hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2128

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Yeah each of the Treks has taken a while to find it's footing / do something meaty with it's characters.* Modern Netflix bingeing audiences are conditioned to expect every show to be the next Breaking Bad, and I think big budget showrunners are trying to chase that model whether it's a good idea or not.

That said, Discovery could def. have done a better job on it's characters earlier on, we don't need to know the hopes and dreams of everyone with a seat on the bridge, but something for half the characters in that pic would have been nice.

*With the possible exception of Voyager, which started off interesting and just gradually mudslid into a skip.
    This is precisely it. Expectations are far too high with a modern audience because there are so many Westworlds and Breaking Bads and Game of Throneses that people cannot handle a rocky start.
    And at the same time, because those are the chic shows right now, expectations are too high to allow a slower-paced episodic structure. Something important has to happen at every moment.
    These shows are not fast paced. There slow pacing is precisely why big events and season long arks pay off.
    They're*

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Yeah each of the Treks has taken a while to find it's footing / do something meaty with it's characters.* Modern Netflix bingeing audiences are conditioned to expect every show to be the next Breaking Bad, and I think big budget showrunners are trying to chase that model whether it's a good idea or not.

That said, Discovery could def. have done a better job on it's characters earlier on, we don't need to know the hopes and dreams of everyone with a seat on the bridge, but something for half the characters in that pic would have been nice.

*With the possible exception of Voyager, which started off interesting and just gradually mudslid into a skip.
    This is precisely it. Expectations are far too high with a modern audience because there are so many Westworlds and Breaking Bads and Game of Throneses that people cannot handle a rocky start.
    And at the same time, because those are the chic shows right now, expectations are too high to allow a slower-paced episodic structure. Something important has to happen at every moment.
    These shows are not fast paced. There slow pacing is precisely why big events and season long arks pay off.
    They're*
    Way too early in the morning for proper grammar tbf.

They're*
    :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

They're*
    Amazing, isn't it?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

They're*
    Amazing, isn't it?

Tapapapatalk
    Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

They're*
    Amazing, isn't it?

Tapapapatalk
    Fascinating.
    Intriguing.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    xur

These shows are not fast paced. They're slow pacing is precisely why big events and season long arks pay off.
    That's where I disagree. They are fast paced, and that's why there has to be a twist, turn, or dramatic reveal every episode. Rather than a few pivotal episodes throughout the year and some time in between to digest it all, it all gets compressed and rushed.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

These shows are not fast paced. They're slow pacing is precisely why big events and season long arks pay off.
    That's where I disagree. They are fast paced, and that's why there has to be a twist, turn, or dramatic reveal every episode. Rather than a few pivotal episodes throughout the year and some time in between to digest it all, it all gets compressed and rushed.
    I think this is one of the problems with STD's writing, they're trying to have longform character arcs compressed to within a few episodes.

You can contrast it with for example Worf's relationship with Picard evolved over the course of several years while Burnham's relationship with Saru has to evolve across 10 episodes or so.

I think they do it well enough considering what they have to work with but it is spotty at times.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

You can contrast it with for example Worf's relationship with Picard evolved over the course of several years

Not found: video of every time Worf suggested something and was right.

Also, where's the "Shut up, Wesley" video?

I've just started watching Star Trek: Discovery and I havent watched any other series except for the two new movies.

Have Klingons always sounded so retarded? It actually make me laugh

also lol Captain and 1st helper or whatever having a bitch fight in the first episode

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I've just started watching Star Trek: Discovery and I havent watched any other series except for the two new movies.

also lol Captain and 1st helper or whatever having a bitch fight in the first episode

Learn to embed, noob.

Learn to embed, noob.

Works for me. Meanwhile yours doesn't work for me.

Learn to embed, noob.

Then you may need to check your computer. WebP is an esoteric movie format only supported by Chrome. I embedded a GIF, which works everywhere.

NERRRRRRRD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Learn to embed, noob.

Then you may need to check your computer. WebP is an esoteric movie format only supported by Chrome. I embedded a GIF, which works everywhere.
    nerrrrrrrrrd

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Fuck off with that trash.