hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: DAYZ standalone is now on steam welp welp welp welp

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Hour played & all I have to show for it is a nice orange backpack, a shovel, an axe, an IV starter kit, a russian cheat sheet (?), some soda & no idea where I am or where I'm going. Also every time someone logs in it says they're using a modified .exe file, which I don't get. Saw one survivor so far, but they ran off. I'm lonely & confused.

edit: Bandanas take up so much space. Seems odd.
    that thing bout the notification is from arma2, ignore it.

yeah so far i have a purple backpack, axe, a p245 (some kinda handgun) with no ammo, a bloodbag but no food or water. oh i also have a bat, loot seems p rare. raided 3 barracks and all i found were boots and jeans so guess i was too late. oh, found a nice tactical jacket too, more holding slots. im p close to cherno, though im guessing that's going to be a deathtrap

edit; ive also ran into 8-9 survivors, killed one after they tried ambushing me with a shovel lol. most seem p nice but im guessing thats because they dont have guns
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

SUCCESS

e: actually it doesnt show but he is handcuffed
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

It's using the ARMA 2 engine?

I haven't followed DayZ lately, but wasn't the Standalone supposed to use the ARMA 3 engine?

I will play the shit out of it anyway. But, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    It's using the ARMA 2 engine?

I haven't followed DayZ lately, but wasn't the Standalone supposed to use the ARMA 3 engine?

I will play the shit out of it anyway. But, huh?
    no, they said arma 2.5 engine, a tweeked 2.0 engine basically, it was never going to be arma 3 though.

So is this still clunky and laggy, or did it becoming standalone solve some of that?
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

clunky, but it hasn't seemed too laggy. Then again all I've been able to do is get punched in the head at spawn so far.

Found a portable gas cooker wooo. Shame I have no idea how to cook or anything to cook on it. Met first survivor in an hour. They punched me in the head a few times then ran away when I got my shovel out. Still have no idea where I am, but I seem to be in a little village/hamlet on a railtrack with a mountain in the distance & the sea not far away. Had a display driver crash just now, which I will use as an oppertunity to go to bed before I end up playing all night for no obvious reason beyond trying to find where the fun is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post

SUCCESS

lookit you abusing the shit out of brightness and gamma

in other news, randomly joined the same session as dark flare lol, he's wandering out somewhere near berezinho, presumed lost and dead maybe.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

I'd by but fuck the arma 2 engine.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post

SUCCESS

lookit you abusing the shit out of brightness and gamma

in other news, randomly joined the same session as dark flare lol, he's wandering out somewhere near berezinho, presumed lost and dead maybe.
    confirm very lost and my guy is QQing about dizzy and shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Bought and downloaded already got lost!

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    DOWNLOAD FASTER U SHITTER!

some one ask entrox for a server
    Unfortunately according to everything I have seen there will be no private hives and hosting will only be done by the massive hosting companies, in the near future: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment...ing_explained/ and https://zombies.nu/community/threads/9388/

I

Second Novy sobor spawn ever in 1.5 years of dayz happened with my first char on standalone, grabbed bag and food / drink from there and Stary Sobor then headed straight for NW air field, had it to my self for over an hour, only thing i did not find was silencers or optics for my rifle (pistol has red dot). Got hit by zombies enough that I reckon one more and I am done for spent an almost an hour sat in the trees drank 3 cans 1 canteen and 1/3 water bottle ate 1 can tuna and 3/4 can of sardines but no blood regeneration.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    I'd by but fuck the arma 2 engine.
    Getting in on this.

:3

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    DOWNLOAD FASTER U SHITTER!

some one ask entrox for a server
    Unfortunately according to everything I have seen there will be no private hives and hosting will only be done by the massive hosting companies, in the near future: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment...ing_explained/ and https://zombies.nu/community/threads/9388/

I
    That's only initially

So far very little of the old ARMA 2 engine problems seem to be hurting game play. If you don't play it just because of that then that's your choice but it seems a pretty week reason.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    So far very little of the old ARMA 2 engine problems seem to be hurting game play. If you don't play it just because of that then that's your choice but it seems a pretty week reason.
    Wait 10 days and have someone else buy it for me.

Spawn... die to some faggot punching me while I chop his face with a hatchet. Hoggbert proceeds to steal the loot off my body.

Respawn... Balota Airfield free-for-all where I knock out 3 people at the same time (WTB title Balota Boxing Champion) but the 4th had a helmet and buggered off. No loot in the ATC or barracks except some shoes.

Test how far you can fall before dying... 1st story from a barn was fine. Went to drop off again and died.

Respawn... get lost because roads aren't the same from old DayZ maps. Welp
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Group of three, got Mosin and 2 M4's with fancy shit and about 500 rounds in total.

All die to a spastic door.

Its still got some of the ArmA problems but its an improvement, and if im not mistaken most of the work they have done the past 18 months has been on redesigning the engine from the ground up to allow them to shed these kinda bugs in the future so hopefully we will see this stuff disappear in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Can't attach long range scope to M4, can't get Weapon Flashlight to attach to weapon either - anyone have any idea re: these?