dooom adadadadadadadadaadaddadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......do do do doooo do do dooo... Associate Producer(?) Wendy Neuss etc

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED
    I love you, and that amazing job they did on the music for that double ep... just so spooky..
    Ron Jones; amazing composer.

Funnily enough he also composed the music to "The Neutral Zone" which was the Borg's first footprint, and then later Q-Who, their first appearance.

Frankly I think it was brilliant; 3 seasons of build-up (sorta). They were so amazing. Fuck the later episodes and seasons, the build up and pay-off for this episode was astounding. Especially when you consider this was a 1989-90 episodic TV show. I have to say, it still stands up today.

I showed my sister this episode in its entirety a year or two back - she had no interest in Star Trek or scifi in general - but when the Borg Cube appeared on the screen after Picard said "Magnify.", she said "fuck."

I think even people who don't like scifi would love this as a two-parter.

I especially love the fact that they brought Shelby in. She's not a sex symbol, she's not a romantic interest. She's just a "woman" who knows her shit and gets that shit done, and done well. This was before Buffy and other FEMALE POWER shit. Groundbreaking at the time and frankly refreshing, even in 2014.

THE PUNISHED
    That is good.. I really need to spend a few hundred and update my collection. Got all of it, but bought at all different times and boxes are fairly battered now.

You should record the last 25 seconds of the end of the first ep......... "Mr Worf..................... FIRE" Dadadadadaadadadadda doooom adadadadadaddad dooom adadadadadadadadaadaddadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......do do do doooo do do dooo... Associate Producer(?) Wendy Neuss etc
    It was edited as a movie in the blu-ray so it doesn't have that DUN DUN DUN, however the original did.

Here ya go. Also, it says "Executive Producer Gene Roddenberry", not Wendy Neuss

Last edited by Ralara; February 13 2014 at 07:11:55 PM.

Star Trek TOS -- Too young to really "get it" honestly. But enjoyed the re-runs as a little kid.
    Star Trek TOS Films
    II was the best ever.
    I, IV and VI I like alot, would watch again.
    III was meh (but had some good moments, iconic Enterprise blowed up scene, for example).
    V was so bad it cannot be expressed in words.
    Star Trek TNG -- Loved it but it's aged pretty badly now. Still watch reruns whenever I run accross them tho.
    Star Trek TNG Films -- All were pretty weak, honestly, like longer, higher budgeted episodes. Lacked "film level" quality IMO. Great as "episodes" tho.
    Star Trek Voyager -- My favorite series, despite how much hate that generates.
    Star Trek DS9 -- loathed it, only ST series I never watched more than the first handful of episodes.
    Star Trek Enterprise -- Horribly bad, but watched it anyway. Started getting slightly better towards the end, but not nearly enough.
    Star Trek Film Reboots -- Big, flashy, almost utterly content-free films that were good for eating popcorn and going "ooohhh, shiney", empty of intellectual enjoyment, tbh. Do love Pegg tho.

The future:

Would love to see a another Star Trek TNG style reboot, just a little ahead of the TNG/Voyager Timeline, in a ship NOT named Enterprise.

Alternatively, would love a series (similar to renterprise) based completely on the Era of the Federation/Klingon War. Mixing the ongoing effort to be the explory-peace-and-love-Federation whilst at hardcore War with the Klingons.

Really, I just hope "Enterprise" wasn't the last of the TV shows. I miss my Star Trek TV fix.

P.S.

Best spaceship ever:

Last edited by Alistair; February 13 2014 at 07:39:28 PM.

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany