hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda

:myfaceistired:

Spoiler:

Also, no chair man at the bar:

How do fingers work?

Last edited by kyrieee; March 16 2017 at 02:26:48 PM.

Downloading trial, will report on awfulness or lack thereof.

All the early reports say it gets a lot better after a couple of hours (except RPS, which just hated it period). We'll see i guess.

Apparently most of the original bioware staff who made KOTOR and ME1 etc are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post

Spoiler:

How do fingers work?

Wow.. At least Fallout 4 had decent voice acting. That was probably worse than the BBS videos from Elite: First Enounters.

TRIPLE A GAME BOYZ

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Apparently most of the original bioware staff who made KOTOR and ME1 etc are long gone.
    How is that news to anyone?

Just saying that its bioware in name only

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post

Spoiler:

How do fingers work?

Wow.. At least Fallout 4 had decent voice acting. That was probably worse than the BBS videos from Elite: First Enounters.

TRIPLE A GAME BOYZ
    it even had better face generation by miles, and facial animations were better

on a fucking bethesda game

just got through chargen right now and dear fucking god it's nothing but monsters and you can barely change them in any significant ways

SKYRIM with a few basic mods looks a million times better jesus christ

[update] game doesnt look quite as bad as that video, maybe its the area lighting or lower settings on purpose, but yeah the faces are pretty awful all around even with that

the weirdest thing is the facial animations are at times great and at times utter shit, feels like a rushed patchwork job all around... they also do this weird filter thingy to show stress wrinkles on the face and shit which looks awful

you are also the glorious hero solving all of the issues the idiots cant deal with one minute in already

would be better if YOU WOULD STOP FUCKING ZOOMING IN 10CM FROM THE FACE ALL THE FUCKING TIME WHEN YOUR FACES ARE SO FUCKING AWFUL GODDAMN

also whoever programmed the eye movement is an autistic shit who's never interacted with a human being irl

bonus point: game doesnt fucking work with my xbox360 pad, controls all messed up
    Last edited by Isyel; March 16 2017 at 04:09:38 PM.

So what you're saying is.. game of the year material IGN 11/10 Isyel?

IE a must buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    So what you're saying is.. game of the year material IGN 11/10 Isyel?

IE a must buy?
    Definitely Zelda/10, or pineapples, whichever scoring system you prefer.

Oh 5 minutes later it irrecoverably crashed my PC. Launching again now.

[edit]

Gotta say though, game is very very pretty for the most part, ignoring faces.

[Conclusion for today] Played like an hour, finished the intro planet thingy. Exploration and gameplay are fun, game looks pretty as hell if we ignore faces, quality textures etc. Seems to run well too. Dialogue and music and shit cliche as fuck, per modern bioware standards, but it doesn't make me actively rage at it ALL the time, as simplistic and dumb as it is. Odd arbitrary skippable/unskippable dialogue bits though.

The story bits that really made me annoyed were the bits where we're meant to feel EMOTIONS for characters we barely know cant really give much of a shit about. You basically lose all of your family within the first hour but it feels so simplistic and empty !!!EMOTIONS!!!. Meh.

Game feels OK though, i am interested in playing more and finding out more about the world.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 16 2017 at 05:50:41 PM.

Expectations dropping faster than something that would drop really fast

I know nothing about the game, but does it feel like they're using high-poly faces without any motion capture?

Noot Noot

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Expectations dropping faster than something that would drop really fast
    Was the point of that first scene for the turian to hand over his pistol? Geez this just looks bad.

I'm going to get flamed to hell for this, but I don't care....
    It's just Mass Effect, which is what I wanted. Very similar feel, nicer environments, standard terrible writing.

So far not disappointed. Can also guarantee that most people here will either hate it, or say they hate it /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I know nothing about the game, but does it feel like they're using high-poly faces without any motion capture?
    good fucking morning

ME1 was 100% mocap goodness. ME2 and 3 dropped MoCap for general animations but kept the facial afaik.
    DAI and this joke's animations are probably scripted by indians, of the bad kind.

Plot twist: its all part of the reveal, Cerberus replaced everyone on the Pathfinder mission with androids while we werent looking, but to deliver in time they had to outsource to the Elcor. That lets them save tons of money on hibernation tech, all stasis pods are just mock ups.

In the later half the game turns into a Ghost in the Shell type exploration of what it means to be human/sentient/an individual and free will vs Cerberus programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Plot twist: its all part of the reveal, Cerberus replaced everyone on the Pathfinder mission with androids while we werent looking, but to deliver in time they had to outsource to the Elcor. That lets them save tons of money on hibernation tech, all stasis pods are just mock ups.

In the later half the game turns into a Ghost in the Shell type exploration of what it means to be human/sentient/an individual and free will vs Cerberus programming.
    by this point i am sure half of FHC would make better writers than what DAI and MEA had

I bet we wont be seeing any character pooping. Checkmate atheists.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Just saying that its bioware in name only
    It's been Bioware in name only since before DAO fam
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]