hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64653545556
Results 1,101 to 1,108 of 1108

Thread: Naval Action

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I'm tempted to log back in, but the time it takes to get anywhere is really off-putting.

And thinking about how many hours I've already sunk into this and progress is now effectively lost due to reset... ugh.

Only assets were lost, you'll still be a rear admiral/whatever. Its also playable with an hour a day to some extent, although it needs a group of people together to work that way. I'm actually logging in daily, but unless I can find some people to boat with, I'll eventually give up (and all the british clans are awful).

I'm on for an "hour a day" clan idea.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Only assets were lost, you'll still be a rear admiral/whatever. Its also playable with an hour a day to some extent, although it needs a group of people together to work that way. I'm actually logging in daily, but unless I can find some people to boat with, I'll eventually give up (and all the british clans are awful).
    swapped to pirate, no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    swapped to pirate, no regrets.
    Uninstalled, no regrets.

Played for a bit after the wipe and had some fun in small ships but people were back in 1st and 2nd rates within 10 days. Switched to pirates to escape the constant bickering if national 'strategists' and subsequently lost interest. I like the boats, but the strategy game is dreadful.

The ship combat is excellent but the open sea, crafting, port battle system is tedious as fuck.

I actually think having a standalone world of warships style jump in and fight system would be great for this game, and it is apparently in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    The ship combat is excellent but the open sea, crafting, port battle system is tedious as fuck.

I actually think having a standalone world of warships style jump in and fight system would be great for this game, and it is apparently in development.
    as per the original sea trials, which was great.

I've joined a pirate clan, its noBS all your resources into the pot and then free ships to do the RvR stuff.

Port battles have variency now as its either a shallow port, up to 4th rate or up to 1st rate.

the guy running the clan thingy isnt a dick either and has basically said he just needs more people for the ships he has.

so shout me if you want to come back to something semi decent.