hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 429 of 468 FirstFirst ... 329379419426427428429430431432439 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 9352

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Does Bright have a big name black actor playing a cop who at one point has to confront their own racial prejudices towards a white guy in makeup? If so:

While the human/nonhuman cop partners reminds of that series, it's very clearly heavily inspired by Shadowrun, with the slight exception that ...
      Spoiler:

... magic users seem to be very rare in Bright, whereas I can't remember that being th case in Shadowrun.

Bright even mentions the "Awakening".

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While the human/nonhuman cop partners reminds of that series, it's very clearly heavily inspired by Shadowrun, with the slight exception that ...
      Spoiler:

... magic users seem to be very rare in Bright, whereas I can't remember that being th case in Shadowrun.

Omg, forgot about the awakening. Dumbest thing about shadowrun universe, would be much cooler if it was a Tolkien type world that advanced to cyberpunk technology, not a modern world randomly turning fantasy.

That and the first version of the game system was awful. Small guns were better at killing unarmored targets tham big guns, so dumb.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Magic is for fagets anyway.

I feel bad, never heard of Shadowrun

Quote Originally Posted by Sylia View Post
    The games from harebrained are gud if you like tactics/rpg. First time on my memory i've heard of it too.

MASSIVE DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW too
    http://store.steampowered.com/bundle...te_Collection/

I'm almost impressed

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
      Spoiler:

Omg, forgot about the awakening. Dumbest thing about shadowrun universe, would be much cooler if it was a Tolkien type world that advanced to cyberpunk technology, not a modern world randomly turning fantasy.

That and the first version of the game system was awful. Small guns were better at killing unarmored targets tham big guns, so dumb.
    I mean it kinda is that just that dragons and what not managed to hide for the last 5000 years of the cycle is just not really explained.

tbh one can make a case for pistol caliber guns vs intermediate+ at close range (which is the usual range in these gayms)

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    tbh one can make a case for pistol caliber guns vs intermediate+ at close range (which is the usual range in these gayms)
    the Shadowrun system doesn't have any kind of rules for bullet types so yeah it can work like that depending on what your GM thinks or if they care or not.

That's the best type of system to, better to leave it to the GM to decide what kind of thing you're prepared for based on roleplay rather than have it explicity and clunkily spelled out for dummies and autists like D&D

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    the Shadowrun system doesn't have any kind of rules for bullet types so yeah it can work like that depending on what your GM thinks or if they care or not.

That's the best type of system to, better to leave it to the GM to decide what kind of thing you're prepared for based on roleplay rather than have it explicity and clunkily spelled out for dummies and autists like D&D
    Yeah shadowrun has a lot rules but they are pretty flexable.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I should probably finish Hong Kong at some point tbh, but it's kinda a drag compared to the glory that is Dragonfall

Psychic Space Vampires aren't quite as interesting as an actual dragon for an antagonist tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
      Spoiler:

I mean it kinda is that just that dragons and what not managed to hide for the last 5000 years of the cycle is just not really explained.
    When there is no other explanation, its always "the ley lines did it".

I see no issue with Shadowruns setup, the aim very clearly was to get from here to there. Take familiar places/concepts and apply a fantasy twist. Tbh, the tech stuff was much more speculative/innovative back then than the bog standard elves and dragons also shoved in.

Its not better or worse than creating a stand-alone setting, its just its own thing.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; December 29 2017 at 03:19:47 AM.

Spoiler:

The setting made no sense. They crammed fantasy shit, including a random dragon flying across the horizon, without changing anything else at all about the world. It's terrible. I assume Shadowrun is better since nerds seem to like it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
      Spoiler:

The setting made no sense. They crammed fantasy shit, including a random dragon flying across the horizon, without changing anything else at all about the world. It's terrible. I assume Shadowrun is better since nerds seem to like it so much.
    Originally no. But yeah they eventually make the setting more coherent. But it's one of the less coherent big 80s RPG settings. Basically it's an excuse to kill people RPing like wannabe-elves in the cheesiest technologically sound way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Basically it's an excuse to kill people RPing like wannabe-elves with monowhip.
    fyp

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
      Spoiler:

Originally no. But yeah they eventually make the setting more coherent. But it's one of the less coherent big 80s RPG settings. Basically it's an excuse to kill people RPing like wannabe-elves in the cheesiest technologically sound way you can.
    Also stacking initiative enough to kill entire room before they can move

The games from harebrained are gud if you like tactics/rpg. First time on my memory i've heard of it too.

MASSIVE DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW too
    http://store.steampowered.com/bundle...te_Collection/
    Just to make things clear: Shadowrun is an old-fashioned pen&paper RPG: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun. The above video games are based on this game.

So I just saw The Last Jedi.

I guess I'm off the Star Wars bandwagon again.

Bright had some good things going for it, basic premise and the production values were good enough. But the comedic timings were more off than on target, soundtrack was sorely missing in some scenes and dialogues and the villain was incredibly underutilised (but the shootout at the convenience store with her walking around like a terminator with machinceguns was ace). They threw in some weird stuff for the sake of "worldbuilding" - dragon, the dark lord, the prophecy etc. Unless they plan for a sequel, which I sort of hope they don't.

Delete dragon, dark lord, prophecy - replace wands with a means of magical mass destruction, add better dialogue direction, more meat on villain bones and more vivid/fitting soundtrack (I'm looking at you Sicario).
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar