hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 370 of 417 FirstFirst ... 270320360367368369370371372373380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 8330

Thread: Movie Thread -Razor confirmed thinks Moon is the best

  1. #7381

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    5,777
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.

  2. #7382
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,405
    Work is literally paying me to see Covenant tomorrow, with the tickets paid by VMWare, so whatever.


  3. #7383
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,401
    Alien is indeed a masterpiece.

    When you stop expecting michelangelo to produce something as impressive as the artwork in the sixteenth chapel for the 4th time, and just enjoy his other work for what they are - impressive and enjoyable in their own right. You might not come out as a David in your views of his other works.

    (As in David the autistic robot, not David the marble jew)

  4. #7384
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,540
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Alien is indeed a masterpiece.

    When you stop expecting michelangelo to produce something as impressive as the artwork in the sixteenth chapel for the 4th time, and just enjoy his other work for what they are - impressive and enjoyable in their own right. You might not come out as a David in your views of his other works.

    (As in David the autistic robot, not David the marble jew)
    psst, it's sistine chapel, and ridley scott is no michelangelo.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  5. #7385
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    Oh, yeah. I kinda forgot about those

    Thank you for reminding me


    ($%"#€∞|***!!)

  6. #7386
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,401
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Alien is indeed a masterpiece.

    When you stop expecting michelangelo to produce something as impressive as the artwork in the sixteenth chapel for the 4th time, and just enjoy his other work for what they are - impressive and enjoyable in their own right. You might not come out as a David in your views of his other works.

    (As in David the autistic robot, not David the marble jew)
    psst, it's sistine chapel, and ridley scott is no michelangelo.
    and an analogy isn't a literal comparison, but let's not get bogged down with things like that and who called the sexclub chapel the sixteenth chapel
    Last edited by helgur; May 19 2017 at 03:50:28 AM.

  7. #7387

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Alien is indeed a masterpiece.

    When you stop expecting michelangelo to produce something as impressive as the artwork in the sixteenth chapel for the 4th time, and just enjoy his other work for what they are - impressive and enjoyable in their own right. You might not come out as a David in your views of his other works.

    (As in David the autistic robot, not David the marble jew)
    psst, it's sistine chapel, and ridley scott is no michelangelo.
    Well with the amount of frothing the usual shits are doing about this one might think so.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  8. #7388
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,277
    bah

    Space horror is the cesspit of sci fi

  9. #7389
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    This is still a better Alien movie than Covenant!

    I also forgot the BIGGEST FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    you see things from the Aliens fucking POV!!!!!

    its a good looking movie 90% of the time but the CGI is crappy and there is no practical effect dribbly alien teeth moment which is like THE alien moment.

  10. #7390
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    bah

    Space horror is the cesspit of sci fi
    you shut your whore mouth


  11. #7391
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    This is still a better Alien movie than Covenant!

    I also forgot the BIGGEST FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    you see things from the Aliens fucking POV!!!!!

    its a good looking movie 90% of the time but the CGI is crappy and there is no practical effect dribbly alien teeth moment which is like THE alien moment.
    BS.
    Ridley Scott loathes CGI sets, he always have huge physical sets that has some CGI added post prod.

  12. #7392
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    This is still a better Alien movie than Covenant!

    I also forgot the BIGGEST FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    you see things from the Aliens fucking POV!!!!!

    its a good looking movie 90% of the time but the CGI is crappy and there is no practical effect dribbly alien teeth moment which is like THE alien moment.
    BS.
    Ridley Scott loathes CGI sets, he always have huge physical sets that has some CGI added post prod.
    The sets are amazing (apart from apparently the technology taking a nosedive between this and Alien.) The neomorph and Xenomorp CGI is just bad or maybe its because its so well lit you can see so much that their movement is goofy. go see it make your own opinions but man was i let down as an Alien fan.

  13. #7393
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,721
    Kermode read my posts



  14. #7394
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,619
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    This is still a better Alien movie than Covenant!

    I also forgot the BIGGEST FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    you see things from the Aliens fucking POV!!!!!

    its a good looking movie 90% of the time but the CGI is crappy and there is no practical effect dribbly alien teeth moment which is like THE alien moment.
    BS.
    Ridley Scott loathes CGI sets, he always have huge physical sets that has some CGI added post prod.
    The sets are amazing (apart from apparently the technology taking a nosedive between this and Alien.) The neomorph and Xenomorp CGI is just bad or maybe its because its so well lit you can see so much that their movement is goofy. go see it make your own opinions but man was i let down as an Alien fan.
    Well. The Covenant is a toppest of the top colony ship and the Nostromo is an old bulker. The technology difference might be explained by that.

