hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2466

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    just started watching TNG again and just had "Planet of the negros" god this is pretty bad.
    Ooh think you might have the intro of the Ferengi up next, good times. And by good, I mean the other thing.
    There's some light relief in the middle of season 1 involving lizard and dog aliens chasing each other around the ship while claiming to be diplomats, that's quite entertaining. Not sure it's intentionally so though.

Best of Both World and Inner Light are towards the end of seasons 3 and 5 respectively, so strap yourself in, it's going to be quite a ride.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    just started watching TNG again and just had "Planet of the negros" god this is pretty bad.
    Ooh think you might have the intro of the Ferengi up next, good times. And by good, I mean the other thing.
    There's some light relief in the middle of season 1 involving lizard and dog aliens chasing each other around the ship while claiming to be diplomats, that's quite entertaining. Not sure it's intentionally so though.

Best of Both World and Inner Light are towards the end of seasons 3 and 5 respectively, so strap yourself in, it's going to be quite a ride.
    Year early ferengi are great and the ambassador fight was great especially when they used a dog catcher with a neon loop to grab riker by the neck XD

Not Trek but I can't remember/find if we had a stargate thread:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/10/starg...ano-dead-dies/

Carters father from SG1 has died

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Agree, though I think Ep2 managed better.

This one just had two or three episodes worth of stuff in it; the 15-episode-season limit is showing. This leads to things being unclear.

Spoiler:
    Like with Saru’s ganglia. Was his recovery natural, just what happens when the condition is allowed to advance and run its course without being culled? Or was this an effect of the mushrooms? The ganglia withering looked a lot like the mushroom effects. Or was it because of the sphere? I *think* based on his later anger that it was just the natural course of things... but I’m not entirely sure.

Guessing: assuming that’s the case, what do you want to bet the “predator” race on his planet (who are never actually seen) are just other Kelpians who know the “truth” about their biology?
      Spoiler:

I thought Saru explained it: if the sickness runs its course, a Kelpian becomes insane from the ever increasing pain with the most likely end being suicide. That's why he asked Burnham to end his life before he becomes that lunatic. And as his ganglia's just "fell off", when Burnham was about to commit to her burden, my interpretation is that the sphere intervented. Saru mentioned that this was a lethal/terminal sickness for Kelpians, for which no cure is known (as of now).

Just like the sphere used Saru to "communicate" its wish to transmit its legacy, by identifying Saru as the being on board the would most likely understand the sphere's concept of "death". I don't think it was the mushrooms, because he wasn't "infected" with them in this episode.

Although my initial thought when the sphere appear was that it's related to the "mushroom world" and the virus that got hold of Tilly. Especially as the story progressed and both (sphere and virus) "want to communicated with us". Thought of it as a "Big Ma's looking for her kid"-kinda story plot at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Not Trek but I can't remember/find if we had a stargate thread:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/10/starg...ano-dead-dies/

Carters father from SG1 has died

That's sad.

Also worth a post in the Dead Celebrity thread as far as I'm concerned.

Star Trek Picard Series, is apparently not in standard Star Trek Canon.
    Prime Canon or Kelvin Canon/Timeline.

Reason: merchandise licensing and such.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Spoiler:
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

So in other words it’s canon.

So in other words it’s canon.
    Not from the original universe that TNG took place in, while taking place 20 years later.

https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2019/...meline-series/
    Last edited by VARRAKK; February 11 2019 at 05:42:11 PM.

Is there any source on this? All the news I’ve been able to find from the past few days says that it will be in the prime timeline, circa 2389.

Is there any source on this? All the news I’ve been able to find from the past few days says that it will be in the prime timeline, circa 2389.
    its all to do with the viacom/ CBS star trek split which is now infact a 3 way split between viacom/CBS/Bad robot.
    Anything they do has to be 25% different to "Old trek" due to the licensing. Hence the entire kelvin time line and discovery.

apparently shari Redstone is trying to get all of star trek back under one owner as she and her family are controlling interests in both Viacom and CBS and sees startrek as "a family legacy" as the Redstones have been around since day one of star trek.

There was some interviews with the Producer and Patrick Steward. Got a Trek nerd in the office that was on a verbal rage yesterday.
    Maybe the show is too early in development for them to have nailed down all the details about when & where it will take place.

Patrick Steward said they wanted to do something different with the Romulan Empire, wasn't it destroyed in a movie?

>Patrick Steward

GTFO.

Shocking scenes

I mean he did it twice. Suggests it wasn’t a typo.

because the IP wasn't enough of a clusterfuck already. I think I'm done, I've got TNG/DS9 and the good movies and novels, I think that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

because the IP wasn't enough of a clusterfuck already. I think I'm done, I've got TNG/DS9 and the good movies and novels, I think that's enough for me.
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/02/11/pat...-year-setting/

The time setting differs from what has been stated in other interviews, and in his original announcement — where Patrick Stewart said the show takes place 20 years after the film Star Trek: Nemesis, which was set in the year 2379. If the show were set 19 years after the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series finale (“All Good Things…”), that would put it in 2389, or only 10 years after the events in Nemesis. If the show were set 20 years after Nemesis – as Stuart has said before – it would be set in 2399. It’s unclear if his comment on the BBC was a more specific time setting, or if Stewart just misspoke. In terms of canon, there does not appear to be any major difference. The event that is key to the Picard show – as stated by executive producer Alex Kurtzman – is the destruction of Romulus, which takes place in the year 2387.

https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/08/sta...a-possibility/

Kurtzman is referring to an event shown in the 2009 film Star Trek, which he co-wrote. The film established that in the year 2387, the planet Romulus was destroyed by a supernova. While [the 2009 film] Star Trek sets up the new Kelvin timeline, the events prior to Spock traveling back in time were part of the Prime timeline, and the Picard show is set in the Prime timeline.

Not seeing the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

https://trekmovie.com/2019/02/11/pat...-year-setting/

The time setting differs from what has been stated in other interviews, and in his original announcement — where Patrick Stewart said the show takes place 20 years after the film Star Trek: Nemesis, which was set in the year 2379. If the show were set 19 years after the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series finale (“All Good Things…”), that would put it in 2389, or only 10 years after the events in Nemesis. If the show were set 20 years after Nemesis – as Stuart has said before – it would be set in 2399. It’s unclear if his comment on the BBC was a more specific time setting, or if Stewart just misspoke. In terms of canon, there does not appear to be any major difference. The event that is key to the Picard show – as stated by executive producer Alex Kurtzman – is the destruction of Romulus, which takes place in the year 2387.

https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/08/sta...a-possibility/

Kurtzman is referring to an event shown in the 2009 film Star Trek, which he co-wrote. The film established that in the year 2387, the planet Romulus was destroyed by a supernova. While [the 2009 film] Star Trek sets up the new Kelvin timeline, the events prior to Spock traveling back in time were part of the Prime timeline, and the Picard show is set in the Prime timeline.

Not seeing the problem here.
    When was Jean-Luc born?