Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    BSG is imo the best sci fi

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    god it was good
    that bit when galactica is dropping into the atmosphere hnnnnnnnnnnng
    Talk about hotdropping a super on someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Counterpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really liked BSG as well.

Until, come on be honest guys, after the caprica escape it did go full on retard sometimes... religious/enemies/friends/enemies blah

Up till then it was incredible
    It went full-on retard a lot of the time after that point. It's clear that the writers had the show worked out for the first season or so, and after that they were just winging it. At which point it became an incoherent nihilistic mess.

It's one of the best series pilots ever shot. But damn if it's not one of the worst series. (And the worst part is it's still all anyone ever wants to imitate!)

Where's the love for Farscape?
    Farscape was very weird. I liked that they didn't hesitate to do such alien life with the puppets. But some of the episodes were written as if the writers were on all of the drugs. I suspect the show would have benefited from a good showrunner to help rein in the scripts a bit and keep the show focused.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; December 16 2018 at 08:23:37 AM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

Until, come on be honest guys, after the caprica escape it did go full on retard sometimes... religious/enemies/friends/enemies blah

It went full-on retard a lot of the time after that point. It's clear that the writers had the show worked out for the first season or so, and after that they were just winging it. At which point it became an incoherent nihilistic mess.

It's one of the best series pilots ever shot. But damn if it's not one of the worst series. (And the worst part is it's still all anyone ever wants to imitate!)

Farscape was very weird. I liked that they didn't hesitate to do such alien life with the puppets. But some of the episodes were written as if the writers were on all of the drugs. I suspect the show would have benefited from a good showrunner to help rein in the scripts a bit and keep the show focused.
    Which is why B5 is still the best show. Expanse is breathing down it's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

I agree with all of this and just add that farscape had a different feel to it with its goofiness.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    While BSG was pretty good I'm sure most of you have suppressed the memories of about half the episodes they made, i.e. the filler episodes. There was some truly cringeworthy shit in there that they somehow felt they needed to pad out the seasons. And they were very guilty of having a great season starter, then a lot of nothing while the story stalled, and then suddenly everything happened and was resolved at the end of the season. But the good episodes were pretty damn good.

Bsg is one of the worst series?

Ok pony lover, please, why don’t you now wax lyrical on the qualities of equestria? Clearly you understand what you’re talking about when it comes to production values.

Farscape was my favourite sc-fi series growing up, although I did rush home from school every day to watch reruns of the TNG after dinner (and the Simpsons)

Was never a massive fan of TOS, always much preferred Picard to Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    While BSG was pretty good I'm sure most of you have suppressed the memories of about half the episodes they made, i.e. the filler episodes. There was some truly cringeworthy shit in there that they somehow felt they needed to pad out the seasons.
    So just like literally every other long running TV show?

Ok pony lover, please, why donít you now wax lyrical on the qualities of equestria? Clearly you understand what youíre talking about when it comes to production values.
    Insert random pseudo Philosophical religious bullshit

A lot of bsg was exactly just that

MiM8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

Ok pony lover, please, why don’t you now wax lyrical on the qualities of equestria? Clearly you understand what you’re talking about when it comes to production values.
    Insert random pseudo Philosophical religious bullshit

A lot of bsg was exactly just that

MiM8
    Faggot spotted.

It's almost like the first BSG wasn't full of weird pseudo religious/12 tribes of earth claptrap either.
    meh

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    While BSG was pretty good I'm sure most of you have suppressed the memories of about half the episodes they made, i.e. the filler episodes. There was some truly cringeworthy shit in there that they somehow felt they needed to pad out the seasons.
    So just like literally every other long running TV show?
    Fuck no. If all the shows you watch suffer from this you've got to start watching something else.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

This tbh
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I stand by what I said. Of all the "popular" sci-fi TV shows, I would go so far as to rather watch Andromeda again rather than BSG. The last two seasons of BSG are so awful that I'm still pissed off about them. Week after depressing week, and there's never any satisfying payoff. It was a good concept and a bad series.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I stand by what I said. Of all the "popular" sci-fi TV shows, I would go so far as to rather watch Andromeda again rather than BSG.
    now that … is harsh ;P

then again, I do have to admit I watched Andromeda … but but … it did have Lexa!
    how I managed to finish s5 boggles the mind though ^^

BSG was decent. But I never understood the total hype .. because as somebody said above, it really had bucket loads of cringeworthy shit too imo. It did have Tricia though !