hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 431 of 468 FirstFirst ... 331381421428429430431432433434441 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 9352

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Good stuff in the cinema is cool, but the prices are idiotic and too often there's someone annoying. I'd say they should exist, just maybe change somewhat.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

In Finland most movie theaters are owned by one chain which sucks. Also as a tall person most theaters are just uncomfortable, but at least that aspect is slowly changing with different seating options. (And fortunately it still isn't as bad as in murica, you can bring your own snacks and just about zero people talk or use mobile phones during the movies.

Still kinda like going to the movies. Probably about once per month on average ... only sometimes hard to catch an english screening here. The ~13€ for the overlength +3D stuff are a bit on the expensive side ... but normal movies for around 9€ i find ok. Barely ever bothering about food/drinks at cinema .. so *shrug*

In japan its on the expensive side 1800/1900 yen, but ironically the 20:00 and later shows (which in AT would be primetime kinda) are cheaper, usually 1200Y.
    @Isyel ... went to cinema on a Seoul stopover, was less than 8€ (10k KRW 'ish) if i recall right ... really ok. And i think drinks/food also were really cheap compared to here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartzap View Post
    I actually quite enjoy going to the flicks on my own. One of the advantages of shift work means I can go midweek in the day time for cheapish. Also carer card for when clients want to go = free admittance.

I'm been to cinemas up and down the bedraggled Isles and never had problems with noise from idiots. It's possible I just block it out though.

That's not how it works m8
    What can I say? Being on here has an immunizing effect

Also, if theres an Odeon/Cineworld/Literally-every-other-chain-than-Vue nearby they have unlimited watch-whatever-the-fuck-you-want for 15 p/m. So you can go watch stinkers and not feel too guilty.

Finland has close to 20€ tickets on weekends 3d crap...

3D has been and gone, me thinks. Whenever a big film is out now, opening day has a dozen normal showings and about three 3D showings at awkward times.
    I know Vue tried to artificially boost 3D sales by reversing those numbers, but just ended up with empty screens, and overbooked 2D showings. Not happening anymore!

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Cinema is for chumps and won't be missed tbqfh

Derpin from Chinaphone
    In manchester at least they seem to be reacting*. I rarely went to the cinema because they used to charge about 15 for a ticket, or maybe 20 for a leather one that wasnt 25 year old carpet and sticky with mystery gunk. Considering the standard of most modern blockbusters and being a gamer who for that price can get 20 hours of entertainment without a struggle i didnt see the value. Currently the major rivals are going at each other in a price war, and it is now 5 a seat in most of them. Ill have some of that. But also with a big "oh right you were charging triple what you should when you all price fixed. wankers"

Being an amateur i forgot about their joke confectionery prices though. A 250ml bottle of water costs 2.75. For that alone, im out for the next few months the robbing bastards. Wanted to check if a licensed bar has to offer free tap water legally in the uk if they also sell alcohol cos fuck them.

*like when a dead body relaxes and shits
    you been to the new stockport cinema? much cheaper, amazing seats, legroom etc and far less fingerbanging on the back row that grand central used to have

Watched Bright. Enjoyed it. Dunno what people were expecting for such negative reviews...

"I, Tonya" is fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Watched Bright. Enjoyed it. Dunno what people were expecting for such negative reviews...
    A better movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    A better movie.
    It has Will Smith in it, why would you expect that?

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a good entertaining flick. Not brilliant and no Oscar nominee, but that's not what I expected. For me, it delivered on what it promised in the trailer.

BTW, Netflix announced a sequel: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...will-turn-out/

And if you read through that article (which tears Bright apart quite heavily) and then through the comments, you'll note that lots of people semed to have enjoyed it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a good entertaining flick. Not brilliant and no Oscar nominee, but that's not what I expected. For me, it delivered on what it promised in the trailer.

BTW, Netflix announced a sequel: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...will-turn-out/

And if you read through that article (which tears Bright apart quite heavily) and then through the comments, you'll note that lots of people semed to have enjoyed it, too.
    It's like someone had an interest in dragging it down...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

It's like someone had an interest in dragging it down...
    "Movie critics". 'nough said.

Jennifer Lawrence fighting for Mother Russia:

the new star wars is shit, rogue one is lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

The Room is actually quite a bad movie. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

in Budapest.

Another trailer that p much spoils the whole movie

Fuck hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

So isn't this is the Black Widow origin movie we've been asking for?