Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2028

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i fucking love that shot CE.
    yeah man, one of the holy shit that's gorgeous moments in trek. The swelling music was on point as well. I'd have to have a ponder on other shots that took my breath away. You already linked the Sacrifice of Angels shot above.
    one of my favs is the DS9 bit where the defiant is about to be destroyed and the titanic sized Galaxy class just bursts up between them and then jemhadar.
    Yeah man deffo, was that earlier in the same fight or just the beginning of it when the Galaxy wings get into action? P sure its the Klingons arrival that saved the Defiant that fight.

The Sitak and the Majestic getting blown away is another oh shit moment.
    If I am thinking of the right episode, It was just the defiant and the Galaxy class, The galaxy was disabled early on in the fight, but came outta no where at the last moment to take the volley for the defiant so they could escape back to the alpha quadrant with some sort of important data.
    Oh that's end of season 2 when you first go... oh shit these dominion dudes are bad. Its what spurs Starfleet to give Sisko the Defiant.

S4E26: The Jem'Hadar

https://youtu.be/acBKbRpzxNE?t=51s
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    i fucking love that shot CE.
    yeah man, one of the holy shit that's gorgeous moments in trek. The swelling music was on point as well. I'd have to have a ponder on other shots that took my breath away. You already linked the Sacrifice of Angels shot above.
    one of my favs is the DS9 bit where the defiant is about to be destroyed and the titanic sized Galaxy class just bursts up between them and then jemhadar.
    Yeah man deffo, was that earlier in the same fight or just the beginning of it when the Galaxy wings get into action? P sure its the Klingons arrival that saved the Defiant that fight.

The Sitak and the Majestic getting blown away is another oh shit moment.
    If I am thinking of the right episode, It was just the defiant and the Galaxy class, The galaxy was disabled early on in the fight, but came outta no where at the last moment to take the volley for the defiant so they could escape back to the alpha quadrant with some sort of important data.
    nah thats the oddessy in like season 2/3

Episode was ZZzzzzzzzz

Impressive they managed to make Burnham even duller despite (or because of?) her being the moral anchor of the episode.

The "we are starfleet, this is who we are" schmaltz kind of ruined it. Any word on season 2 getting commissioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    The "we are starfleet, this is who we are" schmaltz kind of ruined it. Any word on season 2 getting commissioned?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...access-1051003

How has there been a discussion of Beauty Shots without this scene from Wrath? WTF is wrong with you people?

Watch it again and tell me you don't still get goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

Everything went better than expected
    my std sesason 1 review~
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    How has there been a discussion of Beauty Shots without this scene from Wrath? WTF is wrong with you people?

Watch it again and tell me you don't still get goosebumps.
    I thought that was understood?

Wrath of Kahn gave us the prettiest ship and best uniforms. And it gave us the Excelsior eventually.

(Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country is my favorite Star Trek movie.)

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Another money shot (and makes me sad as it's the end of the era)

Then the lovely credits with the signatures: https://youtu.be/SDco2MUrmE0?t=2m54s
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I have not watched a single episode yet. Mostly heard negative things.

Worth watching for a small star trek fan?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post

Yes, provided you can watch more than the first couple for things to get going properly.

Overall the season was p gud tbh, not unhappy I've watched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Worth watching unless you are a timeline nazi, some nice episodes in the second half of the season in particular.

As I have super low standards when it comes to movies and series I will take a look.

Else it's back to "The A-Team season 3"
    Thanks guys.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Worth watching unless you are a timeline nazi, some nice episodes in the second half of the season in particular.
    Not a timeline nazi and just a casual trekki but damnnnnnn i had to crunch some teeth. Klingon changes grrrrr no need for that, last ep was totally dumb. So klingons are all about racial purity and keeping culture pure but wait look they have a whole marketplace filled with aliens and humans.....uhuh makes total sense kill them 3039383653 lightyears away but keep them close at home. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Why are the biggest haters the ones who donít even watch it

Sent from my iPhtapa
    I did watch the first two episodes. It was so unbearably bad I stopped. Why the fuck would I watch more?
    I take it then that you stopped watching TNG after "Encounter at Farpoint", which all of a sudden turned a SciFi series into some space-magic fantasy tale ...

The "we are starfleet, this is who we are" schmaltz kind of ruined it.
    How else viewers are supposed to know that they're watching StarTrek and not some shitty third-rate sci-fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    The "we are starfleet, this is who we are" schmaltz kind of ruined it.
    How else viewers are supposed to know that they're watching StarTrek and not some shitty third-rate sci-fi?
    You present a false dichotomy, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Why are the biggest haters the ones who donít even watch it

Sent from my iPhtapa
    I did watch the first two episodes. It was so unbearably bad I stopped. Why the fuck would I watch more?
    I take it then that you stopped watching TNG after "Encounter at Farpoint", which all of a sudden turned a SciFi series into some space-magic fantasy tale ...
    Yeah most of the first season of TNG was weak, but nowhere near as bad as that pilot. TNG was awkward, the acting was stiff, people didn't know their characters, etc. STD pilot was a whole different level of broken writing.

Visuals can only make me ignore so much.

Also we all know how badly that fleet fight went. It looked pretty but we eve players know better. They don't have FCs? Everyone's shooting everyone randomly! X to fleet up next time and call primaries, idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Why are the biggest haters the ones who don’t even watch it

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Yeah most of the first season of TNG was weak, but nowhere near as bad as that pilot. TNG was awkward, the acting was stiff, people didn't know their characters, etc. STD pilot was a whole different level of broken writing.

Visuals can only make me ignore so much.

Also we all know how badly that fleet fight went. It looked pretty but we eve players know better. They don't have FCs? Everyone's shooting everyone randomly! X to fleet up next time and call primaries, idiots.
    To be fair, all the ships are functionally identical in terms of range/tank/dps and warp in at random ranges vs. an equally unorganized enemy fleet. Yet another thing DS9 did well, actually showing that some people in Starfleet understand and employ tactics (I'm thinking of the ep. where Sisko was basically the FC vs. the Dominion which iirc they lost because the Breen brought in their bullshit ECM+Neut doctrine).

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.