hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Can't speak for anyone else but I didn't miss being told to get training. However, the game doesn't really give you a chance until Neuhof - prior to that it's all timed quests. I went off to get trained at the start of the Neuhof mission and prior to that before going on the hunting mission with Capon, but each time I got quest failed notifications so I had to reload the save and go do the quest instead.

Looking back maybe they were only 'partial' fails or something - maybe I could have not bothered meeting Bernard in the courtyard before going to the burning stable and just gone their in my own time but the character is supposed to be a peasant and you spend half the intro getting yelled at for being snarky to your betters, so I figured I'd better do what I was told and maybe when I get a break to do shit on my own then I can go train.

Even the two bandits aren't telegraphed as being particularly harder than any of the weaksauce enemies you've seen before that point, even when/if you actually speak to them. It was only when I went back to Bernard and asked for help that the character says 'they look pretty tough' and that's it. Everything else (if there is anything else before that hinting that they're hardcases) before that just fades into the normal background of shitty NPC conversation.

This game does not inform you of this stuff sufficiently, or give you time to do it, prior to the first serious combat of the game. Where (if) it does, it does it in such a shitty way that it can be easily missed or outright contradicts the message by bitching at you for ignoring your peers, and most of the time it doesn't at all - as evidenced by the huge wave of criticism in respect of the combat. People can spout 'git gud' and other bollocks all they fucking like, it doesn't change the fact. Anyone doing that comes across as exactly the sort of smug self-important fuckhat that Yahtzee rightly hammers in the ZP review.
    Last edited by Saul; March 7 2018 at 05:29:01 PM.

So the main quest at the monastery was a lot of fun! It was hard to get in the monastery with the people of Sassau hating me for killing all their pet dogs (I need dog pelts for wallets)

I really hate the mechanic where people stop liking you even they didnt see your crime. Even hunters hate you for poaching in the woods where you are completely alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So the main quest at the monastery was a lot of fun! It was hard to get in the monastery with the people of Sassau hating me for killing all their pet dogs (I need dog pelts for wallets)

I really hate the mechanic where people stop liking you even they didnt see your crime. Even hunters hate you for poaching in the woods where you are completely alone...
    New guy nobody knows arrives, suddenly all dogs are missing / animals are dying all over the place.

:thinking:

Thought someone as distrusting of foreigners as you would grasp this concept naturally.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

awwww snap

them fucking slav immigrants
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

5gb update..

i just wanted to swing my sworb around maaan

edit: after spending all the day looking for a bed to save, their is now a quit and save option.. thats a nice convenience indeed.
    Last edited by Leviathan; March 9 2018 at 09:34:49 PM.

Reading patchnotes help. They apparently glanced over the balance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

New guy nobody knows arrives, suddenly all dogs are missing / animals are dying all over the place.

:thinking:

Thought someone as distrusting of foreigners as you would grasp this concept naturally.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    New guy that everybody likes and knows because he's taking care of all the bandits in the area?

new guy killing all the bandits with all the dog wallet/hat/brogues.

What i find funny is Im the hunt master of the talberg place, go out hunting a rabbit for the big old gay feast and shome sheister talberg soldiers all "whyd you kill that poor animal" - no "im the fucking hunt master you bell lob" choice. Had to pay 60 shittos

So I didnt except that ending. I thought I was gonna be an owner of a castle

So I didnt except that ending. I thought I was gonna be an owner of a castle

Still haven't fixed Robber Baron questline
    Battle doesn't end for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Still haven't fixed Robber Baron questline
    Battle doesn't end for me.
    Same problem.

So most (not all) of the bugs are fixed, some DLC is coming (first one in July - rebuild Pribyslavitz), and a free hardcore mode just landed.

Hardcore Mode

A new game mode aimed at maximum immersion. Think of it more as a survival type RPG, where you will need to pay even more attention to Henry's health, stamina, energy, and nourishment, including his location/whereabouts. The HUD has been significantly altered and simplified. Map navigation and compass have been reworked so that players have to navigate using landmarks. Fast travel is disabled and overall survival (staying fed and rested) is more difficult. Combat is a lot more realistic and fairer to your opponents. There are harsher penalties for using damaged items, so taking regular care of your equipment is a must. And because public health in 1403 is not at its best, your existence will be more troublesome due to the addition of certain permanent ailments that can optionally further scale the level of difficulty as you see fit. Hardcore Mode targets repeat players seeking new challenges, but also new players who would like a more realistic experience.

The Facts

North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
    Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
    Fast travel isn't possible in Hardcore Mode.
    There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
    You can't rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.You're only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
    Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
    Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
    Negative Perks

You will need to choose at least 2 negative perks which will last throughout the entire game. Think of them as permanent debuffs that will make Henry's adventure in the world of Bohemia that much more difficult! And if you really think you have what it takes, go ahead and select every one of them.
    Nightmares: Every time you wake up you are shaken from your nightmare and suffer a short-term debuff. Sleeping becomes more of a "tactical" choice.
    Claustrophobic: When you close your helmet visor, your attack lowers. You have to choose between better protection or higher attack.
    Hemophilia: You bleed more which makes taking hits in combat riskier.
    Numbskull: Lowers your XP gain. A perfect perk for players who thought the vanilla skill progression was too fast and felt overpowered in the late game. It's more work to out level your opponents with this perk.
    Shakes: For true sadists. Makes aiming a bow and picking pockets and locks harder.
    Consumption: Your stamina regenerates slower. Combat is more challenging and requires thinking ahead of each strike.
    Tapeworm: You get hungry faster, and since eating from pots around the world is no longer such a viable option, this makes the survival element even more prominent.
    Sonambulant: Fun perk. There is a slight chance you will wake up somewhere else than where you fell asleep. Provides quite a challenge when you wake up in an unknown place and can't see your position on the map. Very rarely you can also sleepwalk your place to some secret areas.
    Brittle Bones: You must be careful while running down cliffs and riding a horse. Falls are more dangerous.
    Hardcore mode comes with 1.6 with more fixes etc. Looks kinda cool, might give it a go.

Tbh I expected we were gonna rebuild Pribyslavitz in vanilla

Tbh I expected we were gonna rebuild Pribyslavitz in vanilla
    We will in the new DLC, it seems.

Seen a few vids and hardcore mode will 'kill you' a few times before it even lets you start the game (nominally as a joke, I gather). Stuff like dying in childbirth etc. Weird.

Looks like the worst initial bit in hardcore mode is the ride to Talmberg after the attack on Skalitz - if you take the bleed out faster perk there's a good chance you bleed out before you get there, from the arrow hits.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Seen a few vids and hardcore mode will 'kill you' a few times before it even lets you start the game (nominally as a joke, I gather). Stuff like dying in childbirth etc. Weird.

Looks like the worst initial bit in hardcore mode is the ride to Talmberg after the attack on Skalitz - if you take the bleed out faster perk there's a good chance you bleed out before you get there, from the arrow hits.
    sounds like typical neckbeard autism from the devs tbh

What if you accidentaly cut yourself with a knife while eating pork and get gangrene and die while 50 hours in to the game? That would be great

What if you accidentaly cut yourself with a knife while eating pork and get gangrene and die while 50 hours in to the game? That would be great
    Life in Slovenia?