hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

Thread: Hearts of Iron IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Its not actually a challenge if you restart 8 times.

at that point you may aswell install a shitload of cheat mods.
    Why install cheat mods when the console gives you quite a lot of power already. It can't give you factories as far as I can tell. Bit other than that you can manage a lot with it.

Tapapapatalk
    Meh, Didn't know Joe. Didn't know.
    http://www.hoi4wiki.com/Console_commands

event [event id] [<Target Country Tag>] Executes an event event political.3 for communist coup 6 for democratic 9 for fascist

add_latest_equipment(ale) [<equipment amount>] Gives player amount of latest equipment variants

pp(fuhrer_mana,political_power) [PP amount] Gives political power to player

xp [XP amount] Gives Army, navy and air experience to player

instantconstruction(ic) Toggles instant construction cheat.

manpower [<Amount>] Adds manpower to player

Equipment and manpower and you can have hundreds of divisions even for Luxembourg.
    nevar forget

Why install cheat mods when the console gives you quite a lot of power already. It can't give you factories as far as I can tell. Bit other than that you can manage a lot with it.

Tapapapatalk
    Meh, Didn't know Joe. Didn't know.
    http://www.hoi4wiki.com/Console_commands

event [event id] [<Target Country Tag>] Executes an event event political.3 for communist coup 6 for democratic 9 for fascist

add_latest_equipment(ale) [<equipment amount>] Gives player amount of latest equipment variants

pp(fuhrer_mana,political_power) [PP amount] Gives political power to player

xp [XP amount] Gives Army, navy and air experience to player

instantconstruction(ic) Toggles instant construction cheat.

manpower [<Amount>] Adds manpower to player

Equipment and manpower and you can have hundreds of divisions even for Luxembourg.
    Is there a way to turn these off?

Are they disabled in multiplayer by default?

Console commands are disabled in multiplayer and in ironman mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Yeah. I mean that's obvious, isn't it?
    nevar forget

I asked.

I didn't even know what the commands where, or that you could just enable them at will, so no, not obvious to me (casual)

Just answering his question m8.

Well every game I know with console cheats disable them for multiplayer and achievements.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Isn't there a bug in MP hotjoin still that players who join are able to use console cheats regardless? Or has that been fixed?

Uhm. What?!
    So,according to you, because I had to restart a bunch of times I don't like a challenge... As I play a World Conquest... With Luxembourg.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Oh, guess I'll stick mine somewhere else then.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

it's gotten better the last two months, the AI stopped airfield stuffing for me anyway.

but how the fuck do you avoid having 80% of the Royal navy sunk within the first three months of the war ? just endlessly pump out screen ships (Destroyers and Light Cruisers) of what ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    but how the fuck do you avoid having 80% of the Royal navy sunk within the first three months of the war ? just endlessly pump out screen ships (Destroyers and Light Cruisers) of what ?
    Light cruisers or Carriers seem to be the only boats worth making. Spam either of them and have decent air cover and you should be fine, your other ships will eventually die off.

My RN is usually two lines building CLs from day one, adding a line of DDs, a line of CAs, and then everything after that as CVs. I've never had the slightest issue having total naval superiority as them though, even when making a sane force mix.

Played it after someone mentioned a present day mod (Millennium Dawn). Turned out pretty raw but i got into the base game.

Got any mod recommendations besides real air missions? Ground is pretty good since it's the focus but air&navy still need touching up, also loleconomics.

Blackice HOI IV
    BlackICE submod: Immersive equipment names
    Blackice HOI IV gfx-addon
    Expert ai 2.0 (only really works with vanilla)
    Flickering flags fix
    A bitter peace - new world order
    Hearts of Iron IV: The great war
    Kaiserreich

Good mods with active devs

Expert AI works with RAM alright - UK researched maritime patrol and gerries done balanced their planes between 3 active regions.

Tried Czechoslavakia just for lolz cozying up to USSR asap and sure enough the entire world declared on Reich when it gathered enough courage to assault my stupidly OP sudetenland with 6lvl forts because ~balance~ i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Expert AI works with RAM alright - UK researched maritime patrol and gerries done balanced their planes between 3 active regions.

Tried Czechoslavakia just for lolz cozying up to USSR asap and sure enough the entire world declared on Reich when it gathered enough courage to assault my stupidly OP sudetenland with 6lvl forts because ~balance~ i guess.
    turn off historical focuses
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

turn off historical focuses
    does it reduce 22 czech divisions and 6 level forts in sudetenland?

i've played with them off and it's a fucking circus

Had to do a crash naval program of BC2 and LC3, send 4 armored divisions to japan, working my way from kurils (making it a 10/10 fortress) and it took 4 years to supress japs and fascist china.
    It is 1946 now and WW3 is in full swing. Poland got nuked twice already

Tried australia earlier and fuck all the little islands and jap spam.
    Last edited by RazoR; February 21 2017 at 11:12:03 PM.

Played the Black Ice mod because this forum reminded me it existed. Lots of experience with it in HOI 3 so no worries. Started as Brazil to get my feet wet in the UI and whatnot.

Didn't take long to be reminded why I stopped play BICE in HOI3... The modifiers. It just becomes modifier stacking to an absolutely stupid degree. Around 1943 I had all of South America under my control with the exception of Peru, which became commie by way of weird peace conference wizardry. I was at war with allies since I was a war mongering bastard but all my ports were handled nicely so I was snug as a bug in S.A. Hung out and stocked up for a bit, made a +2 fort on the jungle province bordering panama and I dropped a single 40 combat width modern armor/rocket artillery/mechanized division to defend it, then declared war on panama.

Didn't take long and the entire fecking American army starts rolling through with 40+ divisions and a bunch of other greasers. However with the skill 6 general, the terrain and fort bonuses, air superiority, tech, entrenchment, ect ect. they were smashing against a 8100 defense division...

Not to mention naval combat was broken (navies attacking convoys for hours without disengaging), air combat is broken (4000 fighters in a region, 63 total combined losses from a year of air superiority), and the expanded tech tree takes a normal act like building factories and makes it into a convoluted mess which research time is now 5x longer, which in turn makes a campaign 5x longer.

TLDR fuck black ice mod, uninstall.

Tried Ethiopia in the Great War mod. 1910 start, quickly get research and production going, national focus with a single province is hilarious. Level 10 airbase and infrastructure by around 1914? Why yes of course.

Went for collectivism to get rid of Western capitalist oppression. Joined Central Powers after Italy dragged the whole Entente into my war for Eritrea.

For some reason Brest-Litowsk fired in 1915 and Treaty of Versailles in 1916.

*Fuck*

All my gains gone. I had Eastern Africa firmly under my control from the Southern Egyptian border all the way to Lake Victoria.

Treaty of Versailles meant I was reduced to pre war borders.

*FINE*

Yeah next game is Millennium Dawn and my quest for a Thai Empire.

Or maybe Best Korea?

Or reclaiming Germany's place in the sun?

Vote now!

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget