hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 457 of 486 FirstFirst ... 357407447454455456457458459460467 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 9703

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Yeah i pretty much had the same issue with Blank Panther. All the hype made me think i was walking into some sort of movie revolution but all i got was a fairly enjoyable action movie.

Infinity war was pretty meh. First half of the movie was actiony but reintroducing all the characters basicaly ate any story development there and then the actual story part of the 2nd half was just low effort.

Spoiler:
    The whole 'wipe out half of all life to save the universe from resource shortage' thing is full on dumb. It would take what, 2-3 generations to reach the same number as before? So best case scenario he bought the universe and extra 60-120 years? Big woop.

At least lots of people dying was neat, i was expecting them to just save the day in the last 5 mins so that came as a suprise. The only downside is they killed a bunch of characters that have profitable spinoffs so they obviously wont stay dead. I assume the plot in the next movie will be that gamora became the soul stone and everyone is stuck in the stone instead of dead or something equally lame.
      Spoiler:

In the comics apparently the soul gem contains the souls of everyone it kills. Adam Warlock undoes the kiling, and shows Thanos that he's always allowed himself to be defeated because he knows he's not worthy of omnipotence. They form a new super team called the Infinity Watch. Hooray! Good guys win again!

My big issue with the Marvel movies is that I never followed the comics. I have no idea who half the characters are. Forgettable superhero #27 played by attractive Hollywood actor #89 just came in to save the day! Hooray! Maybe if I went back and binge watched all the movies one after another I'd remember all of these people, but that's a hell of a lot of investment. I'm sure they're great as nostalgia trips though. And the action scenes are quite fun, though the cinematography tends to be a bit poor IMO. Too much rapid camera angle switching to really follow what's going on.
    Also Tony Stark is an asshole. I wish they'd just kill him off for good. He'd make a much better villain than hero.
    This...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

I've watched all the marvel movies and they give enough of background on the heroes, even those that didn't have their own like hawkeye and black widow so idk. Some of them have dreadful premises like civil war, ultron and thor 2 but they are all great fun.

Deadpool was the only "good" Marvel movie tbh. Good action flick and good comedy at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Deadpool was the only "good" Marvel movie tbh. Good action flick and good comedy at once.
    Gotta ride that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I've watched all the marvel movies and they give enough of background on the heroes, even those that didn't have their own like hawkeye and black widow so idk. Some of them have dreadful premises like civil war, ultron and thor 2 but they are all great fun.
    I fully agree with this. And lately the quality has ramped up massively, Dr. Strange, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther were really gud fun.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I fully agree with this. And lately the quality has ramped up massively, Dr. Strange, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther were really gud fun.
    The Avengers movies are the bad ones. Captain America and Iron Man in the same movie = shit.

Marvel movies are good "turn your brain off" popcorn movies and part of their appeal is the consistent setting and huge amount of backstory they built up over the years. I particularly like Guardians of the galaxy and Thor ragnarok as examples of good, fun, movies

Its not exactly high art though and I hate all the fanboi stuff that treats it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Its not exactly high art though and I hate all the fanboi stuff that treats it as such.
    Whoa m8 i'm not sure there is a dense enough person on FHC to consider them as such.
    I mean there might be some but they are so non-conformist they'd rather die by chocking on one of their anime/pony figurines before saying anything good about marvel movies.

As far as action/comedy goes these days this is the next to top shelf quality. Having a common storyline nets a huge bonus too, yeah.

Oh I haven't seen it so much on fhc, but I know some rabid marvel fanboys irl that think the avengers films are p much godfather p2 level cinema. It makes me despair for the human race sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Saw "Terminal", do avoid by any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Not the Tom Hanks one I assume?

That one's really good

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Not the Tom Hanks one I assume?

That one's really good
    Indeed not the Tom Hanks one, this one:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...robbie-w519881

I, ahem, got ahold of it and started flipping through it. After about two minutes I was wtf? After 5 Minutes I closed it.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Saw Deadpool 2: ok, too many direct callback jokes to the first film and way too many meta jokes for me. Action was staged in more fun ways in the first one. There are some quite fun bits, mostly in the second half of the film.

yes, we need this

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post

yes, we need this
    This I will watch.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Credit scene of Deadpool 2 is worth ticket price alone, movie itself is not as good as the first one. But that credit scene, I don't remember laughing so loud in cinema, well, ever.

If from all the movie it was the fucking credits scene that took the highlight it's really really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    If from all the movie it was the fucking credits scene that took the highlight it's really really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah no

Deadpool 2 is really good. The after credit scene is just cherry on top of the cake.