hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1667

Thread: Star trek!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I enjoyed it.

People have some real rose tinted goggles on when talking about how good Trek can be - for every Best of Both Worlds, there was at least two Night Terrors.
    Fuck you Night Terrors is a great episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    There is technobabble that is reasonably based on science and theory
    There is, but there has never been much of it in any Star Trek show.
    I mean, if you're the kind of person who can watch STD and not see how much further across the line of nonsense it goes, I don't think you can be helped.
    If you take out the spore drive, what's left that fits your criteria? I mean, we're working in a universe with transporters, warp drive and Q here.

I mean, if you're the kind of person who can watch STD and not see how much further across the line of nonsense it goes, I don't think you can be helped.
    If you take out the spore drive, what's left that fits your criteria? I mean, we're working in a universe with transporters, warp drive and Q here.
    The fact that you think any of these concepts are equivalent to the spore drive is painfully depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The fact that you think any of these concepts are equivalent to the spore drive is painfully depressing.
    You're right, Q is the best thing about star trek because he can't be explained and nobody ever tries.

Q cares not for fat nerds whinging about logical consistency and "science" based technobabble

The best star trek episodes were about Q and Picard, not about the fucking warp drive.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    You're right, Q is the best thing about star trek because he can't be explained and nobody ever tries.

Q cares not for fat nerds whinging about logical consistency and "science" based technobabble

The best star trek episodes were about Q and Picard, not about the fucking warp drive.
    Star Rekd

Yeah, but "Q" like entity is perhaps the most scientifically/statistically likely concept out of the three thou.

I will fite you IRL (not really)

Still though, the Q Continuum isn't universe breaking - yes, they're more powerful than everyone else but they don't care to exploit that power within the universe that the Federation inhabits, and even a rogue element like Q himself isn't capable of breaking the power balance in the universe - the rest of the Q would stop him. Neat writing, allows them to explore what ifs and challenge Picard without having to break the universe, and pretty much every Q episode is a personal favourite because of it.

It's not the fact that the spore drive (or a concept similar to it) exists, it's that I'm concerned they just thought "hey here is cool macguffin that will allow us to do <stuff>" without realising how that macguffin would break literally every other show if introduced, so they'd better have a fucking great reason for why it doesn't exist. Maybe they do and we'll find out soon.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Calling it now: first episode of the second half of the season starts with Captain Georgiou stepping out of the shower on board the USS Shenzhou.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Calling it now: first episode of the second half of the season starts with Captain Georgiou stepping out of the shower on board the USS Shenzhou.
    ... with Commander Burnham still in the shower, calling her to come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking they will either pull some timetravel shenanigans, or a rick and morty type thing where the spore drive utterly fucks the universe so they use it one last time to go to an alternate one where it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    What line, like the time Paris went warp 10 in a shuttle and hyper evolved into a lizard?
    and left their lizard babies behind too.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    What line, like the time Paris went warp 10 in a shuttle and hyper evolved into a lizard?
    I thought we agreed never to talk about that episode. Ever.

*glares*
    Or when the ship became a holodeck simulation for Hirogen Nazis for full 2 episodes and then next episode..........RESET BUTTAN, DAT NEVER HAPPENED OR IS REFERRED TO AGAIN
    Voyager is where I stopped really watching Star Trek, so my memory is a bit hazy, but wasn't there a follow-up episode where they encountered holograms that had been created by the Hirogen using the tech they were given from this episode?
    i think that was the planet with the wierd mud or some shit that replicated anything it touched so it made the ship and crew when it landed

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

I will fite you IRL (not really)

Still though, the Q Continuum isn't universe breaking - yes, they're more powerful than everyone else but they don't care to exploit that power within the universe that the Federation inhabits, and even a rogue element like Q himself isn't capable of breaking the power balance in the universe - the rest of the Q would stop him. Neat writing, allows them to explore what ifs and challenge Picard without having to break the universe, and pretty much every Q episode is a personal favourite because of it.

It's not the fact that the spore drive (or a concept similar to it) exists, it's that I'm concerned they just thought "hey here is cool macguffin that will allow us to do <stuff>" without realising how that macguffin would break literally every other show if introduced, so they'd better have a fucking great reason for why it doesn't exist. Maybe they do and we'll find out soon.
    I suspect, as Joe said earlier in the thread that we might have already got to that point in the final scene of the final episode. They could well have accidentally jumped somewhere or somewhen that is very undesirable.

They're just going to end up burning the entire network destroying it in the process. Job done, sporeless timeline preserved. It's not fancy, it's not clever but it is a very easy out.

Edit: And by "they" I mean the showrunners. We could very well have the Klingons destroying it.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; December 1 2017 at 12:00:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    They're just going to end up burning the entire network destroying it in the process. Job done, sporeless timeline preserved. It's not fancy, it's not clever but it is a very easy out.

Edit: And by "they" I mean the showrunners. We could very well have the Klingons destroying it.
    Maybe Lorca thinks the job is done after what went on at Pahvo so he thinks he'll destroy the whole thing to stop the Klingons from being able to ever develop the technology

Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Movie In The Works, And We’re Not Making This Up
    http://www.slashfilm.com/quentin-tar...ar-trek-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Warp 7 nigger!

Engage motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Here's Tarantino discussing making feature-length versions of episode plots, and discussing TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise" in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    New episode is out and it continuous being stupid.

Btw what has happened to Klingons in this show?
    They are supposed to be this warrior race of the universe and now they're getting their asses kicked by old ladies and malnourished, tortured prisoners?
    post from oct 2016 i am late to tis sow so please beare wit me.

Why did they change the kligons link me posts or explain okthnx! i am so confuse at ep2