hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2025

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I, too, base my entire opinion on things on cherry picked scenes on youtube.

You're missing out, it's good trek.
    You have nfi what makes a good trek episode. Had it not been sold as Star Trek and was standing on his own I would have no problems with it. But as Star Trek it's retarded garbage.

I much prefer the sublime genius that gave us, amongst many others, Tom Paris the slugman, Quark in drag and that time Kirk teamed up with Abraham Lincoln to take on Ghengis Khan and Kahless in fisticuffs.

What a rich tapestry of Shakespearean wonder they wove; unfortunately only the highest of IQs can truly appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    I much prefer the sublime genius that gave us, amongst many others, Tom Paris the slugman, Quark in drag and that time Kirk teamed up with Abraham Lincoln to take on Ghengis Khan and Kahless in fisticuffs.

What a rich tapestry of Shakespearean wonder they wove; unfortunately only the highest of IQs can truly appreciate them.
    Shuddup

Oh look, yet another pleb who uses the worst of trek back in the 90's/00 to excuse a whole season of less than mediocrity, during the most competitive TV environment since TV began

As it stands, I have close to zero time available to watch this even if it was as good as TNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post

Shuddup
    Sorry.
    My plebby nature gives me rarefied powers such as basic time management skills - affording me the opportunity to both shitpoast and watch telly - so I sometimes get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post

Shuddup
    Sorry.
    My plebby nature gives me rarefied powers such as basic time management skills - affording me the opportunity to both shitpoast and watch telly - so I sometimes get carried away.
    I'm not saying they were flawless or anything but 90s/00s trek was a nice comfy way to pass the time and still is.

Comparing trek eras using quality of writing and acting is fairly lol. Trek has always been a bit hammy, that's why people love it. Stop asking for Sopranos in space, it's not going to happen.

Keep going. This Trektism is entertaining.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Why are the biggest haters the ones who don’t even watch it

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Because they must prove their True Fan status to any who ask.

And all who fucking didn't.

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Because

nevar forget

Sent from my iPhtapa
    The first 5 episodes TBF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

Sent from my iPhtapa
    The first 5 episodes TBF.
    Yeah, it got vastly better.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

You have nfi what makes a good trek episode. Had it not been sold as Star Trek and was standing on his own I would have no problems with it. But as Star Trek it's retarded garbage.
    Yeah sorry I forgot how amazing the episode where Deanna fights an alien with her dreams is. Or the episode where Crusher falls in love with an alien parasite.

Y'all got some real fucking rose tinted glasses going on in this thread. Discovery has great characters, good universe building, and despite the first few episodes being shaky it's currently in a very good place.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Sent from my iPhtapa
    I did watch the first two episodes. It was so unbearably bad I stopped. Why the fuck would I watch more?

Ah, shit, if I do that, I guess I have to go watch all the Twilight movies too. I hate on those and I've only seen half of one, and some random clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Dude no one cares if you hate anything, that’s normal and has become white noise

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Dude no one cares if you hate anything, that’s normal and has become white noise

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Bawww

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    That's exactly not what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Phoned an old mate tonight. He asked me if I liked STD

'I think so'
    'Me too, but it's not really star trek is it?'
    'No.'

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Incidentally I'm watching TNG and Enterprise in parallel whilst waiting for my weekly dose of STD and holy shit Enterprise is miles better than TNG and honestly TNG is only held together by great acting (of a few select characters) and the ocassional good stuff, generally it's p. horrible by today's standards.

Just watched the episode where they were investigating the disappearance of the Fleming and all fucking episode they didn't show the fucking Fleming, not even when they actually found the damn thing. 1-2 minutes after they managed to explodify a warp core so a subspace breach happened so ok now we can't see it cuz it's in the shitty thing. Then the Enterprise "coasts" into the rift to beam out the Fleming crew... And still no Fleming, at least a 5 second shot of the vessels in proximity. Nope. Probably ran out of budget or smth.

Fucking Fleming, I swear.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    ...holy shit Enterprise is miles better than TNG...
    Hahaha, good one!

Oh, wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

Enterprise grew on me, I initially didn’t like it, too much ‘Murica in space. But aside from the temporal cold war which was a bit naff, it slowly grew as a show into something pretty decent. Most importantly it tried to fit in with the timeline (eg, the Borg episode), and stuff it took liberties with (the Delphic expanse Xindi season 3) didn’t screw up established history, just added to the back lore.

Hell they even managed to explain the Klingons having non pasty heads in TOS.

(STD fucked that one RIIGHT up again)
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread