hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 347 of 408 FirstFirst ... 247297337344345346347348349350357397 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 8148

Thread: Movie Thread -Originally Posted by Paradox: I still love the moon btw

  1. #6921
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,088
    it's obviously the romance with renner that got everyone wet

  2. #6922
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,617
    Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    I know I'm a couple months late to the party but Arrival is pretty fucking good m8s
    for arrival "too late" is not an applicable concept
    hue hue
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

  3. #6923

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    I know I'm a couple months late to the party but Arrival is pretty fucking good m8s
    for arrival "too late" is not an applicable concept
    hue hue
    I vote to rename thread to Movie thread - has Arrivale'd


    Could have used like 10 more minutes to play out the relationship with Hawkguy, but i guess its an artistic choice to end it in the middle like it did.

    Its as close to a remake of Contact as we will ever get.

  4. #6924
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,581
    Id prefer a pun on lalalala land as the thread title. give me something good and ill change it.


    

  5. #6925
    Miriam Sasko's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    775
    Movie Thread - we have La La Landed on the Moon?

  6. #6926
    untilted's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    WoT: eyebot; W:EE: untilted
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Id prefer a pun on lalalala land as the thread title. give me something good and ill change it.
    in german i'd already have something ... so lala land (for non-natives: so lala means tolerably)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    Movie Thread - we have La La Landed on the Moon?
    shots fired?

  7. #6927
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,742
    La La Land is so last year - let's look to the future!

    Movie Thread - 50 Shades Derper


    Related:



    Not long to go now!
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; February 7 2017 at 07:22:47 PM.

  8. #6928
    untilted's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    WoT: eyebot; W:EE: untilted
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    dies irae now being the inception BWAAAHHHH
    c/d?

  9. #6929
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,006
    La La Larkonis went to watch this ahahahahahaha - movie thread
    Last edited by teds :D; February 7 2017 at 07:52:23 PM.

  10. #6930
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    La La Larkonis went to watch this ahahahahahaha - move thread
    So what mate?

      Spoiler:
    It was fun
    TRAPS ARE GAY!


  11. #6931
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    La La Larkonis went to watch this ahahahahahaha - move thread
    So what mate?

      Spoiler:
    It was fun
    ryan gosling is very pretty in fairness

  12. #6932
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,581
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    La La Larkonis went to watch this ahahahahahaha - movie thread
    So did I. With a female friend. And I didnt get laid afterwards.

      Spoiler:
    it was quite fun tho


    

  13. #6933
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,393

  14. #6934
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    dies irae now being the inception BWAAAHHHH
    c/d?
    C, but I prefer not to complain, since that might lead to a return to Carmina Burana.

  15. #6935
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,027
    Finally saw Arrival together with Indi. Holy shit, we're both incredibly impressed. Can't remember the last movie I saw that was this carefully crafted, with everything falling into place at the right time, while at the same time giving me no idea what's going to happen next for large portions of the movie.

    We've just had a field day reading reviews about it, and seeing how at least half the reviewers have totally missed what the movie is about, and trying to read all kinds of things into it that are peripheral at best.

  16. #6936
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    totally missed what the movie is about
    do tell

  17. #6937
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    totally missed what the movie is about
    do tell
    All kinds of weird rants about it being about how the media reports things (probably based on that one comment in the beginning when she's on the phone with her mother), how the government can't be trusted with these kind of things, etc etc. Look some up for yourself if you want a laugh.

  18. #6938
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    totally missed what the movie is about
    do tell
    All kinds of weird rants about it being about how the media reports things (probably based on that one comment in the beginning when she's on the phone with her mother), how the government can't be trusted with these kind of things, etc etc. Look some up for yourself if you want a laugh.
    I was more interested in what the movie is actually about

  19. #6939
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    totally missed what the movie is about
    do tell
    All kinds of weird rants about it being about how the media reports things (probably based on that one comment in the beginning when she's on the phone with her mother), how the government can't be trusted with these kind of things, etc etc. Look some up for yourself if you want a laugh.
    I was more interested in what the movie is actually about
    Oh. Well I can't answer that without massive spoilers. That said, the soppy answer I can give is that it's mostly about cooperation. Villeneuve also likes to explore boundaries of police/military/government jurisdiction in his movies, although it's a lot less pronounced in this one than in his previous movies. There's also a small but important sub-plot about consequences of choices, and being able to live with them.

  20. #6940
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,393

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •