hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

So if there is no sight for the bow in archery, why the hell is the bow helld to the side of where I'm looking instead of where I would hold it in reality? Going down the "difficulty == realism" path here or what?

The game seems interesting, but it seems a bit small for what they try to showcase. I mean, that stealing from the trader scene. How often are you going to see that happen realy? How many traders are there traveling around this 16 km^2 area? That's not a very long walk from end to end. In comparison, the pubg desert map is 64 km^2

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    So if there is no sight for the bow in archery, why the hell is the bow helld to the side of where I'm looking instead of where I would hold it in reality? Going down the "difficulty == realism" path here or what?

The game seems interesting, but it seems a bit small for what they try to showcase. I mean, that stealing from the trader scene. How often are you going to see that happen realy? How many traders are there traveling around this 16 km^2 area? That's not a very long walk from end to end. In comparison, the pubg desert map is 64 km^2
    You also run a 100m in about 7 seconds in pubg so it’s not really a fair comparison.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Yeah the scale of PUBG is fucked to the point where distance markers are only good for zeroing and nothing else

Mostly excited for this game because it looks like the first game since Witcher 2 to do forests properly

Steam codes are available for backers btw - can find it on your WHS profile page

I'm counting hours...

Can be had with the FEB20 coupon code on GMG (note, I haven't tried that yet) for $47 or so.

PartyElite (usually does total war warhammer videos) has just put up a 1hr lets play up for this. No idea if its a good watch or not yet.

Apparently the lead dev on this is now a massive racist because he has not included black people in his 14th century central European simulator. Not linking the article because I don't want the imbicile who wrote it to get any recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Apparently the lead dev on this is now a massive racist because he has not included black people in his 14th century central European simulator. Not linking the article because I don't want the imbicile who wrote it to get any recognition.
    Old news.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Fuck off to the polcor thread

In other news, this game seems to be Stalker-tier janky and most of the reviews say that it's not particularly fun to actually play

Meh/10, might buy in 6 months if they patch it

Oh also apparently drops to sub 30FPS with a 1080ti

Yeah seems to be a consensus to wait, which isn't really surprising

Hmm first play through I ended up being thrown in jail for beating up a man who owed debts that i was told to collect, then the jail burnt down while i was in there , will have to try harder at finding alternatives to that quest next time.

Nt seen anything janky yet and actually quite playable even at low fps ~35fps on high settings, so far the gameplay is fantastic, the conversations are believable and I do feel (so far) that my choices have meaning.

I will say if you want to rush through just hitting all of the quest givers and not taking your time, I think you will be disappointed, if on the other hand you prefer to use walk over run and hate games that set everything so far apart that sprinting is the only option then this game is probably worth a look.
    Will give more opinion when i have got a bit further in, though I will say they have got a really great historic vibe going on, with nothing so far that breaks it.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Got a bit to much affected by the hype, and bought it today . According to a friend of mine, it would be an RPG where you have lots of freedom and your choices matter. So far, that at least doesnt mean making a choice in what quest to do, or in what order. Not following the suggested route, and I ended up with invisible walls, quest not spawning, etc.. You might be able to solve a quest with Speech, Violence or Stealth, but you will solve that quest regardless.

Combat is very clunky, and feels extremely unnatural. So far, I am winning my fights, but no idea how. I just randomly punch keys suggested by the game, but no real idea on what I'm trying to accomplish, untill the enemy dies. Might become better when further in the game.

Plenty of bugs. So far got send to jail by an invisible enemy, was speeding across the countryside on a very fast invisible horse that suddenly drove into a tree and kept me circling the tree untill enemy horse archers killed me, sometimes the same weapons I am able to equip and use, later are considered Quest items, and not weapons to be able to use in fighting. Also, the limmited Savegame opportunities really piss me off when confronted with weirdness like this.

Animations and voice acting is pretty horrible, and those wooden cutscenes in the middle of action sequences don't do much for my immersion.

The setting is really nice, and the non-fantasy/historical RPG angle is awesome, but I think I will wait a couple of months/ year untill either the game has improved or there are better guides available.
    Last edited by Mi Lai; February 13 2018 at 04:56:07 PM.
    WOT & WT: Kyril

I agree with the having to do quests but it is an rpg not an open world survival game. But i disagree with the cutscenes and voice acting, I think they are fantastic it is a little odd to hear several 'rustic' accents from different countries from villagers but so far the choice of accents i think helps out a lot.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Getting drunk and doing quests/sidequests where dialogue is an essential part for completion is a bit hilarious

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Also, a good first impression in making an entrance is the key to success with NPC dialogue!

https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome...r_schnapps_pc/

Mod to remove that retard fucking save item requirements. Only a mouth breathing moron think's limiting saves is a good idea.

Rough around the edges (animation mostly) but very, very compelling so far. Atmo is alright, historical accuracy up the ass. Certainly like the speech, proper fucking communication for once.
    Gameplay mechanics are fresh enough while straightforward and intuitive and i just can't wait to get my ass handed to me in an actual swordfight, although first person design brings out some awkwardness outside combat imo. Kinda like TES i guess.

Spoiler:
    I just ran because surely a couple of fully equipped cumans are more than enough for my bare arse and the presumably fine sword but a dialogue down the road implied it is possible to save theresa? I already had arrows flying at and in me so probably not.

My (t)rusty 560 runs it just over 30 in low 720p while the fidelity has nothing on other cryengine gayms i've played so i suppose some optimization will come sooner or later.

P.S.: spent like half an hour picking nettle and chamomiles, send help
    Last edited by RazoR; February 14 2018 at 01:35:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome...r_schnapps_pc/

Mod to remove that retard fucking save item requirements. Only a mouth breathing moron think's limiting saves is a good idea.
    it's the very first mod now

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1
    Last edited by RazoR; February 14 2018 at 01:43:45 AM.