hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 466 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Breakers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    ...I liked prometheus
    Yeah, i mean it has alot of faults. Wasnt the movie i wanted it to be but was probably the one we deserved...
    I do not believe I deserved that incoherent pile of shit movie.
    See? Now I could except that it was a bad movie, or slightly dense. I'd definately say it was convoluted but incoherent? It certainly was not incoherent. Only God Forgives was incoherent, Prometheus was just... derpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    See? Now I could except that it was a bad movie, or slightly dense. I'd definately say it was convoluted but incoherent? It certainly was not incoherent. Only God Forgives was incoherent, Prometheus was just... derpy.
    Dense implies it has some depth. It was shallow in the extreme. It's coherent the same way transformers was coherent. It makes perfect sense until you analyze it and it turns out to be completely retarded.

edit: Obligatory

Last edited by Frug; December 12 2013 at 06:12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    this is why we cant have nice things
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Dense implies it has some depth. It was shallow in the extreme. It's coherent the same way transformers was coherent. It makes perfect sense until you analyze it and it turns out to be completely retarded.

edit: Obligatory

I like it. I had questions. They got answered later. The retail box was supposed to have more info but didn't. Plenty of people have done explanations.

I picked up Oblivion recently. Wasn't expecting much but after hearing some good things from people here so I'm not so skeptical anymore.

XenosisReaper
    Oblivion is basically what you get when you pay the special effects people 3 times more than the writers and throw Tom Cruise into the mix.

Pay writers? For what? Typing up some words on a paper?

Now CGI guys... they can do some crazy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    I like it. I had questions. They got answered later. The retail box was supposed to have more info but didn't. Plenty of people have done explanations.

I picked up Oblivion recently. Wasn't expecting much but after hearing some good things from people here so I'm not so skeptical anymore.
    Heh, typical Keyorthe. Never change, man.

If you actually think this video exercise of mowing down straw men redeems that movie, you'll probably absolutely love Oblivion. I don't think I can get through the full 28 minutes of this aspie tedium...

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Pomethius was crushed under the weight of it's own expectations. It almost could never be what Fans wanted it to be.

As for Oblivion, I really liked it. Phillip K. Dick'ian IMO, in a big way. To each their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Pomethius was crushed under the weight of it's own expectations. It almost could never be what Fans wanted it to be.
    Yeah well it could make some fucking sense in any of the scenes for a start.

We apparently don't have the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    We apparently don't have the technology.
    I think the rebuilding is going on quite nicely. ~Reinventing~ isn't.

While trying to find the full scene where that alien head explodes for no obvious reason in prometheus (apparently it's because the black goo just does that, although I don't recall any of the characters saying anything meaningful about why exactly that head exploded) I found this clip of pure awesome.

While trying to find the full scene where that alien head explodes for no obvious reason in prometheus (apparently it's because the black goo just does that, although I don't recall any of the characters saying anything meaningful about why exactly that head exploded) I found this clip of pure awesome.

If I hadn't just +Repped you, I'd have to +Rep you for that vid. Good stuff, albeit it some of it VERY creepy. Animatroic see-through baby.....no thank you.

But it's just a movie, it's not supposed to make sense. You're just being an autist.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    But it's just a movie, it's not supposed to make sense. You're just being an autist.
    I will admit after managing to sit through the first 10 minutes of that video keorythe linked that it's possible to patch and fill the gaps by adding enough extraneous information, theories and hidden variables until every nonsensical event has an explanation. But you can do that sort of thing with literally every plot hole in every movie ever. Why was superman able to lift up a whole island made of kryptonite when the whole point of kryptonite is that it makes him lose his powers? Oh, well it's because he had applied an anti-kryptonite salve that is mentioned on the back of a napkin by one of the writers.

Still left with a generally disappointing movie.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

If I hadn't just +Repped you, I'd have to +Rep you for that vid. Good stuff, albeit it some of it VERY creepy. Animatroic see-through baby.....no thank you.
    And some to the race of men.

OR because movies that mostly make sense provide a better viewing experience.

Movember 2012
    I will admit after managing to sit through the first 10 minutes of that video keorythe linked that it's possible to patch and fill the gaps by adding enough extraneous information, theories and hidden variables until every nonsensical event has an explanation. But you can do that sort of thing with literally every plot hole in every movie ever. Why was superman able to lift up a whole island made of kryptonite when the whole point of kryptonite is that it makes him lose his powers? Oh, well it's because he had applied an anti-kryptonite salve that is mentioned on the back of a napkin by one of the writers.

I'd say the difference between the two is: with Prometheus, everything stupid that happened was on the wtf scale of stupidity but not specifically impossible, as per the rules set down by the movies universe. Supe's lifting an entire god damn island of kryptonite is something that should very specifically be impossible according to the physical universe laid down in the Superman mythos.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

I'd say the difference between the two is: with Prometheus, everything stupid that happened was on the wtf scale of stupidity but not specifically impossible, as per the rules set down by the movies universe. Supe's lifting an entire god damn island of kryptonite is something that should very specifically be impossible according to the physical universe laid down in the Superman mythos.
    Not pure kytptonite

Donger
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Not pure kytptonite

Donger
    Actually Superman burrows deep down under the Kryptonite landmass and puts shitloads of rock between him and the Kryptonite continent on top so he can then lift up the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong - the whole thing is still derpy and it was a shit film, but that's the justification for that particular plot element.
    Steam: JLordMan | Origin: JForce1