hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Star trek!

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

Star trek!

Post star trek nerd nonsense here, so i can fucking avoid it!

Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cullnean again.
    Can't compensate for the giggles
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

No

I think it'd be better to PM you so you can keep it in private...

@Ralara:

In furtherance of something we discussed on IRC a while back, I was watching Enterprise S4 'Bound' recently and Enterprise visited Berengaria. Admittedly they were lured there and fired upon by an Orion science ship (or T'Pol said it looked like a science ship). The planet did not seem to have any particular significance to Archer and I don't think it was even inhabited.

Not sure it would have been included in the list of the 5 founding worlds of the federation (early name coalition of planets). I 'think' the list is Earth, Vulcan, Andoria, Tellar and Alpha Centari.

I previously called Andoria Andor but Enterprise corrected me, it's Andoria.

So although Kai Winn mentions Berengaria, I am sure it could have been an important world a couple of hundred years later but in Enterprise you get the impression it is a backwater planet between the volatile Orion Syndicate and Klingon Empire.

I include Alpha Centauri because I read it in the admittedly non canon book Loosing the Peace. Apparently was mentioned first in Articles of the Federation according to Mem Alpha.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

THE PUNISHED
    Earth is a back water planet in Enterprise ;-)

True, as Mollari said

"Their homeworld is a place called Earth, located in a fairly uninteresting part of the galaxy. We'd never bothered much with that area before. It had little military or strategic value."
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    as Mollari said
    In the Beginning... awesome in the extreme.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator
    Cullnerd is really gaining on xenosis for the worst poster of 2014 award

True, as Mollari said

"Their homeworld is a place called Earth, located in a fairly uninteresting part of the galaxy. We'd never bothered much with that area before. It had little military or strategic value."
    That book was so true in that regard...if an alien species were to contact us we would look like idiots. "So what are the names of your celestial bodies?"

Us: "Well we call our moon...the moon....our sun is the sun, and we named our planet after dirt"

Quote Originally Posted by Melichor View Post
    True, as Mollari said

That book was so true in that regard...if an alien species were to contact us we would look like idiots. "So what are the names of your celestial bodies?"

Us: "Well we call our moon...the moon....our sun is the sun, and we named our planet after dirt"
    And we named all of our known star groups based on the fancy shapes they make when stared at too long from earth, regardless of their actual proximity, similarity, or locations

Quote Originally Posted by Melichor View Post
    True, as Mollari said

No way man, we named our planet off the earthworm.

This is why you shouldn't kiss earthworms.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Movember 2012
    I'm willing to bet from a linguistic point of view, if we ever make contact with other species they will have named their homeplanet some variation of "Earth" or "Dirt" in their language... unless they have held onto their ancient religions.

True, as Mollari said

Welp guess what I have to watch again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hast View Post
    Cullnerd is really gaining on xenosis for the worst poster of 2014 award
    He'll have to try harder tbh qui. Whatever has cull beat by a mile.

"Lieutenant, a few years ago, I watched a freshman cadet pass four upperclassmen on the last hill of the 40km-run on Danula II - the damnedest thing I ever saw. The only freshman to ever win the Academy marathon. I made it my business to get to know that young fellow, and I got to know him very, very well. And I'll tell you something: I never met anyone with more drive, determination or more courage than Jean-Luc Picard; and there is no way in hell that he would assist the Borg. I want that clear"

Need to watch Best of Both worlds again..

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

It finally happened, Star Trek got its own thread.

Finished DS9 again the other week, started watching Stargate because one of my mates said its good.

Picard is still best captain, Galaxy class is still best Enterprise and TNG is still best series.

Also Cullean and CE at Failheap.

Failheap when the walls fell.

EvE: Danny John-Peter
    Everything Else: Sharptoast

There are some good Voyager-episodes too ... mainly those without focus on Janeway, Harry, Neelix or anyone else from the bridge-crew. In short: Doctor-Episodes.

Personally Voyager is my most disliked series. There are some good one off episodes don't get me wrong. But I dislike the big 'reset' button each episode.

My greatest feeling of this was during Killing Game part 1 & 2: The ship is invaded and turned into a giant Hirogen training camp, some crew die, you get the impression of utter carnage, at the end there are holographic allied and nazi troops running around the ship....

Next episode, Bam!, back to normal and never mentioned again.

Of course all the series have this..but in voyager it stuck out most prominently for me. Also some other character development issues bug me (or most of the main characters total lack of, Kes, Doctor, 7o9 being the exceptions).

Smuggo - Brexit Thread