hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 423 of 478 FirstFirst ... 323373413420421422423424425426433473 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 9551

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Just came back from Star Wars. It was ok. A lot of brilliant scenes and set pieces dragged down by numerous shitty written ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Just came back from Star Wars. It was ok. A lot of brilliant scenes and set pieces dragged down by numerous shitty written ones.
    So classic SW then?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Glad to see FHC isn't as hyped as everyone else. Surely Shaftoes should feel bad now for missing out on clan battles

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Glad to see FHC isn't as hyped as everyone else. Surely Shaftoes should feel bad now for missing out on clan battles
    Well atm it's either hyperhype or ultrahate with star wars and the level of emotion involved is frankly ridiculous.

Sadly it has been proven that one can not get a honest review about the star wars movies from anywhere, either it is fans that are happy the movie didn't contain any pod races or complete haters that see nothing good in the setting at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    So classic SW then?

Idk, I don't feel the same way about old trilogy but this is a problem again and again with new ones. I blame directed by committee, tested on focus groups and reshot afterwards fad, you can clearly see some scenes were edited in as they mess up pacing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Sadly it has been proven that one can not get a honest review about the star wars movies from anywhere, either it is fans that are happy the movie didn't contain any pod races or complete haters that see nothing good in the setting at all...
    What's wrong with pod races?

Or bitter fans with ridiculous expectations, don't forget those.

It's clearly an age gap between Generation X and Millennials, Disney cant satisfied both.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    What's wrong with pod races?
    The export grade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

It's clearly an age gap between Generation X and Millennials, Disney cant satisfied both.
    Yes blame it on the millenials.

Lmao.

I actually thought the pod racing bit was one of the better sections of Episode 1. At least it looked cool.

As for the new star wars movie, the first two thirds are really dumb, and the final third is pretty awesome. Some of the writing is shockingly bad and there are massive plot holes that are handwaved away.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Yes blame it on the millenials.

Lmao.

You lot ARE the worst though.

Get off my star wars lawn.

To be fair, handwaving and saying "you believe this now" is a pretty star wars thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I actually thought the pod racing bit was one of the better sections of Episode 1. At least it looked cool.
    To be fair so much of Episode 1 was dreadful that the pod racing being garbage might even qualify it as one of the better sections.

The whole thing kicks off with a Jar Jar fart joke, admirably foreshadowing the coming excrement. That the pod racing section contains Jar Jar pretty much makes it garbage by definition.

Fundamentally however there was no dramatic tension because we'd only just met Anakin and didn't give a shit about him and we knew even less about the enemy guy he was racing and gave no fucks about him either. Anakin was, in fact, a fucking annoying kid played by a lackluster actor so the only hook for the viewer was hoping that he died. Which he obviously wouldn't. Alas.

Anakin was a slave so it made no sense that he built/owned the equivalent of a high end rally car. And if he did build it, why wouldn't he put the handlebars where he could reach them?

The start of the race, where Anakin's pod didn't start, demonstrated that his pod was hugely faster than the other pods (he sits on the start line for thirty seconds then catches up with the other pods in less than thirty seconds so he's more than twice as fast as them.) So it makes no sense that once he catches up he can't just blow past the other pods when the terrain permits.

The entire pod race was ripped off from the chariot race in Ben Hur where it was done with actual people in actual danger rather than a retarded CGI shitfest. The characters had also been established throughout the movie with reasonably understandable motivations.

So you're left with something that's analogous to watching two people you don't really like play a tedious racing video game for, what, ten minutes?

Oh, and it was the beginning of the 'romance' between Natalie Portman age 16, passing for 18, and Jake Lloyd age 10, passing for about 7. Which is off the charts creepy.

Wait for Mr Plinkett review for best non biased quality informative review. 60% of the time it works every time

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Damning with faint praise indeed! Also you were probably 13 when it came out and even your child brain went "what the fuck did i just watch"

As for the new star wars movie, the first two thirds are really dumb, and the final third is pretty awesome. Some of the writing is shockingly bad and there are massive plot holes that are handwaved away.[/QUOTE]

Classic big budget hollywood shiny film then. Itll pass some time but isnt worth the 15 entry fee. Ill wait for a PB copy probably. Still didnt bother with rogue one.

The problem with pod racing is they haven't made a game for it since the N64

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    The problem with pod racing is they haven't made a game for it since the N64

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Goddamn the pod racing game was fucking amazing.