hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3638

Thread: Star trek!

As much as I wish I could edit Jeff Bezos out of the universe, that video of Shatner's reaction after his flight was p. damn touching.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

No more Discovery on non-US Netflix...

Nothing of value was lost. If they take TNG and DS9 from Netflix I won't be happy.

Hmm, I suppose that means that Amazon Prime will lose ST:Picard and Lower Decks sooner or later also. And that ST:Prodigy won't be available anywhere else than Paramount+

Hopefully they'll put Picard on Paramount+ as well and we can all pretend that that never existed and never hear of it again.

And TNG and DS9 will probably move to Paramount+ once their licensing deals expire (assuming there is no weird rights structure to navigate around for Paramount).

Sounds like Paramount want everyone to start pirating it.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I think I have been more positive on Discovery than most people here (mostly limited to what I consider the good parts of the first season but still), and Season 3 was so bad that I think it is not worth anyone's time anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Hmm, I suppose that means that Amazon Prime will lose ST:Picard and Lower Decks sooner or later also. And that ST:Prodigy won't be available anywhere else than BitTorrent
    FTFY
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I think I have been more positive on Discovery than most people here (mostly limited to what I consider the good parts of the first season but still), and Season 3 was so bad that I think it is not worth anyone's time anymore
    I think that was a lot of people's takes honestly, including my own. They started with an interesting idea and some interesting characters, took potshots at developing them more in season 2, but by the end of 2 things were clearly going off the rails and 3 was just kind of a shitshow from start to finish.

I haven't actually watched any of Prodigy yet. Anyone?

Its just retarded if they move it to the paramount channel. There is almoat nothing there if you view it from EU.
    Like it had some shows i never heard of and nature shows. They must realize people want big selection of content to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Its just retarded if they move it to the paramount channel. There is almoat nothing there if you view it from EU.
    Like it had some shows i never heard of and nature shows. They must realize people want big selection of content to watch?
    People wanting a big selection of shows to watch is precisely why they're moving more of their shows there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Hmm, I suppose that means that Amazon Prime will lose ST:Picard and Lower Decks sooner or later also. And that ST:Prodigy won't be available anywhere else than BitTorrent
    FTFY
    That is exactly what will happen and has already started, it seems. Funnily enough, a German IT news site yesterday had both the above news and this one on their main page.

If money plays any role, it’s that pirated movies help the public to keep entertainment affordable. EVO suggests that the increased fragmentation of the streaming landscape, with every service pushing its own exclusive releases, is keeping piracy relevant.

“Maybe, if studios would care a bit more about the consumer, there wouldn’t be much piracy on the internet. But they don’t care anymore, what matters is profit, profit and profit.

“If you are an average person these days, basically, either you are rich or you are fucked. It’s Disney+, its Netflix, its Prime, its Paramount+. God knows what else they come up with,” EVO adds.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Not only is there fragmentation in content, but in quality too. Prime carries lots of stuff in SDR and you have to pay extra to watch the HDR version. Netflixs wants you to upgrade to a more expensive subscription (which I have). Pirating is simply the easiest way to make sure you're watching the best quality possible, with Blu-Ray rips being far better than streaming anyway.

Pitch meeting, "Which Trek trope should we explore in the newest season of Picard? Alternate timelines, manipulation by Vulcans, the Borg-Queen, Q or time travel?"

"Yes."
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Not only is there fragmentation in content, but in quality too. Prime carries lots of stuff in SDR and you have to pay extra to watch the HDR version. Netflixs wants you to upgrade to a more expensive subscription (which I have). Pirating is simply the easiest way to make sure you're watching the best quality possible, with Blu-Ray rips being far better than streaming anyway.
    I have a mate with a excellent FTP. Get rektd disney, netflix, prime, paramount. Only top notch quality.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Pitch meeting, "Which Trek trope should we explore in the newest season of Picard? Alternate timelines, manipulation by Vulcans, the Borg-Queen, Q or time travel?"

"Yes."
    Haven't touched Disco since the middle of season 3, will ignore Picard season 2 entirely. Eagerly awaiting Lower Decks season 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

"Yes."
    Haven't touched Disco since the middle of season 3, will ignore Picard season 2 entirely. Eagerly awaiting Lower Decks season 3 though.
    I would have watched discovery and Picard if paramount hadn't made the dumb decision to launch yet another streaming service

Now that the barrier to entry is more than pressing play on prime or Netflix, that's enough for me to stop watching

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

"Yes."
    I would have watched discovery and Picard if paramount hadn't made the dumb decision to launch yet another streaming service

Now that the barrier to entry is more than pressing play on prime or Netflix, that's enough for me to stop watching
    It isn't worth it anyway.

Hopefully this will be true for enough people that they'll cancel both series and TV star trek can go to bed for another 10 years until someone figures out that 10 million dollars and 20 producers per episode doesn't necessarily make good TV

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    There'd better be another Guinan vs Q wizard fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...