hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >realistic
    >hauling around 35kg of armor is no big deal since you become hercules irl in a week

i mean, full plate+mail obviously shouldn't give a single fuck but i don't expect the user to be able to bunnyhop around pulling headshots with a bow - numerically superior enemy could just kite and poke you with halberds to death
    easily fixed by mods though

can't wait for the ZP hnnnngh
    He's going to hate it...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    >realistic
    >hauling around 35kg of armor is no big deal since you become hercules irl in a week

i mean, full plate+mail obviously shouldn't give a single fuck but i don't expect the user to be able to bunnyhop around pulling headshots with a bow - numerically superior enemy could just kite and poke you with halberds to death
    easily fixed by mods though

can't wait for the ZP hnnnngh
    He's going to hate it...
    Hate ZP is best ZP~~

Not much stuff actually triggers yahtz nowadays.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Does anyone actually give a shit about ZP now?

his "thing" is boring, he's stated multiple times that he only does it because the escapist pays him to drive views.

35kg spread across the body is nothing and the guy was a blacksmiths apprentice so I doubt he has noodle arms

I'm first to laugh at the idea the game is somehow hyper realistic but still

Also bonus the usual great video about mobility and combat in 15th century armour

https://youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q

Now let's see if this goes the way it usually does.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 27 2018 at 04:29:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I don't wear any plate & still dgaf. Just parry/dodge & riposte all day.
    I so lol'd at the combat system when i realized that the optimal course of action is 1-2-hit killing fags while they're busy doing their standing up/running/unsheathing/whatever animation and dont defend, then run away/repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I don't wear any plate & still dgaf. Just parry/dodge & riposte all day.
    I so lol'd at the combat system when i realized that the optimal course of action is 1-2-hit killing fags while they're busy doing their standing up/running/unsheathing/whatever animation and dont defend, then run away/repeat.
    This is when i stealthkill two fags at camps if two sit on a single log.

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    >gaypad
    >saves
    yup, console problems

He used to be funny. Now he just sounds like a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    >gaypad
    >saves
    yup, console problems
    More like shitty design problems.

Also gaypad stopped being funny at maybe age 14 for most sane individuals you colossal manchild.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I see he got stuck at the same point I did, except I have no life so started again just to get past it.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    He always did, but at least it was witty. Now it's minimum effort rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    He always did, but at least it was witty. Now it's minimum effort rambling.
    +1

Yahtzee seems to have the same issue lots of other people have: shitty combat. Half the players would have you believe that it's just a case of learning shit properly (e.g. worthabuy chaps). Save thing is BS as well.

Torn on getting this. Poorly optimised + awful animations + fucktons 'o bugs + possibly shitty combat depending on who you believe vs supposedly well-realised open world RPG with politics and zero 'wizard did it' factor.

At the moment leaning towards holding off until they patch it, but have heard zero news on a patch whatsoever.

I too am holding off. Creative director twatter that patch 1.3 would be out this week. Suspect it'll need a couple of months at least though, like nearly all new games.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Yahtzee seems to have the same issue lots of other people have: shitty combat. Half the players would have you believe that it's just a case of learning shit properly (e.g. worthabuy chaps). Save thing is BS as well.

Torn on getting this. Poorly optimised + awful animations + fucktons 'o bugs + possibly shitty combat depending on who you believe vs supposedly well-realised open world RPG with politics and zero 'wizard did it' factor.

At the moment leaning towards holding off until they patch it, but have heard zero news on a patch whatsoever.
    I've not had any game breaking bugs. I did have some awful freezes/stutters, but that got cured when i installed win 10, no tricks found on google would make it run smoothly in win 7. Not seen many bugs beyond a few, like the horse getting stuck mid jump when it's not quite able to clear a fence so it hangs on the landing animation.
    I'm not particularly good at the combat in the game, but i have noticed that your characters level of combat skill of choice vs opponents weaponskills matter a lot. If you meet npcs with a higher level than you they riposte and block like mad and rarely falls for your feints. On the other hand the ones worse than you gets chopped to bits in no time at all.
    I quite like the game, but it isn't quite what i thought the game would be (i thought it would be mount and blade with better and more realistic combat and snazzier gfx).
    Combat is quirky and not any more realistic than say mount and blade or chivalry, but it works and certainly getting your weaponskills up helps a lot.
    All in all I do recommend the game if you want to play Witcher 3 minus monsters and magic, let your disposable income judge whether to get it now or on a sale.

I'd say the biggest turn off with this game is that is has less a difficulty curve than an inverted cliff. The beginning makes things as hard as it can & does a poor job of communicating the difference between what's hard because of the player's poor skills vs the character's. Then after you get to about lvl3-5 in a skill, suddenly it's like someone turned the difficulty level from expert to normal. The save potion is ridiculously expensive to buy, but once you learn to read it barely costs 5 groschen to brew your own. It's also less a case of go anywhere, do anything & more go anywhere, do everything. You don't so much pick a character type (warrior, archer etc) & stick to it throughout as you're expected to switch between weapons & tactics depending on the situation. But again that's mostly in the earlier parts, since power creep is pretty bad in this game & sooner or later you'll be beating fully plate armored knights with a shortsword. Enemy NPCs are quite defensive, which can make 1v1 fights feel rather slow. But I think the point is to encourage you to be aggressive, especially when outnumbered.

I'd say the biggest turn off with this game is that is has less a difficulty curve than an inverted cliff.
    Thats pretty standard in todays RPG design though, maybe especially bad here.

Hard-ish at start, faceroll once you figure out how to become OP.

yeah no i'd rather not have that

thankfully there are already mods around that fix up a ceiling

yeah no i'd rather not have that

thankfully there are already mods around that fix up a ceiling
    Skyrim V2

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk