hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Multiplayer Alpha Test - Build Download

Multiplayer Alpha Test - Build Download

Server is now down. Thanks everyone who helped.

32 Client Build
    64 Client Build

Game server IP is 83.222.241.77

password is derp

please jump on TS

Server will be a bit light on people until 7

Teamspeak Details

IP = 178.79.183.130
    Password: @bg3nes1s!!

Use the FHC Multiplayer Test Channel (password NicholaiPestot)

Backup Teamspeak Details

neckbeards.co.uk:9987
    pass is "anv"

Use the "I don't want to live on this planet..." channel (very bottom - no password)
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; January 12 2014 at 10:06:23 PM.

Good stuff so far, quite a few little issues identified.

Main stress test will be at 7

That's 7 PM GMT I guess? So in 30 minutes?

Oh god the lag when we went past 4 people.

Server resources are barely being used, but when people start mashing control buttons in the middle of a furball everything slows down. Seems to be something to do with steering input.

I did have limits in place to prevent this data being transfered too often, but it does not seem to be working correctly - the logs show far more transmission than I was expecting.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; January 12 2014 at 07:26:30 PM.

Yup, it's a bit laggy.

Regarding the steering input. I have no clue what I am (was) doing, so I went the old tested model of pushing all butans. It kinda worked.

Issues/Bugs I had:

Scroll + right mouse messes with speed

roll does not rolll around the centre of the ship, rather a point which seems just in front of the red light and intersects the loop where the arty guns were. If that makes sense?

Also for camera controls. Invert the up/down.

Xenosis's sister
    If you charge your shields to full and leave it alone, they will continuously consume fuel despite being full. On the other hand, you can charge to full and press Maintain, then it takes no fuel to remain at full

Also, I guess disconnects look like dying in this game =P

Lots of good feedback. Quite a few fixes to apply. Despite the latency issues we were having I still got the impression people were having fun violenceing boats.

Thanks all.

I leave you with a screenshot Spangs unshielded anus being shelled by Rami as they trade artillery and autocannon fire. Good times.

Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; January 12 2014 at 11:21:58 PM.

Yeah it was enjoyable despite that. Ships a bit heavy on the forward firepower, and difference between sides/rest shields was rather big. No rear shield was great, managing shields + manouveres was awesome. Esp vs multiples I had shields come down at critical moments because I wasn't paying attention to my fuel (baddy that I am). If you want to differentiate turn rates with speeds to make it fun, don't do linear from max rate at zero speed but do a hyperbola like in my fantastic paint image. (f.e. max rate is somewhere between 50-70% max speed) Keeps it interesting. Then again, you might not as it would make no sense in vacuum. To add to feature bloat, I'd like to line up my turrets before comming into range & UI could use some targetting feedback (other then turrets LoF).

Overal felt very much like a manual control of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4y2T0-skM
    And in my mind it was looking like that as well .

Speed vs Rate:
    Last edited by Torashuu; January 12 2014 at 11:23:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Yeah it was enjoyable despite that. Ships a bit heavy on the forward firepower, and difference between sides/rest shields was rather big. No rear shield was great, managing shields + manouveres was awesome. Esp vs multiples I had shields come down at critical moments because I wasn't paying attention to my fuel (baddy that I am). If you want to differentiate turn rates with speeds to make it fun, don't do linear from max rate at zero speed but do a hyperbola like in my fantastic paint image. (f.e. max rate is somewhere between 50-70% max speed) Keeps it interesting. Then again, you might not as it would make no sense in vacuum. To add to feature bloat, I'd like to line up my turrets before comming into range & UI could use some targetting feedback (other then turrets LoF).

Overal felt very much like a manual control of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4y2T0-skM
    And in my mind it was looking like that as well .

Speed vs Rate:
    I'd like to echo torashuu's recommendation of pre-aiming your turrets. In my mind the game played like galleon fighting in space. Slowly move into position.

"Ready with a broadside Mr. Tims.... FIRE!!!"

And despite the slow movement I found it quite fast paced and really had to keep your head on a swivel. (Great incentive to put time into the camera controls)

Hearing you all loud and clear about the handling and camera controls. Plus the rest.

Good feedback. Keep it coming
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; January 13 2014 at 12:32:45 AM.