hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 84855565758
Results 1,141 to 1,148 of 1148

Thread: Naval Action

It has mostly positive recent reviews on steam. What happened? Is the game good now? I'm honestly surprised it haven't shut down yet. Should I consider starting playing?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It has mostly positive recent reviews on steam. What happened? Is the game good now? I'm honestly surprised it haven't shut down yet. Should I consider starting playing?
    Did you ever play before? If not you missed the golden age of the game really, when we were all playing it.
    I dont think by the sounds you will be able to capture that in this game - multiple players, a large group in nanovaga Renommée (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Java_(1811)) and Huginn Suprise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Surprise_(1796))

Renommee were the among the fastest ships, so you couldnt be chased down if you were heading at the right angle to the wind, while your stern chasers would pepper sails of any chasing ships, slowing them and allowing you to then turn and take the advantage.
    Suprise were excellent at chasing down ships at the right angle also, but while slower, manouvered well and had bow chasers, so you could slowly hole the sails of ships trying to make an escape.

A mix of these two frigates were very nasty.
    I cant imagine you will find that sort of co-ordination, and rather tha autists still playing the game will simply gank you using these methods, or whatever the meta is now.

I did. I'm wondering what has changed.

A: Theres about 5 players now.
    B: 4 of those players are in the equivalent of AT ships.
    C: The other one is the only guy who's willing to sail with you, and he wants to make a deal with the guy to give him back his AT ship in exchange for some non-specific not very useful future favour and get quite upset when you and the other three people in global chat tell him thats dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    C: The other one is the only guy who's willing to sail with you, and he wants to make a deal with the guy to give him back his AT ship in exchange for some non-specific not very useful future favour and get quite upset when you and the other three people in global chat tell him thats dumb.
    Fun fact, I still have that goddamn ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    whats an AT ship?

Alliance Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Op.

Success.