hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184
Results 3,661 to 3,674 of 3674

Thread: Star trek!

Such continuity, love it /s
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

and the entire ship looks different OMG

Started on DS9 since I haven't seen it before and it was highly recommended.
    Close to finishing season 3. Bit simple story telling, but TV has evolved since then.
    Season 3 starts with, no one knows who the founders are. So they take the Defiant in to find info about the Founders. Later in the episode, we are the Founders...

Quark is my favourite, Sisko is quite bland.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Started on DS9 since I haven't seen it before and it was highly recommended.
    Close to finishing season 3. Bit simple story telling, but TV has evolved since then.
    Season 3 starts with, no one knows who the founders are. So they take the Defiant in to find info about the Founders. Later in the episode, we are the Founders...

Quark is my favourite, Sisko is quite bland.
    Sisko doesn't really get good until season 4, which is when they finally let Avery Brooks portray the character the way he wanted to. Quark is p. great though, as are all the Ferengi really.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Just about to start on season 4.
    On the Defiant mission to Tzenkethi, I realized how bad Star Trek is at projecting size.
    The shots of the ship makes it look tiny. But when they started crawling in the jefferys tubes, you realize how big it is.
    Same with the Enterprise, you never see the real size of it or any other ships from the outside.
    Huge missed opportunity, Star Wars managed to show this right away in their movies. Scale matters.

(Also mommy ferengi is a 10/10)

On the Defiant mission to Tzenkethi, I realized how bad Star Trek is at projecting size.
    The shots of the ship makes it look tiny. But when they started crawling in the jefferys tubes, you realize how big it is.
    Same with the Enterprise, you never see the real size of it or any other ships from the outside.
    Huge missed opportunity, Star Wars managed to show this right away in their movies. Scale matters.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Trek (at least Next Gen-era) is also garbage at portraying space combat, really. Every scene shows ships that are like, maaaaybe 100km from each other, more frequently they're almost literally on top of each other, yet in the dialogue they say shit like "they'll be in weapons range in another 4 million kilometers" or something equally ludicrous.

They'll release full technical manuals with detailed corridor layouts for every ship in the fleet, but for the sake of television drama their portrayal is heavily dramatized.

BREAKING: Beloved Nichelle Nichols, best known for her role as Uhura on Star Trek, has passed away at age 89.
    RIP.

PSA (for those who care)

ST:Picard 3rd and final season starts Febuary 17th (at least in Europe, might be the 16th in the US)

As discussed earlier here, at least by going with the cast, its's an absolute fan service season, basically the whole ST:TNG crew is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    PSA (for those who care)

ST:Picard 3rd and final season starts Febuary 17th (at least in Europe, might be the 16th in the US)

As discussed earlier here, at least by going with the cast, its's an absolute fan service season, basically the whole ST:TNG crew is in it.
    I said it before, they missed a gold opty to create a Scooby-Doo in space like lighthearted adventure ST-series with the old gang.
    But hey, I seem to recall I liked the Riker episode (because it was good) so maybe we get lucky.

Other than that, I know what I'm getting into. Its quite bad but I enjoyed last season and its still a lot better than STD. Imho ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    PSA (for those who care)

I said it before, they missed a gold opty to create a Scooby-Doo in space like lighthearted adventure ST-series with the old gang.
    But hey, I seem to recall I liked the Riker episode (because it was good) so maybe we get lucky.

Other than that, I know what I'm getting into. Its quite bad but I enjoyed last season and its still a lot better than STD. Imho ofc.
    Picard and Disco are both dumpster fires, the only difference is what's burning in each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    PSA (for those who care)

Picard and Disco are both dumpster fires, the only difference is what's burning in each one.
    Had not seen the trailer. Visually it looks great. But it seems I can forget about the scooby-doo part.
    But fuck it, it is what it is. Now the question is if it shows up on Prime in Sweden or not. Its not like I'm gonna sign up for Paramount for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Its not like I'm gonna sign up for Paramount for it.

But fuck it, it is what it is. Now the question is if it shows up on Prime in Sweden or not. Its not like I'm gonna sign up for Paramount for it.
    It does in Germany, so there's hope.