hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: FHC Minecraft Mk9: potato popoto

Forgot to say, if you wanna screw around on my server shoot me a pm and i'll white list you and send ya the server info. Cant say how laggy it would be for you in the UK, but it works well enough for my friend from cali

Not sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk now Free

So if you have 1TB of space you can download a to scale recreation of Denmark in Minecraft now, assuming you can register on the website of the Danish Ministry of the Environment (broken when i tried to a few hours ago)

http://gst.dk/emner/frie-data/minecraft/

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i made some things :3

castle (everyone loves castles
      Spoiler:

farm
      Spoiler:

shit tower thing
      Spoiler:

house
      Spoiler:

forest tree house thing
      Spoiler:

water mill
      Spoiler:

power station
      Spoiler:

nice necro, I'm assuming that's on your machine since it looks to be a superflat...

I was hoping to get a server going on the latest DW20 build but my internets are too spotty right now to run a server even if I do have the equipment.

Been dicking about with the Horizons pack from FTB. It's similar enough with Thermal Expansion and what not but is more focused on dungeons and adventuring.

I really like the Rougelike Dungeons mod and the Farlanders mod.

Rougelike dungeons is what it sounds like.

Farlanders adds Ender-esque NPC's to the world ranging from random huts to cities guarded by Ender Giants that will straight up murder you.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbanite View Post
    Been dicking about with the Horizons pack from FTB. It's similar enough with Thermal Expansion and what not but is more focused on dungeons and adventuring.

I really like the Rougelike Dungeons mod and the Farlanders mod.

Rougelike dungeons is what it sounds like.

Farlanders adds Ender-esque NPC's to the world ranging from random huts to cities guarded by Ender Giants that will straight up murder you.
    I like farlanders and rouguelike but horizons is still on 1.6.4 from what I see so you miss out on some of the really cool new magic mods like blood magic botania witchery and the latest thaumcraft stuff. One of the things I really want to do is use the new floating island mechanic from botania to build a magic themed base.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    nice necro, I'm assuming that's on your machine since it looks to be a superflat...

I was hoping to get a server going on the latest DW20 build but my internets are too spotty right now to run a server even if I do have the equipment.
    It would be nice to play on a server again. The last one for me was killed when they guy who ran it opped a bunch of his mates and one decided to spawn a load of wisps causing people to abandon it en mass.

I've been playing the newest Resonant Rise myself. The prehistoric setting (or whatever it's called) is great for entertaining my 6 year old nephew with dinosaurs. The random meteors suck, though.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

yeah just creative superflat, no weather & no mobs

Soffles offered to run a Space Engineers server. Maybe we can get him to put up a Nerdcraft one.

Edit: Because I really need a game to waste loads of time on.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Elite dangerous? I'm wasting hours and hours of good time with it?

I tried the hermitcraft modsauce pack for a while, was good fun.

I don't have 60 dollars to buy a vidya game.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Creative superflat is for autists, anyone with any shred of pride plays survival only.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    anyone with any shred of pride plays survival only.

Xenosis's sister
    Which (specific!) mods are the cool kids using these days? Looking to play again, but I'd rather put the mods together myself than download a mega pack filled with crap that no one uses and runs like shit, crashes the server, and is generally unplayable. I'm largely interested in ComputerCraft/OpenComputers and so lots of redstone enabled blocks, while EntroX wants stuff along the lines of IC2's nuclear reactors and other fancy infrastructure.
    Last edited by Minion; January 7 2015 at 06:15:36 AM.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    There's this great mod called "Space Engineers" - you dont even need the original minecraft installed to play

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Which (specific!) mods are the cool kids using these days? Looking to play again, but I'd rather put the mods together myself than download a mega pack filled with crap that no one uses and runs like shit, crashes the server, and is generally unplayable. I'm largely interested in ComputerCraft/OpenComputers and so lots of redstone enabled blocks, while EntroX wants stuff along the lines of IC2's nuclear reactors and other fancy infrastructure.
    The tech stuff seems to be mostly around thermal expansion, big reactors, computercraft, enderIO, open blocks, extra utilities, funky locomotion and project red, I've been playing with thaumcraft botania and bloodmagic which are all getting to be pretty mature magic mods, there's also witchery which has tons of stuff in it for fucking with people. IMO our previous FTB servers weren't unstable due to the packs, it was more due to idiots generating mystcraft worlds, if we just banned discriptive books and limited chunk loading we'd be fine, I'm playing on a DW20 server right now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    The tech stuff seems to be mostly around thermal expansion, big reactors, computercraft, enderIO, open blocks, extra utilities, funky locomotion and project red, I've been playing with thaumcraft botania and bloodmagic which are all getting to be pretty mature magic mods, there's also witchery which has tons of stuff in it for fucking with people. IMO our previous FTB servers weren't unstable due to the packs, it was more due to idiots generating mystcraft worlds, if we just banned discriptive books and limited chunk loading we'd be fine, I'm playing on a DW20 server right now with no issues.
    DW20 pack is pretty good, EnderIO, TE and AE2 are mods I would massively miss and journey map makes exploring fun. Noticed that my server shits itself as soon as you enter a mystcraft age I had to give the server another 1GB to make them not kill the server only just make it lag out and that was only with a few players, which is a shame because Mystrcraft is great.
    1.7.10 is great and the mods that are available really very polished thanks to mostly being rewritten with a few years of experience behind them.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Xenosis's sister
    The tech stuff seems to be mostly around thermal expansion, big reactors, computercraft, enderIO, open blocks, extra utilities, funky locomotion and project red, I've been playing with thaumcraft botania and bloodmagic which are all getting to be pretty mature magic mods, there's also witchery which has tons of stuff in it for fucking with people.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

IMO our previous FTB servers weren't unstable due to the packs, it was more due to idiots generating mystcraft worlds, if we just banned discriptive books and limited chunk loading we'd be fine, I'm playing on a DW20 server right now with no issues.
    Sure, but there was also a problem with certain mods causing so many block updates non stop that it would endlessly max out my download, making it impossible to stay logged in, much less actually play. This is another thing partly down to players being dumb, but avoiding mods that wastefully spam the server like this would be ideal.

If you like more explorer/RPG type game play but still enjoy the techie stuff I can recommend FTB Horizons.

I would kill for an updated pack with Rougelike Dungeons.

Thats why I like Hermitcraft modsauce. They basically set you off with a mining world and a few other dimensions already sorted out so you can abuse those without causing the shit that mystcraft will cause.

Edit: What about a vanilla server? We haven't done that in ages. (I realise I asked for a modded space engineers server to add variety, this is different we normally play modded so would be nice to go back to vanilla)

Especially with an Amplified seed?