    The Alien POV scene was offensive yes but it was only short..... as if that excuses it...

    Anyone who thinks that this says that David invented the xenomorph is an imbecile though. This planet is not LV426 and neither was the one in Prometheus. The Engineers obviously knew what xenomorphs were long before humanity even existed from the events of Prometheus. Whether the Engineers invented them or not hasn't been stated but it's possible they just found the black goo somewhere or maybe they reverse engineered it from xenomorphs they found.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  15. #7395
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    prometheus also started out ok
    it had some bad moments

    but as bad to the franchise as SW prequels was to the SW franchise?

    come on

    I know what you mean. Alien was already a tired joke of a franchise by the time Prometheus came out.
    This is still a better Alien movie than Covenant!

    I also forgot the BIGGEST FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    you see things from the Aliens fucking POV!!!!!

    its a good looking movie 90% of the time but the CGI is crappy and there is no practical effect dribbly alien teeth moment which is like THE alien moment.
    BS.
    Ridley Scott loathes CGI sets, he always have huge physical sets that has some CGI added post prod.
    The sets are amazing (apart from apparently the technology taking a nosedive between this and Alien.) The neomorph and Xenomorp CGI is just bad or maybe its because its so well lit you can see so much that their movement is goofy. go see it make your own opinions but man was i let down as an Alien fan.
    Well. The Covenant is a toppest of the top colony ship and the Nostromo is an old bulker. The technology difference might be explained by that.

    The Alien POV scene was offensive yes but it was only short..... as if that excuses it...

    Anyone who thinks that this says that David invented the xenomorph is an imbecile though. This planet is not LV426 and neither was the one in Prometheus. The Engineers obviously knew what xenomorphs were long before humanity even existed from the events of Prometheus. Whether the Engineers invented them or not hasn't been stated but it's possible they just found the black goo somewhere or maybe they reverse engineered it from xenomorphs they found.
    Did we watch same movie? You went to piss during the part where he boasts he crossbred results to reach the perfect form (one with facehugger) and only needed more hosts? We can argue details all day long while you're completely missing the overall point. Watch Kermode above, he has a better way with words and grasp of english than I do. Maybe this will make it clearer for you what I'm angry about.

  16. #7396
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Kermode read my posts


    I didn't know him, spent the last two hours watching some of his reviews. Thanks !

  17. #7397
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,054
    RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  18. #7398
    Armag3ddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    bah

    Space horror is the cesspit of sci fi
    you shut your whore mouth


  19. #7399
    untilted's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    WoT: eyebot; W:EE: untilted
    Posts
    1,772
    watched covenant
    didn't expect much
    was still disappointed

    +1 what already was posted (e.g. the kermode clip)

    and for space horror ... life was the far better (as in: effective) space horror movie this year.

  20. #7400
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,405
    I've got a few thoughts on Covenant.

      Spoiler:

    I thought David's motivation was ok. I can buy that a "too human" android begins down a flawed line of thought that leads him to be obsessed with creation and despises humans.

    Anyways..

    How the hell did David do genetic experiements in what was basically a tomb? There was so little working technology there that he was keeping records on scrolls.

    So he created facehugger eggs. What layed the eggs? Did he grow them somehow? It was kind of a big jump from what he had specimens of to that.

    When did David get the time to prepare the facehugger embryos and swallow them before evacuating with the Covenant crew?

    Did Ridley Scott mean to retcon out the larva-like chest burster or is this something new?

    When we first see the Neomorphs both on the lander and in the field they are incredibly resistance to gunshots. One takes several shotgun hits, and the other takes direct close range fire from several shooters. Both just shrug it off. Then later in the movie the captain kills one by himself with just a few shots. Huh?

    I think my biggest gripe with the movie is that the actual suspense scenes are too brief and are actually action scenes.

    Oh no, a xenomorph! Oh we killed it in 5 minutes. Oh no another! Oh, it's fine now. It's broad daylight and we've got a computer telling us where it's hiding. Let's charge in and fuck it up!

    What remained was less suspense and more anticipation of the all too obvious events coming next.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •