hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 434 of 457 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434435436437444 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 9136

Thread: Movie Thread -Paradox:"Oh Moon is fucking the best"

  1. #8661
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,785
    Ok, that makes sense. It also makes the Dunkirk movie that more retarded because it gets you the impression it all happened in one go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  2. #8662
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence fighting for Mother Russia:

    A remake/remix of Nikita with a russian twist. Too bad.
    You could say she is a.....


    Export model

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  3. #8663
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    ‘Dune’ Adaptation Will Be ‘Star Wars for Adults’ Says Director
    http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/dun...-says-director

    Attracting the hype worm early for this one.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. OK I'm interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I prefer the Lynch version of Dune to the TV miniseries, so I dunno if a more "normal" Dune film would really tickle my fancy.
    Lynch version is fantastic in an extremely campy way. And it deviates from the book somewhat, although not even close to how much Jodorowsky wanted to rape the story. TV miniseries were quite good in the way they adapted the books to the screen, but not so good in the acting and stuff iirc.

    So both aren't that good. If Villeneuve pulls of a proper big budget adaptation, especially if he follows it up with multiple movies, things will get very interesting. Books only start to get really good from the 3rd one onwards. First one is great to make a movie of though, a simple and heroic story. Second one is kinda depressing.
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!

    Damm you Herbert, why did you die so soon
    It was told in the books his Son wrote with Kevin Anderson.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  4. #8664
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!
      Spoiler:
    A fragment of Omnius that escaped at the end of the Butlerian Jihad and came to seek vengeance. Only to be banished by Norma Cenva who for some reason became an omnipotent goddess or something.


    I actually think Frank Herbert would have managed to write something more retarded than the expanded dune series had he lived longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  5. #8665
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!
      Spoiler:
    A fragment of Omnius that escaped at the end of the Butlerian Jihad and came to seek vengeance. Only to be banished by Norma Cenva who for some reason became an omnipotent goddess or something.


    I actually think Frank Herbert would have managed to write something more retarded than the expanded dune series had he lived longer.
    Have you actually read those books? They are horribly written but the storyline itself isnt retarded and came from notes of Frank himself.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  6. #8666
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!
      Spoiler:
    A fragment of Omnius that escaped at the end of the Butlerian Jihad and came to seek vengeance. Only to be banished by Norma Cenva who for some reason became an omnipotent goddess or something.


    I actually think Frank Herbert would have managed to write something more retarded than the expanded dune series had he lived longer.
    Have you actually read those books? They are horribly written but the storyline itself isnt retarded and came from notes of Frank himself.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Yeah albeit aaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

    The writing was so poor I rushed through them and don't remember a whole lot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  7. #8667
    Donor Eard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Portland. The weird one.
    Posts
    1,979
    "This tripe totally came from Dad's notes, honest. And not us just peddling from our shit prequel ideas into the main storyline"

  8. #8668
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,997
    Michael Bay + John Cena = Duke Nukem Film

    Im sure it will be... interesting.

  9. #8669
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Michael Bay + John Cena = Duke Nukem Film

    Im sure it will be... interesting.
    I foresee memes. Memes everywhere

  10. #8670
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,896
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  11. #8671
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    ‘Dune’ Adaptation Will Be ‘Star Wars for Adults’ Says Director
    http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/dun...-says-director

    Attracting the hype worm early for this one.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. OK I'm interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I prefer the Lynch version of Dune to the TV miniseries, so I dunno if a more "normal" Dune film would really tickle my fancy.
    Lynch version is fantastic in an extremely campy way. And it deviates from the book somewhat, although not even close to how much Jodorowsky wanted to rape the story. TV miniseries were quite good in the way they adapted the books to the screen, but not so good in the acting and stuff iirc.

    So both aren't that good. If Villeneuve pulls of a proper big budget adaptation, especially if he follows it up with multiple movies, things will get very interesting. Books only start to get really good from the 3rd one onwards. First one is great to make a movie of though, a simple and heroic story. Second one is kinda depressing.
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!

    Damm you Herbert, why did you die so soon
    It was told in the books his Son wrote with Kevin Anderson.
    There are no books his son wrote. At least not in my reality!

  12. #8672
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    ‘Dune’ Adaptation Will Be ‘Star Wars for Adults’ Says Director
    http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/dun...-says-director

    Attracting the hype worm early for this one.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. OK I'm interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I prefer the Lynch version of Dune to the TV miniseries, so I dunno if a more "normal" Dune film would really tickle my fancy.
    Lynch version is fantastic in an extremely campy way. And it deviates from the book somewhat, although not even close to how much Jodorowsky wanted to rape the story. TV miniseries were quite good in the way they adapted the books to the screen, but not so good in the acting and stuff iirc.

    So both aren't that good. If Villeneuve pulls of a proper big budget adaptation, especially if he follows it up with multiple movies, things will get very interesting. Books only start to get really good from the 3rd one onwards. First one is great to make a movie of though, a simple and heroic story. Second one is kinda depressing.
    What were The Honored Matres running froooooooom?!?!

    Damm you Herbert, why did you die so soon
    It was told in the books his Son wrote with Kevin Anderson.
    There are no books his son wrote. At least not in my reality!
    Ahmen. Abomination is not canon
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  13. #8673
    SAI Peregrinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13, 2011
    Posts
    1,691
    Threads is coming out on DVD & Blu-Ray. Yay? PTSD in 2 hours. It makes things like "The Day After" and "Grave of the Fireflies" look downright cheery.

  14. #8674
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Threads is coming out on DVD & Blu-Ray. Yay? PTSD in 2 hours. It makes things like "The Day After" and "Grave of the Fireflies" look downright cheery.
    I'm not watching that again, fuck that.

  15. #8675
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,785
    I haven't even watched it and I'm noping out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  16. #8676

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,977
    Threads is a good one, but not nearly as memorable as The Serbian Film.

  17. #8677
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    28,939
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Threads is a good one, but not nearly as memorable as The Serbian Film.
    Which?

    I remember Demons of War that was pretty bleak/great but it's actually polish.


  18. #8678

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Threads is a good one, but not nearly as memorable as The Serbian Film.
    Which?

    I remember Demons of War that was pretty bleak/great but it's actually polish.

    He means the film literally called the Serbian film. I think.

    Serbian cinema is pretty legit tho, the black humour is especially something else.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  19. #8679

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Threads is coming out on DVD & Blu-Ray. Yay? PTSD in 2 hours. It makes things like "The Day After" and "Grave of the Fireflies" look downright cheery.
    Neato. Where the Wind Blows just got a DVD/Blu-Ray combo release too. Has that amusingly matter of fact "Protect and Survive" info film as an extra. Now to wait & see if the Barefoot Gen blu-rays ever cross the Atlantic.

    Oh & I don't mean to be pedantic but it's A Serbian Film, not The Serbian Film (assuming that's what's being talked about).

  20. #8680

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,701
    "Threads" sounds pretty interesing. Never heard of it before (being a BBC TV production, that's not really suprising). Will keep an eye on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    He means the film literally called the Serbian film. I think.
    Actually it's "A Serbian Film", it seems.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •