hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2465

Thread: Star trek!

Andromeda is a fun watch for the first couple of seasons. The later seasons are best ignored, a product of meddling execs who shitcanned the original showrunners at the end of season 2 and turned it into really badly written Hercules In Space.

Confirmed, Robert Hewitt Woolfe (sp?) was showrunning and it was really quite good S1 and S2, but after he left it just went down derphill
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Confirmed, Robert Hewitt Woolfe (sp?) was showrunning and it was really quite good S1 and S2, but after he left it just went down derphill
    lexa doig soooo hot
    A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code

Yeah I really liked the space dark ages feel of the show. It honestly reminded me of the Battletech universe a little

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    So what you guys are saying is that Andromeda at some point wasn't the unbearable cringeworthy drivel it certainly ended up as? I tried watching it a couple of times when it was still on TV but never lasted more than about 2 minutes.

To me the concept of Andromeda was good but the execution was a bit cheesy. If they'd had the Dominion win in DS9 then the concept could have been used better for a Trek series, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    So what you guys are saying is that Andromeda at some point wasn't the unbearable cringeworthy drivel it certainly ended up as? I tried watching it a couple of times when it was still on TV but never lasted more than about 2 minutes.
    It started out as cringe worthy drivel. It ended up as something so much worse.

See also: farscape.

No they were just in trek withdrawal and are looking at it with desperate nerdrosetinted glasses

So what you guys are saying is that Andromeda at some point wasn't the unbearable cringeworthy drivel it certainly ended up as?
    Indeed.

You still need to keep up with Sorbos-Hercules-Hunt and that sort of characters.

But the stories aren't that bad. And there's a season final (most likely season 2), which makes it pretty obvious that the sow was supposed to end there. The next season was added because of "success" (=more money earned than invested). But it so doesn't fit the previous story arch, that it would have been better made as a seperate show.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Andromeda is a fun watch for the first couple of seasons. The later seasons are best ignored, a product of meddling execs who shitcanned the original showrunners at the end of season 2 and turned it into really badly written Hercules In Space.
    which was not a bad thing because Herc was lit AF. Love me some Kevin Sorbo that man is my legit man crush XD

Quote Originally Posted by hinch View Post
    lexa doig soooo hot
    Preach it!

Edit: More Doig (NSFW!)

(And I'm convinced that Michael Shanks is in actuality a time traveler who altered the past for his own benefit. He gets a 10 season sci-fi show, bedded half the actresses in Canada, and still got Doig to marry him)
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; January 24 2019 at 04:13:14 AM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    lexa doig soooo hot
    Preach it!

(And I'm convinced that Michael Shanks is in actuality a time traveler who altered the past for his own benefit. He gets a 10 season sci-fi show, bedded half the actresses in Canada, and still got Doig to marry him)
    Shanks was fucking ripped by the end of SG-1. By all accounts Judge got him into lifting and he really stuck with it.

He was a beefcake at the end, not a bad looking dude
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

good concept but sort of lackluster execution, the worldbuilding was excellent but the acting and effects were on par with Xena or Hercules except it was sci-fi. The later seasons were indeed much worse but the early ones were still pretty awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    good concept but sort of lackluster execution, the worldbuilding was excellent but the acting and effects were on par with Xena or Hercules except it was sci-fi. The later seasons were indeed much worse but the early ones were still pretty awkward.
    This really makes me want to actually sit down and properly watch the first two seasons of Andromeda now.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    This really makes me want to actually sit down and properly watch the first two seasons of Andromeda now.
    the acting is properly terrible, people having conversations the timing is out, one person will sound angry and the other happy, sentences sound like questions its almost as if each person recorded their parts separate from each other. still the stories are pretty good as is the world building it showed promise.
    Thing that annoys me most is that the writers of different episodes never paid attention to previous episodes things like "this ship carries nova bombs we have a full compliment" then next episode "we only have a 1 nova bomb left" etc etc.

Thing that annoys me most is that the writers of different episodes never paid attention to previous episodes things like "this ship carries nova bombs we have a full compliment" then next episode "we only have a 1 nova bomb left" etc etc.

except even more noticeable as its one episode immediately after the other not just spread across all seasons also other things not just weapons like early on they have drones then mysteriously they forget the drones exist.

except even more noticeable as its one episode immediately after the other not just spread across all seasons also other things not just weapons like early on they have drones then mysteriously they forget the drones exist.
    I've been watching episodes of Andromeda during break times at work this week. I started with a time travel episode where they killed a load of ships they didn't want to because they had to preserve the timeline. I finished with the one where they decided to beam the captain back in time willy-nilly so he could possibly get his end away.

Having seen the first two eps of S2 of Discovery i must admit ST is becoming more Trekky … ;P

or maybe i just got used to it ^^

Not so bad though