hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183 LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3658

Thread: Star trek!

TNG is still good for rewatches. Best of Both Worlds becomes boring while some filler eps become better. The Klingon-centric episodes are usually my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Said it before, and it deserves to be said again. Picard (s2) is worse than Discovery.
    7 episodes in, and the cringe level just keeps rising. Everything is just bad, I can't even watch an entire episode in a single sitting.
    Did we watch the same Discovery and Picard? I'm the complete opposite.
    I mean, sure Picard has its moments of "oh god what is this" but D's peak cringe and badness was god awful on a whole other level.
    Picard episode 9 has brought it down to Discovery levels. I wanted to believe in Picard - I've watched 9 episodes, mainly because I like Jurati / Alison Pill. But episode 9 was so bad. Pointless plot, fake action scenes, undercut by cheesy "emotion".

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Said it before, and it deserves to be said again. Picard (s2) is worse than Discovery.
    7 episodes in, and the cringe level just keeps rising. Everything is just bad, I can't even watch an entire episode in a single sitting.
    Did we watch the same Discovery and Picard? I'm the complete opposite.
    I mean, sure Picard has its moments of "oh god what is this" but D's peak cringe and badness was god awful on a whole other level.
    Picard episode 9 has brought it down to Discovery levels. I wanted to believe in Picard - I've watched 9 episodes, mainly because I like Jurati / Alison Pill. But episode 9 was so bad. Pointless plot, fake action scenes, undercut by cheesy "emotion".
    Picard is simply the worst, Ep 8 wasn't terrible, it gave me hopes for the ending of the season.
    Oh my! Was ep 9 making up for the bad stuffs missed in 8. Last episode is out now, and I'm dreading to watch it.
    Right now, I just watch Picard to see how bad it can get!
    Whoever is writing this shows script, should go back to writing captions for the images in the Ikea catalogue. This is clearly above their abilities.

But there is hope!
    Strange New Worlds first episode is out.
    Trailers makes it seems it has returned to the traditional routs of old trek.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Normally I like character development, but knowing that Picard S3 will be the last season, it seems a bit late to unfold Picard's childhood supressed memories. Other than knowing how to navigate the cellar's labyrinth, what purpose does/did it serve that?

Picard S2 was absolute crap. Had some fun with the first two episodes, but it continuously went downhill from there. As somebody who usually is susceptible to nostalgic callbacks, the final episode actually managed to surprise me - by making me angry about said callbacks. The only redeeming qualities were cinematography and score, at least it looked and sounded good while sucking.

Guess the joke's on me for actually watching the whole seaons until the end.

So uh, off to watch the first episode of Strange New Worlds then I guess...
    Last edited by Takeshi Nuwen; May 5 2022 at 08:15:23 PM.

Just saw first episode of Strange New Worlds, this is Star Trek!
    Loved it.

The most shocking thing about Strange New Worlds is that it is largely made by the same people who diarrhea-leaked Disco and Picard onto us. Like, where the fuck was this the whole time?

The pilot wasn't perfect, they leaned like one time too often on Pike's dilemma, and the resolution to the alien plot was sort of rushed.

BUT. But. We saw actual characters with backstories and internal motivations, taking actions based on those internal lives, that impacted the story in a coherent way. We saw a story with internally consistent logic that was set up, played out, and concluded. It was cheesy and on the nose in the way that 60's Trek frequently was. I don't love the opening theme, but maybe it'll grow on me the way Lower Decks' did.

Overall this first episode isn't quite an A, but getting a B+ after what feels like a relentless parade of seasons of misery is very welcome indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Liked the first episode of Strange New Worlds very much. Actually felt like Star Trek. Let's hope it stays that way.

Oh, and while I also didn't hate the opening themes for Discovery and Picard, the "nod" to the classic themes at the end of each just didn't feel right. No such complaints here, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Takeshi Nuwen; May 6 2022 at 05:42:00 AM.

Still need to finish up Picard. But also, where could I find Strange New Worlds if I dont want to sign up for yet another streaming service...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

In the U.S., Canada and Australia it's on Paramount+. Everywhere else it's not legally available yet, if to trust a quick Goolge search.

Still need to finish up Picard. But also, where could I find Strange New Worlds if I dont want to sign up for yet another streaming service...

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi Nuwen View Post
    Liked the first episode of Strange New Worlds very much. Actually felt like Star Trek. Let's hope it stays that way.

Oh, and while I also didn't hate the opening themes for Discovery and Picard, the "nod" to the classic themes at the end of each just didn't feel right. No such complaints here, for obvious reasons.
    A decent start, only rolled my eyes a few times and nothing made me outright gag. Let's see if they manage to screw it up like they have every other Star Trek TV series since Enterprise. My money is on no longer being a viewer by Episode 5.

So, Picard has ended. Not sure what to make out of it...

Spoiler:

So this energy thingy threatening the solar system appears to be total random pick that could have been basically anything serving as a plot starter. And I struggle to understand why they ended up in that alternate timeline. It's supposed to be Q's apperance ... but then he's just there be say goodbye to his "friend" Picard?

And with the Borg of all species joining the Federation and Q gone, they basically wiped out any arch nemesis of Picard. What's left for S3 I wonder? Should we take Soong's glance at his "Khan" record as hint what to expect next? Which would involve some kind of time travel/alternate timeline again ...

I liked that they gave Wil Wheaton a small appearance, it alway felt the franchise had to make amends to him. But the scene itself was totally irrelevant to the story or even that single episode, unlike Whoopie's (re)apperance in the closing scene. And the quite likable Rios' character is out for S3 ...

And oh boy does Patrick Stewart look old. Even really (real life) fragile at times. I know he is old, but either my memory fails me or he didn't look that old in S1.

Still enjoying Strange New Worlds after the second episode, but:
      Spoiler:

- Federation sensors seem to be really crappy, with them not detecting the structure on the comet right away, or being surprised by that big ass ship suddenly appearing right next to them
    - didn't care for the Prometheus approach of "let's touch the strange thing we don't know anything about"
    - also not sure about that whole theme of predetermination

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    TNG is still good for rewatches. Best of Both Worlds becomes boring while some filler eps become better. The Klingon-centric episodes are usually my favorites.
    DS9 or go home.

I liked ep1 of Strange New Worlds. It has potential. But not much more than that tbh. Not seen ep2 yet tho.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I liked ep1 of Strange New Worlds. It has potential. But not much more than that tbh. Not seen ep2 yet tho.
    There are still moments where I'm like "oh yes, someone stupid wrote that line / plot point" but it is still a vast improvement over the other two live action series, no doubt. I like this take on Uhura way more than the movie version as well, amazing what you can do with a little backstory and some personal character growth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    There are still moments where I'm like "oh yes, someone stupid wrote that line / plot point" but it is still a vast improvement over the other two live action series, no doubt. I like this take on Uhura way more than the movie version as well, amazing what you can do with a little backstory and some personal character growth!
    Loving this show, just a wholesome feelgood show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Loving this show, just a wholesome feelgood show.
    There is still something that rubs me the wrong way about it... I think one is how its filmed, the excessive zooming in on peoples faces (which rarely convey anything worthy of a zoom-in), the angles perhaps? And, just as STD, its too fuckin shiny!
    But as a scifi series I enjoy it, actors are pretty good, adventures are nice, its well made, environments are cool etc. And they dont do overly stupid things that no sane person would do too much (but why anyone wouldnt close a fuckin door when a storm is approaching is really dumb).

Humble Bundle currently offers a ST books bundle.