hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3540

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    cringe

Q what the fuck, that's not even clever any more.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    You'll be pleased to hear season three has also been greenlit?
    Alcohol is the correct response. Fixing a Cuba Libre now to get my mind off things.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Join the crew of the Cerritos on this week's episode of Lower Decks at the bar.

No seriously, the cap of the episode is they go to a bar. It's so much better than that other tripe.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

This looks like shit. I have a hard time expressing how much I dislike plot lines that involves time travel.
    So few manage to pull it off, and in every other case it is just to mask up a terrible script.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Nobody should have been allowed to use time travel in their plot since Primer (with the exception of hot tub time machine).
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    This looks like shit. I have a hard time expressing how much I dislike plot lines that involves time travel.
    So few manage to pull it off, and in every other case it is just to mask up a terrible script.
    Looper was good/smart.

Otherwise Time Travel is a fucking mess and excuse for lazy writing.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Looper was good/smart.

I found the Spanish low-budget Timecrimes movie to be an interesting time travel movie.

+1

It just shows that they have no idea what to do with the universe. They use time travel as a crutch and it's been used more frequently with each property.

TOS, TNG and DS9 only ever dabbled with it.

Voyager used it to wrap up the series.

Enterprise could barely stick to the original idea for more than a couple of series before shoe horning in 'time wars'.

Voyage Home, First Contact and JJverse, time travel.

Discovery paint themselves into a corner with canon breaking idiocy, so resort to time travel.

Picard is doing exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Looper was good/smart.

I found the Spanish low-budget Timecrimes movie to be an interesting time travel movie.
    Also Tenet was good. But Looper did it correctly.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Looper was good/smart.

I rather liked Travelers which was a fresh take on "The Rules" of time travel but other than that I generally frown upon timetravel plots. Lazy writing seconded.

Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    It just shows that they have no idea what to do with the universe. They use time travel as a crutch and it's been used more frequently with each property.

TOS, TNG and DS9 only ever dabbled with it.
    Err...
    Voyager used it to wrap up the series.
    All Good Things...
    Enterprise could barely stick to the original idea for more than a couple of series before shoe horning in 'time wars'.
    The "Temporal Cold War" was literally there from the start. It was a dumb idea, or at least so poorly executed they shouldn't have bothered. Thankfully Enterprise got a lot better when they finally pivoted away from it (partially in season 3, completely in season 4).
    Voyage Home, First Contact and JJverse, time travel.
    Voyage Home was just fun, First Contact was the only good TNG movie and I would argue the time travel aspect of the JJverse was the least of its sins. TBH, I didn't mind the JJverse premise, I just think Into Darkness completely killed any momentum that series of films had by being a bad retread of Wrath of Khan.
    Discovery paint themselves into a corner with canon breaking idiocy, so resort to time travel.
    I personally think "permanent punt into the future" was a reasonable solution to the agreed idiocy, but their execution of season 3 was...mixed.
    Picard is doing exactly the same thing.
    Like much of the other Star Trek time travel episodes, I'm not sure it's the time travel that's going to be the problem. Having said that, I didn't hate Picard season 1, but it did fall apart in the second half IMO. There's plenty worse TV out there and I like Star Trek, so I'll give it a go.

DS9 had a couple more time travel episodes than people generally remember, but they were all self contained stories.

Past Tense 1&2 - Was a good self contained story
    The Trouble with Tribbles - Brilliant nostalgic fun
    Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night - Was a good episode
    Children of Time - Underrated episode

IIRC most use "the Orbs" as the time travel mcguffin

Maybe some others, memory is a bit hazy now

My issue was the Mirror Universe stuff, I found it a bit boring
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Looper was good/smart.

Predestination was cleverly done and self-consistent.

Timecrimes and Primer are just about the only timeplot movies that have been Great. Best timeplot in a book form so far has been Permafrost by Alistair Reynolds, a short(ish) story, still has plot holes the size of the Red Spot on Jupiter but...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Hold on a minute ... impressions of himself?

Does Shatner mistake himself as James T. Kirk?!?

Well, they certainly aren't impersonating Chris Pine.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang