hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980
Results 1,581 to 1,599 of 1599

Thread: Star trek!

Assuming parallel universe travel, maybe timelines too? It's definitely going well outside canon but it's a great show. The new shields and such are great and they're not letting themselves be restricted too much with how the tech was displayed in the new gen movies. Is there any official stance on what timeline they are in? I love the Spock interplay that came up, some throwbacks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    He probably didn't buy the "we wanna give you a medal" story and decided to head for one of the alternate dimensions he discussed with Stamets. Jumping to another dimension is probably what finally pushed Stammy over the limit.

Spoiler:

I think they honestly want to give him a medal - I sorta read your comment that Starfleet Command wants to trick him into coming home and trial him. I don't think that's the case. I think that he's afraid to lose the Discovery/his Captain's position by getting the medal and eventually being promoted away. The fear of losing his ship/command has been motive throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    He probably didn't buy the "we wanna give you a medal" story and decided to head for one of the alternate dimensions he discussed with Stamets. Jumping to another dimension is probably what finally pushed Stammy over the limit.

Spoiler:

I think they honestly want to give him a medal - I sorta read your comment that Starfleet Command wants to trick him into coming home and trial him. I don't think that's the case. I think that he's afraid to lose the Discovery/his Captain's position by getting the medal and eventually being promoted away. The fear of losing his ship/command has been motive throughout the season.
    Yeah but that was before all realities, all dimensions were open to him

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    #clemtoo

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

It feels like the show has established its stride. Glad we donít have to wait too long for the rest of the season.

Canceled CBS All Access the moment the episode ended because fuck that shit.

Spoiler:

I think this is a good assumption.
    The only one that was against him, was Admiral Cornwell.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Spoiler:

I think this is a good assumption.
    The only one that was against him, was Admiral Cornwell.
    Probably a little from column A and a little from column B.
    Promotions seemed obvious given the outcome, but by the same token a promotion would be an excellent way of getting your main/only weapon out of the hands of someone who has a flexible approach to following orders.
    Make him a Commodore/Rear Admiral, give him some (normal) ships and let him do his thing for the rest of the war. Or park him behind a desk.
    Either way it looks good publicly, no face is lost and solves any qualms the Admiralty might have. (Cornwall aside.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    The foreshadowing of the "one more jump" really annoyed me.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Bit obvious but... minor issue really

That was great.

Sooooo, where did they jump to at the end?
    Will you take bets for a derelict ship graveyard perilously close to the Klingon homeworld?

Can't think of many more possibilities.

Site of a very old battle between the houses?
    If foreshadowing annoys you, you need to stop watching TV/reading books etc. That's a very valid technique to use.

As for where they might have jumped as well, see below:

Just so we're all on the same page, we all noticed that Lorca entered an override before the last jump right? Jump 133: Unknown

Sort of missed it.

What if they jumped into the prime time line/universe?

When do we get the remaining season? January?

Tapapapatalk
    Where did I say foreshadowing annoyed me and why does it justify you asking me to stop watching TV and reading books?

You're impossible.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

That was great.

Will you take bets for a derelict ship graveyard perilously close to the Klingon homeworld?

If foreshadowing annoys you, you need to stop watching TV/reading books etc. That's a very valid technique to use.

Just so we're all on the same page, we all noticed that Lorca entered an override before the last jump right? Jump 133: Unknown

Sort of missed it.

Tapapapatalk
    Where did I say foreshadowing annoyed me and why does it justify you asking me to stop watching TV and reading books?

You're impossible.
    Maybe I was more answering Phrixus than you but quoting stuff on the phone isn't super simple to do?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

That was great.

Sort of missed it.

Tapapapatalk

You're impossible.
    Maybe I was more answering Phrixus than you but quoting stuff on the phone isn't super simple to do?

Tapapapatalk
    Yes it is. Stop being a bad.

Guis lets not forget the central thing of this show, diversity!
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    so that episode was awesome

Was it as bad at the end as it was in the beginning? No. Is it still terrible? Absolutely. Its garbage and if it was anything else it would have tanked so fucking hard.

Will I wait for S2 with anticipation? Yes. Yes I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I enjoyed it all.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    I enjoyed it all.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    I enjoyed it all.

I enjoyed it.

People have some real rose tinted goggles on when talking about how good Trek can be - for every Best of Both Worlds, there was at least two Night Terrors. Even DS9, objectively the best series, probably only managed a good:meh ratio of around 50, 55%.

It had some highlights, the characters are mostly well written (apart from Stamets), the design is really good. The major issue I had with it is they obviously had to create a new MacGuffin that could do whatever the plot needed it to do from episode to episode and that's obviously the spore drive (hence why I dislike Stamets - he's just the physical embodiment of the MacGuffin) but now they've written themselves into a corner because it's such a universe-altering tech that they're going to have to write themselves out of it in a very particular way or it'll wreck canon, and people do care about that shit.

In general though the first 9 were strong - probably my least favourite was the time travel episode just because that's been done to death. I do get people's complaints about constant redesigns of the Klingons too, but they've kept the ethos pretty solid so no major complaints there.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I do get people's complaints about constant redesigns of the Klingons too, but they've kept the ethos pretty solid so no major complaints there.
    Personally I'm happy with them redesigning the klingons. In the old Trek they've been reduced to cuddly fluffy bears that are always reminiscing of the warrior days. In DS9 during the Klingon conflict it was kind of hard to buy the story of how violent ond vicious the Klingons were.

I'm just not happy with the result of their design as well as the language. They're not exactly warrior poets but they do come off as intimidating so good enough I guess.

I enjoyed it all.