hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 443 of 466 FirstFirst ... 343393433440441442443444445446453 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 9311

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

  1. #8841
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    insufferable retards are going to love because "omg I know that lol!".
    We call them "early reviewers".

  2. #8842
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Anime is now apparently everything you sorry fucks don't like.

    Let it stand on its own miserable two feet. It'd an 80s and on manchild nostalgia wankfest that is going to be full of terrible shoved in referenced that insufferable retards are going to love because "omg I know that lol!".

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Youve been pretty defensive about anything anime. Are u a paedo m8.


    

  3. #8843

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,831
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    ‘Ready Player One’ Defies Skeptics: Steven Spielberg Earns Acclaim For ‘Astonishing,’ ‘Brilliant’ New Film in First Reviews
    http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/rea...se-1201938333/
    I finished the book on Saturday and was quite a bit disappointed, given all the hype I've heard/read about it. If it wasn't for all the 80s references, I'd rate it mediocre (or even a bit below). But knewing that Spielberg did a movie, I could see how this could be one of the few exceptions, where the movie is better than the literature it's based upon. So yeah, no surprise there.

  4. #8844
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    ‘Ready Player One’ Defies Skeptics: Steven Spielberg Earns Acclaim For ‘Astonishing,’ ‘Brilliant’ New Film in First Reviews
    http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/rea...se-1201938333/
    I finished the book on Saturday and was quite a bit disappointed, given all the hype I've heard/read about it. If it wasn't for all the 80s references, I'd rate it mediocre (or even a bit below). But knewing that Spielberg did a movie, I could see how this could be one of the few exceptions, where the movie is better than the literature it's based upon. So yeah, no surprise there.
    80's nostalgia is a mega industry all it's own.

    If Spielberg made a half-decent flick, it'll likely make money hand over fist, and feed the geek nostalgia of oldsters like me who still think back fondly on our (insert 80's toy, film and video game references here).


  5. #8845
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,837
    Saw Annihilation on Netflix.

    Glad to see acid is still popular with movie writers. The amount of colour shoved in there for no real reason at all I think gave me epilepsy.

      Spoiler:
    Keep an eye out for the infinity tattoo. Overall the story is nice, mishmash between Contact, Arrival and Alien (xenomorph likes ground zero).

    Also, manbearpig is a thing. I shit you not.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  6. #8846
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post


    Would you like to know more?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/CXEJu
    Quality post acknowledged! Send reps!
    That put a big smile on my face and I know what I'm watching tomorrow evening.
    Still remember seeing it first time, expecting shit and walking out HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GOOD!


    Also, that Ready Player 1 poster... It has to be a stroke of genius from the marketing dept. Or someone managed to troll hard and deserves kudos/get hired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  7. #8847

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Anime is now apparently everything you sorry fucks don't like.

    Let it stand on its own miserable two feet. It'd an 80s and on manchild nostalgia wankfest that is going to be full of terrible shoved in referenced that insufferable retards are going to love because "omg I know that lol!".

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Youve been pretty defensive about anything anime. Are u a paedo m8.
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  8. #8848
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Anime is now apparently everything you sorry fucks don't like.

    Let it stand on its own miserable two feet. It'd an 80s and on manchild nostalgia wankfest that is going to be full of terrible shoved in referenced that insufferable retards are going to love because "omg I know that lol!".

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Youve been pretty defensive about anything anime. Are u a paedo m8.
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.


    

  9. #8849
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

  10. #8850
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Something being anime doesn't automatically make it disturbing or paedophilia

  11. #8851
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Something being anime doesn't automatically make it disturbing or paedophilia
    Eh most of it falls in that category. At least what neckbeards link around. Excuse me if I didn't want to drive in deeper than that.


    

  12. #8852
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Something being anime doesn't automatically make it disturbing or paedophilia
    Eh most of it falls in that category. At least what neckbeards link around. Excuse me if I didn't want to drive in deeper than that.
    Choosing ignorance is not a good defence m8

  13. #8853
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Something being anime doesn't automatically make it disturbing or paedophilia
    True, but there certainly does seem to be ALOT of what western populations would find exceedingly questionable content in many anime.


  14. #8854
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    True, but there certainly does seem to be ALOT of what western populations would find exceedingly questionable content in many anime.
    Western population is the largest consumer of anime after Japan. If the content was that questionable, it wouldn't be so popular.

    There's some breakdown of sales figures (albeit a bit old) in here if you're interested. I haven't gone through all the sources as a lot of the sites are blocked from work, but it seems legit https://anime.stackexchange.com/ques...the-most-anime

  15. #8855
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    True, but there certainly does seem to be ALOT of what western populations would find exceedingly questionable content in many anime.
    Western population is the largest consumer of anime after Japan. If the content was that questionable, it wouldn't be so popular.

    There's some breakdown of sales figures (albeit a bit old) in here if you're interested. I haven't gone through all the sources as a lot of the sites are blocked from work, but it seems legit https://anime.stackexchange.com/ques...the-most-anime
    Define "popular".

    It's certainly not mainstream in most of it's forms, and certainly not the questionable forms Zeekar and I are referencing.

    Sure, you get little bits of it here and there, but not the full bore perversions you get in Japan or enjoyed by a select subset on internet neckbeards elsewhere.

    It's like saying hard core porn is popular (it is, sort of) but that faux-murder-under-12-child-abuse-porn isn't.


  16. #8856
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you think people don't find animes a bit disturbing and bordering paedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Something being anime doesn't automatically make it disturbing or paedophilia
    Eh most of it falls in that category. At least what neckbeards link around. Excuse me if I didn't want to drive in deeper than that.
    Choosing ignorance is not a good defence m8
    Not going trough to wade trough shit to find a pearl to make his defense.


    

  17. #8857
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Define "popular".

    It's certainly not mainstream in most of it's forms, and certainly not the questionable forms Zeekar and I are referencing.

    Sure, you get little bits of it here and there, but not the full bore perversions you get in Japan or enjoyed by a select subset on internet neckbeards elsewhere.

    It's like saying hard core porn is popular (it is, sort of) but that faux-murder-under-12-child-abuse-porn isn't.
    Almost all of it is questionable, if you go with Zeekar's opinion, so by extension majority of the anime consumed in the West is also questionable.

    Anime is extremely popular, atleast in US so please don't quibble over definitions. Hentai is just as popular as porn, but yes, I suspect a lot of the more hardcore stuff probably doesn't make it out of Japan. Much like BDSM is not going to be "popular" with everyone.

    Edit: I get the point you are trying to make, but stop crucifying an entire genre, just because it also happens to have some (severely) objectionable stuff in it. Snuff porn also exists, I don't see people protesting the entirety of porn over it

    Yes I realize some people probably do protest the entirety of porn industry
    Last edited by Jolin; March 13 2018 at 05:54:54 PM.

  18. #8858
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,514
    Annihilation feat. Manbearpig
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  19. #8859
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,733
    this is the movie thread

    talk about movies

    don't talk about weeb things

  20. #8860
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,364
    Less weebshit and more Raw appreciation.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •