Page 456 of 458 FirstFirst ... 356406446453454455456457458 LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,120 of 9147

Thread: Movie Thread -Paradox:"Oh Moon is fucking the best"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    IDGI
    Look at Dorvil's post. Look at mine. Then realise that millennials can't get jobs (ie they don't work).
    It's spelled "millenium" falcon. Not millenial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I thought it was a funny thing to call the ship, since it is new and Han is young, and it seems like new star wars appeals to millennials, then Kai made a funny. Now can we move on and talk about how screwed up it is that they modified the design of the ship? Might as well fuck up the angle of the warp nacelles while they are at it.
    Yeah but you're spelling "millenium" wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

No. We're not spelling 'millenium'.

I dont know who's trolling who anymore.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Black panther was fucking great, should have let Micheal b Jordan stick around though , ridiculously handsome bastard.

Infinity war was even better,
      Spoiler:
    hulk getting beat to shit by thanos in the first 5 mins then basically being scared to come out set the tone, and peters spider sense letting him know he was going to die was rough.

ALL HAIL THANOS.

This wasn’t an avengers movie this was Thanos 1 and they need to keep him around for as long as possible.

Ready player one, as an eighties kid was a fun watch that 2nd challenge was great.

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Three billboards outside edding, missouri was really good one, but also really dark.

Black panther was really meh.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Black panther was fucking great, should have let Micheal b Jordan stick around though , ridiculously handsome bastard.

Infinity war was even better,
      Spoiler:
    hulk getting beat to shit by thanos in the first 5 mins then basically being scared to come out set the tone, and peters spider sense letting him know he was going to die was rough.

ALL HAIL THANOS.

This wasn’t an avengers movie this was Thanos 1 and they need to keep him around for as long as possible.

Ready player one, as an eighties kid was a fun watch that 2nd challenge was great.

Sent from my iPhtapa
    I was really surprised by Black Panther tbh, very enjoyable movie

I watched Black Panther recently and thought it was overrated, considering the hype I'd heard going in. It's in the top half of Marvel films and I can see why it's considered important in a Hollywood context, but it had a variety of narrative issues.

Maybe I'd built it up in my head, but I was a little disappointed by it. I think I enjoyed Antman more.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hype kills everything.

Yeah i pretty much had the same issue with Blank Panther. All the hype made me think i was walking into some sort of movie revolution but all i got was a fairly enjoyable action movie.

Infinity war was pretty meh. First half of the movie was actiony but reintroducing all the characters basicaly ate any story development there and then the actual story part of the 2nd half was just low effort.

Spoiler:
    The whole 'wipe out half of all life to save the universe from resource shortage' thing is full on dumb. It would take what, 2-3 generations to reach the same number as before? So best case scenario he bought the universe and extra 60-120 years? Big woop.

At least lots of people dying was neat, i was expecting them to just save the day in the last 5 mins so that came as a suprise. The only downside is they killed a bunch of characters that have profitable spinoffs so they obviously wont stay dead. I assume the plot in the next movie will be that gamora became the soul stone and everyone is stuck in the stone instead of dead or something equally lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Yeah i pretty much had the same issue with Blank Panther. All the hype made me think i was walking into some sort of movie revolution but all i got was a fairly enjoyable action movie.

Infinity war was pretty meh. First half of the movie was actiony but reintroducing all the characters basicaly ate any story development there and then the actual story part of the 2nd half was just low effort.

Spoiler:
    The whole 'wipe out half of all life to save the universe from resource shortage' thing is full on dumb. It would take what, 2-3 generations to reach the same number as before? So best case scenario he bought the universe and extra 60-120 years? Big woop.

At least lots of people dying was neat, i was expecting them to just save the day in the last 5 mins so that came as a suprise. The only downside is they killed a bunch of characters that have profitable spinoffs so they obviously wont stay dead. I assume the plot in the next movie will be that gamora became the soul stone and everyone is stuck in the stone instead of dead or something equally lame.
      Spoiler:

In the comics apparently the soul gem contains the souls of everyone it kills. Adam Warlock undoes the kiling, and shows Thanos that he's always allowed himself to be defeated because he knows he's not worthy of omnipotence. They form a new super team called the Infinity Watch. Hooray! Good guys win again!

My big issue with the Marvel movies is that I never followed the comics. I have no idea who half the characters are. Forgettable superhero #27 played by attractive Hollywood actor #89 just came in to save the day! Hooray! Maybe if I went back and binge watched all the movies one after another I'd remember all of these people, but that's a hell of a lot of investment. I'm sure they're great as nostalgia trips though. And the action scenes are quite fun, though the cinematography tends to be a bit poor IMO. Too much rapid camera angle switching to really follow what's going on.
    Also Tony Stark is an asshole. I wish they'd just kill him off for good. He'd make a much better villain than hero.

Haven't seen infinity war but so far the more heroes there have been in a superhero movie the worse it has been, no time for any individual apart from few oneliners and few jump cuts.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
      Spoiler:

The biggest flaw about IW is why Thanos did it. For that, you'll have to read the comics.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Haven't seen infinity war but so far the more heroes there have been in a superhero movie the worse it has been, no time for any individual apart from few oneliners and few jump cuts.
    I'm sorry have you seen any other Avengers movie (including civil war)? Marvel knows how to handle this, unlike lolDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
      Spoiler:

The biggest flaw about IW is why Thanos did it. For that, you'll have to read the comics.
    Nah mate, from the comics clearly the reason for what hes doing is that he wanted to get even with Spidey after that one time he accidentally dropped the cosmic cube and then took off in his Thanos-copter. Or wait no, i got that turned around... he actually got put in handcuffs and led off by the good old NY police.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Okay, one thing I dislike about Marvel movies in general is the tendency for characters to talk over each other very quickly when in a lively discussion.

This is the movies, not Little Italy. Stop it.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

That just makes it sound like you don’t talk to real people

Sent from my iPhtapa

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I'm sorry have you seen any other Avengers movie (including civil war)? Marvel knows how to handle this, unlike lolDC.
    Have seen them, including the civil war, they were pretty unimpressive. Also that one x-men movie with ALL OF THE MUTANTS in it. The good marvel movies have pretty much been the winter soldier and logan. So actually thinking about it there have been more good DC movies than marvel ones... (The dark knight trilogy alone, but still...)
    Last edited by depili; May 11 2018 at 09:38:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Have seen them, including the civil war, they were pretty unimpressive. Also that one x-men movie with ALL OF THE MUTANTS in it. The good marvel movies have pretty much been the winter soldier and logan. So actually thinking about it there have been more good DC movies than marvel ones... (The dark knight trilogy alone, but still...)
    you on crack son

I can get why people like all the capeshit that gets released, they're generally pretty fun and have decent visuals etc.

It doesn't really do much for me though, I think they're mostly pretty 'meh'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Same
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?