hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3058

Thread: Star trek!

  1. #2941
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Now since they got the old gang back and they seem to enjoy it why don’t make something out of that?
    Fuck this action, big space plot stuff, trying to recreate what cant be recreated and hide it behind Abrams flares type show(s).

    I would love to see some laid back space shenanigans. Like the old crew realizing they are, in fact, too fuckin old for this shit.
    But not too old to not be able to help out and have a good adventure, just low key ones.
    Helping some locals at backward ass planet get their irrigation going and simultaneously finding out why the space cows sometime go missing (spoiler: they have a secret council, in a good way).
    Outreach programs of the dangers of manipulating space time (and their classroom experiment goes haywire (in a manageable way), doing motivational speeches for Starfleet that ends up making head honchos cat wanting to go to space etc.
    And of course, sitting around reminiscing on old adventures and friendships while sipping Picard Noir.

    So yes, its basically Firefly/Oceans 11 + Scooby-Doo but with old people and action/adventures suited to their age. And I would watch the shit out of that tbh.
    So A Space Version of Lethal Weapon 4?

    Hmmm, I'd buy that with the Firefly cast in a heartbeat.

    Star Trek, not so sure. They did that already with the old cast, repeatedly, in ST4, ST5 and whathaveyou. it was geriatric jokes galore. Very hit or miss.

    Of course, Picard has been pretty hit or miss and just doesn't "feel right" to me mostly, although I AM enjoying it, nostalgia-value if nothing else. The "EPIC STORY" so far is pretty lame tbqh.

  2. #2942

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,256
    Really liked episode 8

  3. #2943

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,117
    This one gets weirder as it goes.

      Spoiler:

    Called it: Borgs as literal Deus ex Machina to (help) rescue the androids.

    Also: androids self-teching and engaging in Vulcan mind-trickery? Yeeaah ...

  4. #2944

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,121
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access

  5. #2945
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access
    might be helpful if you included a link

  6. #2946

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,121
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access
    might be helpful if you included a link
    I must do all the work for you?

    https://twitter.com/SirPatStew?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  7. #2947
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access
    might be helpful if you included a link
    I must do all the work for you?

    https://twitter.com/SirPatStew?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    yes dickhead, if you want to tell people to look at something you should probably include a link

  8. #2948

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,121
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access
    might be helpful if you included a link
    I must do all the work for you?

    https://twitter.com/SirPatStew?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    yes dickhead, if you want to tell people to look at something you should probably include a link
    why you are here? you don't bring something useful, all you do is bitching about missing links instead using search

  9. #2949

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,405
    I liked it so far, the Riker making pizza episode was my favourite.

    But the heel turn "kill all humans" is jarring and feels like drama for drama's sake. In b4 the "admonishon" mind-hacked golden-Soji.

      Spoiler:
    Also, extreme lol at "lets contact the Reapers" anyways. The Mass Effect vibes are so incredibly strong (ancient message in a bottle, indoctrinated humans, robot overlords from outer space) it might as well be a direct adaptation. Who is Garrus? 7of9?

  10. #2950
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    View this post on Instagram

    Our #StarTrekPicard season finale is Thursday, and starting today until 4/23, you can watch for free on @CBSAllAccess in the US with the code: GIFT. Link in bio to sign up. I can’t wait to reunite with our cast and crew for Season 2.

    Patrick Stewart Offers Fans Free Month of CBS All Access
    might be helpful if you included a link
    I must do all the work for you?

    https://twitter.com/SirPatStew?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    yes dickhead, if you want to tell people to look at something you should probably include a link
    why you are here? you don't bring something useful, all you do is bitching about missing links instead using search
    hahahahahahahahaaaa

  11. #2951
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,599
    Well, the last few episodes of Picard were a dumpster fire.

    How does Alex Kurtzman still have employment?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phrixus Zephyr; March 25 2020 at 09:48:32 PM.

  12. #2952
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,987
    This
    I couldn't even be arsed to watch the screen anymore

  13. #2953
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Well, the last few episodes of Picard were a dumper fire.

    How does Alex Kurtzman still have employment?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Because people like Cullnerd who think making money is the only purpose of entertainment keep making money from his work.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

  14. #2954
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,260
    It true


    Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  15. #2955

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,256
    I liked ep 8, but ep 9 is indeed quite meh, had some good picard moments but the whole turn to genocide was way too forced

  16. #2956
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,773
    ep 9 really did cement the "we really wanted to make Mass Effect the TV series but were told no" feeling.

    A hero of old, viewed with suspicion, puts together a team of uneasy allies to fight a genocidal threat that nobody understands....

    If Picard doesn't go talk to the starchild in episode 10 I will be very disappointed. Do we get a choose your own ending stream where we can choose what filter is overlaid over the ending credits?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  17. #2957

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,473
    ep 9 writing and directing took a sharp nose dive. I have never played Mass effect so i am not burdened but the whole we have '200 synths on this 1 planet in the alpha quadrant lets murder all gigamegabazzilions organics instead of you know ask the deus ex machina space portal synths to just come take us away because we are the only ones' was indeed forced.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  18. #2958

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,405
    Not a single pizza delivery joke. What a waste of airtime.

    Also, romulan pretty boy vanished into thin air, and lesbian pandering out of nowhere. Did those two even speak any lines to each other up to the end?


    Disappointment abounds.

  19. #2959

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,256
    Yeah, the ending double-episode was quite awful, some decent Picard lines and scenes but they alone can't save it :/

  20. #2960
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,177
    I really wanted it to be better than it turned out to be. Some things worked. But a whole lot of other things did not.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •