hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 183 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Star trek!

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalNegro

It's basicaly a supporting character defined by being black and often having unusual wisdom and or powers which are used to help/mentor the white protagonist. Besides that there is usualy little depth to the magical negro since they are usualy solely defined by their relationship to the white protagonist. Guinan manages to escape that trope because we slowly learn, over the various TNG seasons, that she has her own history, experiences and most importantly, she makes mistakes, while he genuine magical negro is always a fountain of unchangable wisdom.
    And it's the best thing ever.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    His solution is e.coli?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    His solution is e.coli?
    yeah, but unfortunately the one good thing on voyager (the doctor) saved them all from dying of plague and in so doing he ironically perpetuated the epic failboat that was voyager.

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I like the doctor of voyager the most. Especially that episode where he kind of gets copied and his copy gets resurrected hundreds of years later. He then decides to finally find out what happened to voyager and leaves in a small ship to go after them.
    So, a person with above human capabilities who is basically invincible travels through space and is called just the doctor.... Huh.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    I like the doctor of voyager the most. Especially that episode where he kind of gets copied and his copy gets resurrected hundreds of years later. He then decides to finally find out what happened to voyager and leaves in a small ship to go after them.
    So, a person with above human capabilities who is basically invincible travels through space and is called just the doctor.... Huh.

Only good character in Voyager, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

R u forgetting Tits of Borg?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

R u forgetting Tits of Borg?
    2 (tits) of 9?

Harry Kim is where it is at, wonderful character development

(ntsrs)
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Wang hurr hurr hurr

Lazarus for Mod!!!1

Smuggo
    Ayyyyy

LMAO

The medical hologram that casually shat all over the work of Noonian Soong by spontaneously becoming more human than Data ever was without having a positronic brain?

Yeah fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

http://www.startrek.com/article/brya...trek-tv-series

Still sceptical about the series reboot but this is a good move

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Brian Fuller was involved with Trek ?

Themoreyouknow.jpg

Like p. much all his other shows so FUCK YEAH

Excited for new Star Trek....still bitter Enterprise was cut short...
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggin View Post
    Still maintain that seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise were better than Voyager and a lot of DS9

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Still maintain that seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise were better than Voyager and a lot of DS9
    Pity I couldn't get past the awful title sequence.

Agreed. Seasons 3 and 4 were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

Agreed. Seasons 3 and 4 were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great is a bit far but I reluctantly agree they were better than most of Voyager

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Pity I couldn't get past the awful title sequence.
    I thought it was p good...