hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Can't speak for anyone else but I didn't miss being told to get training. However, the game doesn't really give you a chance until Neuhof - prior to that it's all timed quests. I went off to get trained at the start of the Neuhof mission and prior to that before going on the hunting mission with Capon, but each time I got quest failed notifications so I had to reload the save and go do the quest instead.

Looking back maybe they were only 'partial' fails or something - maybe I could have not bothered meeting Bernard in the courtyard before going to the burning stable and just gone their in my own time but the character is supposed to be a peasant and you spend half the intro getting yelled at for being snarky to your betters, so I figured I'd better do what I was told and maybe when I get a break to do shit on my own then I can go train.

Even the two bandits aren't telegraphed as being particularly harder than any of the weaksauce enemies you've seen before that point, even when/if you actually speak to them. It was only when I went back to Bernard and asked for help that the character says 'they look pretty tough' and that's it. Everything else (if there is anything else before that hinting that they're hardcases) before that just fades into the normal background of shitty NPC conversation.

This game does not inform you of this stuff sufficiently, or give you time to do it, prior to the first serious combat of the game. Where (if) it does, it does it in such a shitty way that it can be easily missed or outright contradicts the message by bitching at you for ignoring your peers, and most of the time it doesn't at all - as evidenced by the huge wave of criticism in respect of the combat. People can spout 'git gud' and other bollocks all they fucking like, it doesn't change the fact. Anyone doing that comes across as exactly the sort of smug self-important fuckhat that Yahtzee rightly hammers in the ZP review.
    Last edited by Saul; March 7 2018 at 05:29:01 PM.

So the main quest at the monastery was a lot of fun! It was hard to get in the monastery with the people of Sassau hating me for killing all their pet dogs (I need dog pelts for wallets)

I really hate the mechanic where people stop liking you even they didnt see your crime. Even hunters hate you for poaching in the woods where you are completely alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So the main quest at the monastery was a lot of fun! It was hard to get in the monastery with the people of Sassau hating me for killing all their pet dogs (I need dog pelts for wallets)

I really hate the mechanic where people stop liking you even they didnt see your crime. Even hunters hate you for poaching in the woods where you are completely alone...
    New guy nobody knows arrives, suddenly all dogs are missing / animals are dying all over the place.

:thinking:

Thought someone as distrusting of foreigners as you would grasp this concept naturally.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

awwww snap

them fucking slav immigrants
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

5gb update..

i just wanted to swing my sworb around maaan

edit: after spending all the day looking for a bed to save, their is now a quit and save option.. thats a nice convenience indeed.
    Last edited by Leviathan; March 9 2018 at 09:34:49 PM.

Reading patchnotes help. They apparently glanced over the balance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

New guy nobody knows arrives, suddenly all dogs are missing / animals are dying all over the place.

:thinking:

Thought someone as distrusting of foreigners as you would grasp this concept naturally.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    New guy that everybody likes and knows because he's taking care of all the bandits in the area?

new guy killing all the bandits with all the dog wallet/hat/brogues.

What i find funny is Im the hunt master of the talberg place, go out hunting a rabbit for the big old gay feast and shome sheister talberg soldiers all "whyd you kill that poor animal" - no "im the fucking hunt master you bell lob" choice. Had to pay 60 shittos

So I didnt except that ending. I thought I was gonna be an owner of a castle

So I didnt except that ending. I thought I was gonna be an owner of a castle

Still haven't fixed Robber Baron questline
    Battle doesn't end for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Still haven't fixed Robber Baron questline
    Battle doesn't end for me.
    Same problem.