hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MWD frig solo pvp in FW

Haven't played for half a year, but I used to love running around with a dual-web, scram, mwd harpy, tinked out for high dps and decent range (you must be able to project decent dps within scram range, so you aren't perma-tackled by AB frigs).

Optimal target: multiple t1/faction frigates. The whole point of the fit is to get as fast as possible into optimal at low transversal and melt the first target, before the others get within range and engage. Often the second frig fails to tackle before you cycle mwd or reconsiders scramming you after receiving heavy damage. Makes for exciting fights.

Of course, a linked condor ruins your day.

After reading the thread, I'll have to try this with no tackle, purely relying on surprise dps.

Or just use a rail harpy?

I've really enjoyed the Atron and Crusader. At work so can't post fits, but I will be doing some post commentary on a few fights with them that will be up in the next couple days
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

I've been flying MWD frigates in Black Rise a lot over the past few months with the hope of getting more good 1 vs. Gang fights, or just killing the ever-present MWD kiting Condors, Tristans, and Crows that set up 20km off the beacon inside of plexes.

Ideally, you want your ship to have high DPS and good DPS application everywhere within scram range. High DPS allows you to quickly kill initial tackle and then run before the rest of the gang arrives. Being able to apply this damage everywhere within scram range prevents you from facing an automatic loss against AB/scram/web scram-range kiters. Speed is not too critical in my experience; most MWD kiters are lazy and are easily slingshotted even by relatively slow T1 frigates and the abundance of ABs in FW means that you'll be faster that most ships you'll face anyway.

The best T1 MWD frigates in my opinion are the Kestrel (see Longdrinks' fit) and The Tormentor:

[Tormentor, MWD Tormentor]
    Heat Sink II
    200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
    Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
    Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Multifrequency S

[empty rig slot]
    Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
    Small Energy Burst Aerator I

A Breacher is probably also fine, but I prefer having the extra range in the Kestrel because it lets you kite outside of web range and wear people down a bit before you enter scram range and fully commit to the fight. Among the faction frigates I prefer the Slicer and a dual-web rocket Hookbill. A Crusader should also be pretty good (it's probably the only Combat Inty I'd ever use in FW), but it's very vulnerable to TDs.

Speedcursus kills everything

It has the speed to catch slicers, condors, ceptors, whatever, and it outbrawls most T1 frigs that are not Incurses. You'll end up in deep hull against blaster Merlins, but still. It also helps that most faggy kiters expect the Incursus to be AB fit, and never try to run.

[Incursus, hmm]
    Small Armor Repairer II
    Internal Force Field Array I
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
    Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
    Small Ancillary Current Router I
    Small Hybrid Ambit Extension II

Warrior II x1

I like that in theory, you permatank nearly all kiters, can brawl down ab frigates (they shouldnt escape if you heat scram + pulse mwd), the range rig + null means dps even at scram range so you cant get permakited without tds.

All around a good ship i think.

The fact that those stats are unlinked, unimplanted on a t1 frigate is a tad absurd.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 2 2014 at 03:47:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Well not really except compared to shit tier armies, otherwise they are just a lot less than a couple of hours of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    [Incursus, hmm]
    My fit is actually quite different, for a number of FWsoloplexfighting-specific reasons:

[Incursus, Speedcursus]
    Damage Control II
    Overdrive Injector System II
    Adaptive Nano Plating II

J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I

Acolyte II x1

Overdrive is crucial, as is the web to apply Void dps properly. Also the price.

Overdrive is aganst links/snakes i assume?

Overdrive is aganst links/snakes i assume?
    Yeah, it is a massive linkfest anyway. I just like the surprise speed factor it gives, and while that tank isn't godmode, fitting the OD doesn't sacrifice too much of the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    lords servant invented the rail harpy

nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham

Provided the slicer doesn't warp to 0 on you that incursis is NEVER going to catch or kill a slicer. You are a good 400ms slower, and more than a second slower in agility. Now bad slicers? Sure there is certainly a good chance you can rock their world. But anyone that knows how to fly, will never be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Provided the slicer doesn't warp to 0 on you that incursis is NEVER going to catch or kill a slicer. You are a good 400ms slower, and more than a second slower in agility. Now bad slicers? Sure there is certainly a good chance you can rock their world. But anyone that knows how to fly, will never be caught.
    What about using sites as a warp in to ensure warping in at 0.

Nor will they ever kill you, and tbh honest speed fit slicers are pretty bad in lowsec if you dont fight groups of bads and instead go for better players.

Nor will they ever kill you, and tbh honest speed fit slicers are pretty bad in lowsec if you dont fight groups of bads and instead go for better players.
    A slicer can take down a dual rep incursis when you go reload with AAR. But to each their own

dont mean dps wise, no slicer can keep point long enough to kill the cursus if that is a competent pilot.

In one of my vids, I do just that. However i am forced off from caracal :X

MWD frig solo pvp in FW

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    What about using sites as a warp in to ensure warping in at 0.
    A proper fit Slicer with pre heated MWD can get out of scram/web range on warpin before an Incursus locks. Pre-inties (Atron, condor etc) are iffy

Your cap will last longer than a dual rep Incursus
    Last edited by OrangeAfroMan; December 12 2014 at 07:40:48 AM.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Not if that 'cursus is any good. Also, for lowsec 1v1s that fit is pretty bad (cause dcu slicer with implants crushes you, long range dessies nearly oneshot you and mwd ships will get away if they are good, if they are bad a non dual nano slicer can win anyways and both crush ab frigs) [for that, not in general although the cap rig isnt really needed].

also @ chessur, you also lose point very very often in your videos, someone who knows the fight (i.e fight untill his saar charges are over and then purely tries to get away will get away, you arent fast enough to stop it (if he catches you 3 seconds in your mwd cycle with heat he can make the 4 km or so he needs to warp, and he can reverse slingshot you). Its almost impossible to hold a manual pioting ship that goes 400-700m/s slower then you or so.