hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 136 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2980

Thread: Star trek!

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Would this be the same Midnight's Edge that proclaimed Discovery to actually be in the Kelvin timeline based on some seriously dubious speculation?
    this IS the kelvin time line. the "Prime" timeline isnt the timeline we got with TNG/DS9/VOY it was a separate timeline that leads into Nutrek. This was all due to the CBS/Viacomp split at the time and is such a big issue because of merchandising rights.

on the episode it felt too nutrek just too much action and bumbling old man.

So you think that Vulcan was destroyed 100 years ago in ST:Picard? Because the Kelvin timeline is exclusively in the movies and Discovery definitely isn't Kelvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Iím genuinely surprised they didnít deepfake Dataís face. The tech is trivial at this point, and thereís seven seasons worth of footage to train the system on.
    The lore already explains this:
    Data had an aging program designed to simulate the external effects of aging in his physical appearance.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Data

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    So you think that Vulcan was destroyed 100 years ago in ST:Picard? Because the Kelvin timeline is exclusively in the movies and Discovery definitely isn't Kelvin.
    no but this is the Prime time line that leads onto the Kelvin time line NOT the same as the TNG one we are used to

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    no but this is the Prime time line that leads onto the Kelvin time line NOT the same as the TNG one we are used to
    But it's not the Kelvin timeline. The supernova happened, but none of the events from the Kelvin timeline happened in Discovery or Picard's timeline because they're all part of the same universe that all the other Star Trek TV Series we're based in. Thus, it's definitely not the Kelvin timeline.

But it's not the Kelvin timeline. The supernova happened, but none of the events from the Kelvin timeline happened in Discovery or Picard's timeline because they're all part of the same universe that all the other Star Trek TV Series we're based in. Thus, it's definitely not the Kelvin timeline.
    Timeline this, timeline that., it's not really worth caring about. The first episode of Picard sets up his motivations rather easily. It's easy enough to just "go with it".

Well, my point wasn't really to argue about timelines (they're unambiguous and easy to work out), it was more to point out that Midnight's Edge is basically a conspiracy theory channel for nerds.

I wonder what it feels like, being the cast of STD, and realize your 2 seasons have been outplayed by a single episode (of something with actual good production and story).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

uh... no.

It works like this:

Chronological Prime Timeline = ENT>DISC(ugh)>TOS>TNG>DS9>VOY>[Hobus supernova events shown in Star Trek 2009 prologue]>Picard

Kelven Timeline = [Hobus supernova events shown in Star Trek 2009 prologue] > Nu Trek movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    uh... no.

It works like this:

Chronological Prime Timeline = ENT>DISC(ugh)>TOS>TNG>DS9>VOY>[Hobus supernova events shown in Star Trek 2009 prologue]>Picard

Kelven Timeline = [Hobus supernova events shown in Star Trek 2009 prologue] > Nu Trek movies.
    uh... no.

It works like this:

Star Trek = ENT>TOS>TNG>DS9>VOY

Abrams/Kurtzman "Star Trek" actionbro horsecock filling = DSC > Nu Trek movies > Picard
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Some of you have some seriously rose tinted glasses.

JJ prize is a temporal fork from Spocks failed attempts in the prime timeline.

Everything else is supposedly in the prime timeline. (El Capitano's right)
    Last edited by Pattern; January 28 2020 at 09:33:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I wonder what it feels like, being the cast of STD, and realize your 2 seasons have been outplayed by a single episode (of something with actual good production and story).
    Finally watched it, and I have to agree.

Elaborate please. What exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    #notmyfederation

Spoiler:
    Picard: The federation doesn't get to decide which species lives or not.
    Asshole across the table: Yes. We. Do.

picardfacepalm.jpg
    Last edited by Lucas Quaan; January 31 2020 at 03:14:45 PM.

Spoiler:
    This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    #notmyfederation

Spoiler:
    Picard: The federation doesn't get to decide which species lives or not.
    Asshole across the table: Yes. We. Do.

picardfacepalm.jpg
    Yeah... yeah. Looking back I'm pretty confident that the concept of Star Trek that we all knew and loved (and sometimes loved to hate) really did die in 2009. Beyond was a great respite because it was made by people who were skilled and gave a damn, but p. much everything else has honestly just been Action Show Set In The Future Of Space with heavy doses of utterly tone-deaf nostalgia grafted on.

Ep. 2 of Picard is frustrating for all the same reasons as the pilot, and still indicative of what I think the whole show is going to be; mostly pants-on-head retarded action plot leavened with some character writing and acting by the few people who appear to be trying to actually make something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
      Spoiler:
    This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation.
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    So much of their speculation is completely wrong after seeing ep2. I dunno but sounds to me like those guys are just trying to be edge lords.
    From somebody who enjoys star trek but has not seen every episode or movie ever made i take it for what it is and i am entertained.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    sounds to me like those guys are just trying to be edge lords.
    hi hello welcome to the internet! it looks like you're new here, maybe half an ounce of context will help.

"those guys" have been reviewing Star Trek and Star Wars professionally (as in, being paid to do it for a living) for nearly a decade, almost single-handedly spawned an entire genre of online critical analysis, and have a deeper understanding of and appreciation for Star Trek than anyone who is observably involved in any of the new series. Speculation can always be wrong, though Rich Evans is right as often as he isn't which in the speculation business is a damn good track record. They are however 100% correct in their analysis of the show's storytelling flaws, plot holes, disregard for established history, and complete lack of understanding of basic fucking science.

From somebody who enjoys star trek but has not seen every episode or movie ever made i take it for what it is and i am entertained.
    I'm sure there's lots of things you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    sounds to me like those guys are just trying to be edge lords.
    hi hello welcome to the internet! it looks like you're new here, maybe half an ounce of context will help.

"those guys" have been reviewing Star Trek and Star Wars professionally (as in, being paid to do it for a living) for nearly a decade, almost single-handedly spawned an entire genre of online critical analysis, and have a deeper understanding of and appreciation for Star Trek than anyone who is observably involved in any of the new series. Speculation can always be wrong, though Rich Evans is right as often as he isn't which in the speculation business is a damn good track record. They are however 100% correct in their analysis of the show's storytelling flaws, plot holes, disregard for established history, and complete lack of understanding of basic fucking science.

I'm sure there's lots of things you enjoy.
    Wew lad.

This borders on copypasta.