hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 424 of 434 FirstFirst ... 324374414421422423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 8667

Thread: Movie Thread -Razor confirmed thinks Moon is the best

Spoiler:
    Star Wars was shit. No explanation as to who snoke is/was, the entire gambling planet sideplot could have been left out etc etc. Hamill's acting was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Sadly it has been proven that one can not get a honest review about the star wars movies from anywhere, either it is fans that are happy the movie didn't contain any pod races or complete haters that see nothing good in the setting at all...
    What's wrong with pod races?
    The export grade bait.
    Did it blow up in your face?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    The problem with pod racing is they haven't made a game for it since the N64

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    there was a pc version, i remember my dad buying a joystick 'because i (me) really wanted one'

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I actually thought the pod racing bit was one of the better sections of Episode 1. At least it looked cool.
    To be fair so much of Episode 1 was dreadful that the pod racing being garbage might even qualify it as one of the better sections.

The whole thing kicks off with a Jar Jar fart joke, admirably foreshadowing the coming excrement. That the pod racing section contains Jar Jar pretty much makes it garbage by definition.

Fundamentally however there was no dramatic tension because we'd only just met Anakin and didn't give a shit about him and we knew even less about the enemy guy he was racing and gave no fucks about him either. Anakin was, in fact, a fucking annoying kid played by a lackluster actor so the only hook for the viewer was hoping that he died. Which he obviously wouldn't. Alas.

Anakin was a slave so it made no sense that he built/owned the equivalent of a high end rally car. And if he did build it, why wouldn't he put the handlebars where he could reach them?

The start of the race, where Anakin's pod didn't start, demonstrated that his pod was hugely faster than the other pods (he sits on the start line for thirty seconds then catches up with the other pods in less than thirty seconds so he's more than twice as fast as them.) So it makes no sense that once he catches up he can't just blow past the other pods when the terrain permits.

The entire pod race was ripped off from the chariot race in Ben Hur where it was done with actual people in actual danger rather than a retarded CGI shitfest. The characters had also been established throughout the movie with reasonably understandable motivations.

So you're left with something that's analogous to watching two people you don't really like play a tedious racing video game for, what, ten minutes?

Oh, and it was the beginning of the 'romance' between Natalie Portman age 16, passing for 18, and Jake Lloyd age 10, passing for about 7. Which is off the charts creepy.
    You just need to serve the podracing with some eurobeat :3

https://youtu.be/HFzJ2g1xIJU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    The problem with pod racing is they haven't made a game for it since the N64

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    there was a pc version, i remember my dad buying a joystick 'because i (me) really wanted one'
    Also this. Managed to get the original, in box (for pc).

It's still amazing after all these years, you need proper reflexes with a fully upgraded thingie :3

Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Watching Escape Plan (2013) atm.

Good little Stallone flick

"Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less than the men of whom they know nothing at all" - good little quote from it
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I actually thought the pod racing bit was one of the better sections of Episode 1. At least it looked cool.
    To be fair so much of Episode 1 was dreadful that the pod racing being garbage might even qualify it as one of the better sections.

The whole thing kicks off with a Jar Jar fart joke, admirably foreshadowing the coming excrement. That the pod racing section contains Jar Jar pretty much makes it garbage by definition.

Fundamentally however there was no dramatic tension because we'd only just met Anakin and didn't give a shit about him and we knew even less about the enemy guy he was racing and gave no fucks about him either. Anakin was, in fact, a fucking annoying kid played by a lackluster actor so the only hook for the viewer was hoping that he died. Which he obviously wouldn't. Alas.

Anakin was a slave so it made no sense that he built/owned the equivalent of a high end rally car. And if he did build it, why wouldn't he put the handlebars where he could reach them?

The start of the race, where Anakin's pod didn't start, demonstrated that his pod was hugely faster than the other pods (he sits on the start line for thirty seconds then catches up with the other pods in less than thirty seconds so he's more than twice as fast as them.) So it makes no sense that once he catches up he can't just blow past the other pods when the terrain permits.

The entire pod race was ripped off from the chariot race in Ben Hur where it was done with actual people in actual danger rather than a retarded CGI shitfest. The characters had also been established throughout the movie with reasonably understandable motivations.

So you're left with something that's analogous to watching two people you don't really like play a tedious racing video game for, what, ten minutes?

Oh, and it was the beginning of the 'romance' between Natalie Portman age 16, passing for 18, and Jake Lloyd age 10, passing for about 7. Which is off the charts creepy.
    You just need to serve the podracing with some eurobeat :3

https://youtu.be/HFzJ2g1xIJU

I love you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Now I want a pod racing game for Oculus. Disney, make it happen!

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Or just wipeout, which was actually good

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Or just wipeout, which was actually good

Sent from my iPhtapa
    BUT STOOOORRRRRR WOOOOOOOOOOOOORSS!

*mong noises intensify*

Wipeout has prodigy and chemical brothers soundtrack

Sent from my iPhtapa

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Why have a quality original game with a worldly soundtrack when you can have a sepia toned memory of a 7/10 ok game made about a shit part of an even worse film?

Ikr

Sent from my iPhtapa

All together now, mongaloids....

STUUUUUUR WUUUUUUURSSSSSSSSSSSS! OMG LUUUUUUUUUYT SURBERSSSSSSSSSSS!!! AAAAYEEEEEEEE TEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEES TEAAAAA!

Remember to breathe and dribble! Repeat every christmas from now on like the spastic you are

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    ye but the pod racer game on pc was legit good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...isode_I:_Racer

for 10yr old me using a MS sidewinder, this was good times

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    All together now, mongaloids....

STUUUUUUR WUUUUUUURSSSSSSSSSSSS! OMG LUUUUUUUUUYT SURBERSSSSSSSSSSS!!! AAAAYEEEEEEEE TEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEES TEAAAAA!

Remember to breathe and dribble! Repeat every christmas from now on like the spastic you are
    wow.

are you feeling alright there bud?

Podracer game was fucking good

Sent from my iPhtapa

Buckaroo Banzai proved as compellingly weird as I'd been led to believe.

Confirming pod racer game was baws. I tried playing several incarnations of wipeout, they just didnt click for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk