hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3744454647

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I think however you might feel about Generation, First Contact, JJ Trek and the original films, we can all agree that Nemesis is by far the worst Star Trek film ever made.
    Nemesis is abysmal but

This is really fuckin dumb.
    Sure it's dumb, but at least it's kinda fun. There is ZERO fun in Nemesis, and close to none in the other TNG flicks as well.

In re: DS9, I think it had the most enjoyable and well-written cast of characters out of any of the series, esp. the aliens. The show had it's share of dumb stories and bad acting, but you could take any two characters, put them in almost any situation, and write a whole story just about how they'd interact with each other and it would be great. So it sits at the top of the list for Trek series in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

Yeah, I can see that. Thing is, I find everything else about TNG superior.

The characters were weaker and it was still mostly self contained episodes, but the show is just better overall. It set the tone of what Trek should be and a lot of the writing in the episodes is second to none. DS9 lacks the equivalent of masterpieces like the Borg (before they were ruined), the Klingons (edit: actually the cardassians are just as cool, I guess), "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS" aka Chain of Command and the other assorted TNG memes. Plenty of DS9 is bland and unremarkable by comparison. The Enterprise D is the best set in any trek, inside and out, including movies. It wins top marks for style from me.
    Last edited by Frug; January 21 2017 at 08:16:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

moral education in TNG, although sometimes ofc ham-fisted, was second to none

Actually dealt with a shitload of hard topics like authority, responsibility, (mis)use of power, fascism, fascist euthanasia and whatnot in a really smart and adult way

so many excellent final speeches in front of tribunals in that series
    Last edited by FatFreddy; January 21 2017 at 08:14:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

DS9 had a good arc but it didn't really deal with anything particularly well.

TNG was much more consistent at really making you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    DS9 had a good arc but it didn't really deal with anything particularly well.
    Also didn't have the cash to pull off its story arcs particularly well. Supposedly epic battles with thousands of ships reduced to the same four stock shots of the defiant swooping around like an F-16. Ground combat happening in the same shitty cloth uniforms with the same shitty props they'd been using since TNG.
    Last edited by elmicker; January 22 2017 at 01:31:41 PM.