hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 727

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda

  1. #1
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland, OOS
    Posts
    25,908

    Mass Effect: Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post


    Surprised no one made a thread about this yet.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 8 2016 at 07:18:09 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    North Britain
    Posts
    1,998
    what time frame is it set in ?

  3. #3
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland, OOS
    Posts
    25,908
    Quote Originally Posted by KathDougans View Post
    what time frame is it set in ?
    Supposedly somewhere in the future~~

  4. #4
    kyrieee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    derp
    Posts
    2,641
    Don't know how to feel about it.
    Even setting the ending aside I don't much care for ME3 and I can't bring myself to finish my second playthrough of it (the only good stuff are some character moments, like shooting bottles as well as the Citadel DLC). Additionally this game is supposedly being made by the same side-studio whose only ME credit is the Arrival and Omega DLC, which are by far the two worst pieces of content in all of Mass Effect (ME3 ending aside).

  5. #5
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,616
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Don't know how to feel about it.
    Even setting the ending aside I don't much care for ME3 and I can't bring myself to finish my second playthrough of it (the only good stuff are some character moments, like shooting bottles as well as the Citadel DLC). Additionally this game is supposedly being made by the same side-studio whose only ME credit is the Arrival and Omega DLC, which are by far the two worst pieces of content in all of Mass Effect (ME3 ending aside).
    This.

  6. #6
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,435
    If they had something worth showing, they'd be showing it off. That they aren't speaks volumes.

    Supposedly it's in a playable state, and all we know right now is that it exists? This late in the development cycle? They're testing the waters. Means they're not confident about its quality, or they'd be showing it off to everybody instead of showing nothing and saying "yep, don't worry, it's good".
    Last edited by Steph; January 6 2014 at 01:45:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  7. #7

    Join Date
    July 17, 2011
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    If they had something worth showing, they'd be showing it off. That they aren't speaks volumes.

    Supposedly it's in a playable state, and all we know right now is that it exists? This late in the development cycle? They're testing the waters. Means they're not confident about its quality, or they'd be showing it off to everybody instead of showing nothing and saying "yep, don't worry, it's good".
    >2014
    >being shocked by EA.

    edit:

    also what the fuck is this whole NOOOO its totally not Mass Effect 4 Shepard's not in it bullshit? Mass Effect, not Ass Effect or Shepard Effect.

  8. #8
    Movember 2012 ElweSingollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,630
    will be terribru and ironically I am playing through ME2 atm again trying to get my male playthrough done so I can then play all the way through me3 until the end of the Citadel DLC at wich point the game ends with shepard victorious and riding of into the sunset with Tali.

    Headcanon best canon.

  9. #9
    pratell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    North Dakka
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by ElweSingollo View Post
    will be terribru and ironically I am playing through ME2 atm again trying to get my male playthrough done so I can then play all the way through me3 until the end of the Citadel DLC at wich point the game ends with shepard victorious and riding of into the sunset with Tali.

    Headcanon best canon.
    i have a theory that the ME3 ending was the anime illuminati reaching out to western audiences. considering 99% of anime has a worse ending than ME3, the AI (anime illuminati, coincidental acronym) figure if people will eat that shit they can handle anything japan throws at them.
    Image

  10. #10
    Donor Devec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Dutchlands
    Posts
    3,623
    I'll play it, probably.
    [~A place to talk about autism~]



    "You can't alt tab from god"

  11. #11

    Join Date
    July 17, 2011
    Posts
    1,604
    tentatively interested in the multiplayer mode (if it's coming back)

  12. #12
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland, OOS
    Posts
    25,908
    Quote Originally Posted by jbend9620 View Post
    tentatively interested in the multiplayer mode (if it's coming back)
    There's badframe for that.

  13. #13
    Super VIP Dot Kransthow's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    どんちゃかちゃっかー♪
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    considering 99% of anime has a worse ending than ME3

    THE FUCK YOU SAY.

  14. #14
    Ophichius's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    Hedonistic Imperative
    Posts
    5,218
    +1 thread? +1 thread.

    -O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

  15. #15
    Donor sharptoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6, 2012
    Location
    Snuffing Around your Corner
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Don't know how to feel about it.
    Even setting the ending aside I don't much care for ME3 and I can't bring myself to finish my second playthrough of it (the only good stuff are some character moments, like shooting bottles as well as the Citadel DLC). Additionally this game is supposedly being made by the same side-studio whose only ME credit is the Arrival and Omega DLC, which are by far the two worst pieces of content in all of Mass Effect (ME3 ending aside).
    This.
    This is my concern.

    That and every game made under the EA banner seems to get gradually worse as things go.

    BF4 is still a huge disappointment as far as I am concerned, Mass Effect 3 was Ok once they added the new endings.

    EvE: Danny John-Peter
    Everything Else: Sharptoast

  16. #16
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Posts
    415
    Seems everything needing said has been said, to sum up -

    ME1 - Quite good.
    ME2 - Reasonable, no wait wheres my fucking moon buggy.
    ME3 - Shit boring, should have ended before now. Wait it ended wish I did'nt bother.

  17. #17
    Tetsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7, 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    I want to believe this will be ok, but I can't

    And I'm real happy for you and I'ma let you finish but Mass Effect 2 was the best Mass Effect of all time.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    North Britain
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KathDougans View Post
    what time frame is it set in ?
    Supposedly somewhere in the future~~
    So, after Shepard did what-ever with the Reapers and the mass relays and all that hoopla ?

    so it would say that Shepard chose 1 of the 4 possible endings in ME3, and therefore rule out the other 3, yes ?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,146
    Could just make it a prequel and avoid all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

    WoT: Redglare[VPG]

  20. #20
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,263
    As much as they painted themselves into a corner with that fucking ending, every single game has held my attention long enough for me to complete it.

    I still haven't finished Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 3 / NV, etc.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •