hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mocap done in the imaginarium studio.

Spoiler:

Fired up the free trial short yesterday.. tbh aside from the facial animations (which generally aint as bad as the worst examples posted either) i dont really have complaints so far.

ME games never were the most polished, were they?

Not that thats an excuse. But i m pretty sure i ll enjoy the game :P

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Expectations dropping faster than something that would drop really fast
    this actually had me in stiches. have to buy this game now.

How's the music? I always thought the music in mass effect was great at creating atmosphere and tone, I'd probably buy it just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    How's the music? I always thought the music in mass effect was great at creating atmosphere and tone, I'd probably buy it just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its good Mass Effect music. It's different but instantly "Oh, thats Mass Effect then".

No surprises there.

Fuck me that guy is a painful edgelord.

And i agree with a lot of what he says, at least for the few minutes i could stand. His videos are and always have been painful shitty tripe.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 18 2017 at 06:30:44 PM.

that was entertaining.

much more so than what I've seen of the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    He kinda reminded me of you tbh mate

only messing.

just to be clear my hatred for him does not stem from this review, i had his videos repeatedly recommended on youtube to me for a while and i tried listening a couple of times and fucking hated every second of it every time :P

Did the 1st mission and ran around on nexus a bit, tbh i cant see where the really overblown hate comes from.
    Its ringing the ME vibes for me ...
    Could they have done better? Oh sure ...
    (the falling off cliff and instant reload is a bit of a wtf though ... at least i m used to either die or simply not being able to fall off, odd mechanics choice)

As for somebody never having looked at a ME game, then looking at ME and expecting an open world game (was/is it advertised as such even?)... well, yes ... i can see how that could be disappointing :P

i ll buy it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Could they have done better? Oh sure ...
    Careful comrade — you are one step away from "better is the enemy of good".

If everyone doesn't treat me like an uppity shit after the dad dies and rather just prop me up as the new master saviour of the universe and, at the same time, tell me what i should be doing all the way like they did in DAI i'm gonna be disappointed.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 19 2017 at 12:29:01 AM.

Not played DAI, only DA ... sequels are kinda on todo, along with skyrim and witcher 3, so it might be a while :P

Yeah .. i probably should rephrase "Should they have done better? Yes, i guess ..."

Still, i can live with the flaws i saw so far, for the sake of some more ME ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

And i agree with a lot of what he says, at least for the few minutes i could stand. His videos are and always have been painful shitty tripe.
    He's not wrong about anything though. I also have no clue who this guy is.

When he started going off about how bad the combat is, I noticed that dissent started to rise in me at first, but combat is a bad, borked affair in every Mass Effect game since 1 with the exact same issues he describes. When you assume the role of a non-involved consumer who goes into the series fresh and starts to rightfully complain about the skeet shooting gallery and akward, auto-aiming dilettantism which is ME combat...what worthwhile counter argument could you bring? That it used to be much worse, watching player and enemy models play out their diceroll routine?

The only reason I can appreciate ME combat is because I distinctily remember boredly watching my KOTOR character fail flurry upon flurry in a row but it not really mattering because my party was already OP as fuck (I subsequently beat the final boss of KOTOR2 by alternatingly queuing up flurry and medpack use, what a sorry shitshow of a final fight that was) at that point and spamming down the arena enemies in the beginning of ME1 with 12 of the 40 grenades I had already stocked up by that time, so wololol, and ME in the end was/should have never centrally been about combat anyway; it thus was always rightfully the weakest aspect of the series; and fuck this cheap Telltale iteration of ME made for teenagers in particular and good night.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 19 2017 at 01:55:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Expectations dropping faster than something that would drop really fast
    this actually had me in stiches. have to buy this game now.
    Now my plan is to play with the stock femryder and pretend the entire thing is an episode of Seinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

So I watched some shit from ME3 recently, and honestly the facial animations and running animations are... pretty much the same as they are on ME:A. I think most of the hate comes from the fact that Bioware simply have made zero improvement in 5 years. Which is inexcusable, but pretty solidly par for the course for Bioware.

Meanwhile we've had games like Witcher 3 which actually put out really good animation and have spoiled us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    So I watched some shit from ME3 recently, and honestly the facial animations and running animations are... pretty much the same as they are on ME:A. I think most of the hate comes from the fact that Bioware simply have made zero improvement in 5 years. Which is inexcusable, but pretty solidly par for the course for Bioware.

Meanwhile we've had games like Witcher 3 which actually put out really good animation and have spoiled us.
    Yeah, bio games have always been janky I'm both appearance and imo actual dialogue.

I think in top of it the issue is the rest of the game just looks really Damn good with the environment and such, so the shitty faces and animations REALLY stands out.

Again though, nobody had an excuse to buy the game without trying it first. Get thatdamn trial and decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 19 2017 at 05:35:28 AM.

So far, very much enjoying it. After a couple of hours it opens up and becomes really engaging.
    Verdict: will play a lot, like other MEs (which, tbh, it is better than in most respects).