hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

It's fine, I'm just gonna start a new game more prepped for what I need to do. It only irks me because up to that point the game both gives you multiple options to deal with any situation & the story keeps making the point that charging in like that ends badly. Then after 30ish hours Henry shouts "gimmie back my sword" & get locked in a room with a guy you know you can't beat, only this time it's exactly the dumb hero bullshit moment I thought this game was mocking & you better have been working on those combat skills &/or luck out with bow shots to continue.

edit: Doesn't help that this is also one of those Skyrim quest moments where the game is saying "slow down, buddy, maybe do something else" but the story is saying "Important shit is about to go down right now, hurry!"
    Last edited by Lancehot; February 18 2018 at 08:34:34 PM.

yeh that was pretty jarring but what are you gonna do? not have a climactic boss fight?
    i suppose there could be an option where like a minute in the fight radzig and robard get through and ask if you need any help

furthermore, training with bernard should be like mandatory or at least heavily hinted but then it's kinda woven into that hans bollocks as well
    Last edited by RazoR; February 18 2018 at 09:40:09 PM.

This is a game where body odor is a thing, so there's a lot to get your head around.

this quote is making me think of actually buying this game
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    idk the kind of gamers this game is marketed for should expect the main quest to be actually hard for once
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    This is a game where body odor is a thing, so there's a lot to get your head around.

this quote is making me think of actually buying this game
    It's a lot less than you think, and on the other hand it keeps shoving those things down at you way too aggressively, like those survival games. You take a bath and clean your clothes and pretty much by the time you're out of the bath area you're dirty and smelly again for example.

It's pretty great mind, I'd just wait for a few more patches if I were you.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2018 at 01:55:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    >have to talk with the monastery overseer but the door is locked
    >break in, see a locked chest
    >end up looting the entire monastery through the night
    This. I was commited to role play the character as a very decent, law abiding medieval citizen. A true knight. Then that quest popped up and I ended up on a rampage of looting and pillaging
    Same here!

Sofar I have:
    Fucked a "horse"
    Killed a Vicar
    Drunken rampage/orgy with a priest
    Fucked a lords wife

And I'm only 16h into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    >have to talk with the monastery overseer but the door is locked
    >break in, see a locked chest
    >end up looting the entire monastery through the night
    This. I was commited to role play the character as a very decent, law abiding medieval citizen. A true knight. Then that quest popped up and I ended up on a rampage of looting and pillaging
    Same here!

Sofar I have:
    Fucked a "horse"
    Killed a Vicar
    Drunken rampage/orgy with a priest
    Fucked a lords wife

And I'm only 16h into the game.
    p. sure everyone did all that

The whole Vicar drama-lama was just frustrating.
    Here I had for the first time started googling for what I was doing wrong.

But the Bauer bitch wouldn't listen. So then I went stabby with my sword on Vicar + entourage.
    Got me lots of stealth xp.

Also how I dealt with Bandit leaders. Sneak in at night, knock them out and stab.
    Run into the woods, put on armor and got darth maul on the lot.

With Runt, go for the headshots seriously.

The game makes a tip of aim for the weakspot, and well...that cunt ain't wearing a helmet.

Hitting opponents where they have zero or weak armour is a legit tactic.
    Putin 2012

Anyone doing bows as primary weapon choice?
    Shit or playable?

I'm like couple hours in, want to try the assassin style gameplay if at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Calgus View Post
    With Runt, go for the headshots seriously.

The game makes a tip of aim for the weakspot, and well...that cunt ain't wearing a helmet.

Hitting opponents where they have zero or weak armour is a legit tactic.
    Yeah I'm on Runt, the bandits east of Rattay, the leader there is fully armored and very skilled in combat.
    After dying to him three times, I said fuck it. I'll see you again tonight,your last night.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Shit or playable?

I'm like couple hours in, want to try the assassin style gameplay if at all possible
    Not very much at all probably, especially considering how the arrow speed is nerfed. Bow is for hunting and initial headshot only i'm afraid.

Yeah in combat bows are best used as a way to make 2v1 become 1v1 - or to support the friendly NPCs doing the melee. Assassins in this game use daggers.

On another note: if anyone hasn't been yet, pick stinging nettles & thistles. After a few minutes you get a permanent +2 vitality buff. Herbalism has some pretty neat perks considering how easy it is to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Yeah in combat bows are best used as a way to make 2v1 become 1v1 - or to support the friendly NPCs doing the melee. Assassins in this game use daggers.

On another note: if anyone hasn't been yet, pick stinging nettles & thistles. After a few minutes you get a permanent +2 vitality buff. Herbalism has some pretty neat perks considering how easy it is to level.
    I went for +2 charisma first, now I'm chasing a horse and so much flowers to pick in forest I will get it to lvl 10 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Shit or playable?

If you want to do that you're probably going to have to download some bow mods tbh.

Gonna go with melee and maybe stealthier approach where possible then. No mods, i'm even resisting installing the quicksave mod, though normally i'm a savescummer of the highest caliber in these kinds of games.

I've come around on the limited save feature. The Schnapps is pretty easy to make & so long as you're careful about how you progress through quests, you won't lose much progress. Indeed, one of the good things about it is that it makes me quick to consider alternative solutions when one isn't working, since each failure costs minutes rather than seconds. & you can always just abuse bed saves in needs be.

I really like using maces.

Yeah the reach is shorter and takes some adjusting to, but mace + shield is really effective against armoured targets. Can get a good effective mace cheap from the weapons seller in Rattay.
    Putin 2012

Yeah the reach is shorter and takes some adjusting to, but mace + shield is really effective against armoured targets. Can get a good effective mace cheap from the weapons seller in Rattay.
    Won't it zap your stamina instantly?

Maces are ridiculously good in the game from what i've seen during training tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Maces are ridiculously good in the game from what i've seen during training tbh.
    I'm finding it hard to level up weapons, not much to hit.