hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "The Dominion has endured for 2000 years [Friday].....

Sotchi opening (dance and light) show is pretty good. unexpected even.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    Only good part of DS-9 was the ship battles.
    The whole Emissary thing bugged the shit out of me. I did enjoy all the times they tried to make a Star Trek war feel real, like The Siege of AR-558 and It's Only A Paper Moon.
    No discussion of great DS9 episodes is complete without In the Pale Moonlight.

[video]

And, you know, Far Beyond the Stars.
    Pretty sure we've had this discussion before.

Just once I want to be able to walk from work to lunch place without a clipboard wielding smegmacunt guilt tripping me about not signing up for some monthly donation to charity XY based solely on some fucking phrase like "Hey, do you like or not like children dying?"

I know it's their job, and I'm sure its a shitty job at that, but ffs

back at work, fml.

i was just about to open a beer too
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobad Horribad View Post
    Just once I want to be able to walk from work to lunch place without a clipboard wielding smegmacunt guilt tripping me about not signing up for some monthly donation to charity XY based solely on some fucking phrase like "Hey, do you like or not like children dying?"

Yeah Perth is horrible for this as there are pedestrian bottlenecks through the Arts complex and Forrest Chase for morning/afternoon commute. If its just glossy shit and whatevs and its not fireys or red cross or salvos I ask them how much commission they are getting. Or, failing that just put on headphones and start singing.

See I can ninja a stargate or BSG themed saturday thread later
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Sotchi opening (dance and light) show is pretty good. unexpected even.
    Fake snow (soap flakes, from what I read) and one lightshow leaving the end with only 4/5 rings.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by bundus View Post

Yeah Perth is horrible for this as there are pedestrian bottlenecks through the Arts complex and Forrest Chase for morning/afternoon commute. If its just glossy shit and whatevs and its not fireys or red cross or salvos I ask them how much commission they are getting. Or, failing that just put on headphones and start singing.
    The ConDems updated the chugger laws over here in the last year or so: They can't stand within 3 meters of a shop door, pester people down a street, or attempt to talk to someone who looks like they are headed to work. Dunno how effective its been though.

As a 'Murican I tried doing this kind of job... for a total of five days. Couldn't stand it after that.

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"

I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    its happened before, it will happen again

My line is

"Sorry I'm a selfish cunt who could not give less of a shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    "You do not understand"

Spoiler:
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    "You do not understand"

Spoiler:
    Such Nerd.

posting in a ds9 thread.

Today been a good day, circumvented torturous day at work as we near the end of a project I've been working on for a year, and I had a quality second date (most important) last night. Life is good and it's Friday (actually now Saturday), w00t.
    You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The best of all was B5...
    Babylon 5 was awful.
    shut your whore mouth
    Meh, Babylon 5, while rather ok on it's own only became great because of it's side actors. I absolutely loathe the space messiah (although DS9 suffered from the same problem in it's later season but at least Sisko was still an angry black man ), erm, Captain Sherridan, and his obnoxious wife but Londo and G'kar were, although their relationship had a much darker shade, the best couple since Spock and McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The best of all was B5...
    Babylon 5 was awful.
    shut your whore mouth
    Meh, Babylon 5, while rather ok on it's own only became great because of it's side actors. I absolutely loathe the space messiah (although DS9 suffered from the same problem in it's later season but at least Sisko was still an angry black man ), erm, Captain Sherridan, and his obnoxious wife but Londo and G'kar were, although their relationship had a much darker shade, the best couple since Spock and McCoy.
    Londo and G'kar in the second season were absolutely perfect sci fi acting and plot. Never seen anything quite like it.

For me it was all good up until the Shadows turned up and it moved away from the character and politics.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Londo and G'kar in the second season were absolutely perfect sci fi acting and plot. Never seen anything quite like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

I would gaze up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this.